Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 10-30-2007, 04:31 PM   #21
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

^ Yeah, the guy who made it wrote for Spongebob & Billy & Mandy. He's also the voice of Fred Fredburger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosters home fan View Post
Almost Every thing mentioned here. Plus Anything that airs on the Dizney Channel.
Ditto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathander View Post
Really? Because I thought cancelling Invader ZIM, Rocko's Modern Life, Hey Arnold!, and Angry Beavers was genius.
Ditto-er.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 06:44 PM   #22
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Almost Every thing mentioned here. Plus Anything that airs on the Dizney Channel.
I have no problem with your first part, but I however strongly disagree on the second part. 90% of Disney channel is total ass garbage however Kim Possible is no such thing. Kim Possible was the single greatest modern Disney toon Disney channel ever created and that show truly was a diamond in the rough.

Every other Disney channel can choke on its own crappyness but Kim Possible is the best thing (in my opinion) to ever come out of that channel.

Quote:
=antgirl1]MISTY is always the one who's replaced by some ditz character, (She was once even replaced by TWO characters at once)Team Rocket always loses (Man, can't they get away with ANYTHING, for at least ONE time, and THEN lose in the next episode?) and etc etc etc. I miss Misty and her fear of bugs. D=
I truly gave up when Misty left. At first, she pissed me off to high Hell, she was constantly ripping on Ash and she was snotty, crabby brat in the beginning. However she evolved into my very first toon crush (one of them anyway) and I found her character to be the most emotionally developed.

None of the characters evolved (pardon the Poke-pun) as deeply as she did and even with all the stupid, repeated plot gags, I had some comfort knowing she and Ash were keeping the show fresh. I also don't care what ANYONE says, those 2 SO LOVE EACH OTHER! Its written all over the internet.

Of all the rumors, hints, and winking I've seen in a TV show, I have NEVER seen a larger supported romance then Ash and Misty. Pokemon's earlier days were amazing. The Magnemite and the Muk, the Pokemon tournaments, seeing Ash battle Sabrina the psycho psychic with the ghost Pokemon and etc.

Even when they came out with the music CDs and the movies, all of their original content was incredible. Pokemon 2000 totally kicks ass in my book . But sadly Pokemon Pearl has become the outhouse of Pokemon's glory days, recycling the same old crap with little difference other then new Pokemon and some lame new characters.

I tried REALLY hard to stay with this show to the end, but I just couldn't take the crap spiral any longer.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:47 AM   #23
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny View Post
how about "big brother"?

i cant wait to get home so i can watch a bunch of people stuck in a house!
Seconded. I despise Big Brother, and I despise it all the more for its tainting of such a great and influencial Orwellian icon with its use of that name. How rapidly must the author of "Nighteen Eighty Four" be spinning in his grave right now.

I can't say I had a great deal of interest in the show to begin with...I never really bought any of those early pretenses that it had merit has a viable sociological experiment, and what really bugs me about Big Brother is not merely its obstinate refusal to die - it keeps resurfacing, year after year, in the UK at least, eager to buff itself up as the "hip" and "edgy" reality show that no sensible young person should be able to resist - but also its inflated sense of self-importance. The way it insists on imposing itself upon the rest of the media throughout its annual duration rather implies that it seriously believes that the entire world revolves around whatever mundane and eye roll-inducing exploits go on inside that house for ten weeks. No matter how ardent your determination to avoid all forms of contact with it within that time, you can guarantee they'll find some way of shoving it down your throat with each passing year. It makes me want to groan - and worse - whenever I switch on my radio in the summer to hear them discussing the implications of the latest Big Brother "controversy"... invariably nothing more than overblown sensationalism designed to generate further publicity, and thus vitality, for the show.

In conclusion, I'm pretty sure that horse is dead, Channel 4. So quit flogging it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
You want to impress me with survival skills? Give each contestant a bagged lunch, twenty bucks, and a flashlight, then drop them in the middle of Baghdad. First one to find an army base wins.
The rate reality TV is going, I suspect we're only a few degrees away from such a show right now. At least the one about the kidney donor turned out to be a hoax.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 10-31-2007 at 09:52 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 05:55 AM   #24
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Most awful show ever in my opinion: The Girls Next Door. There is no measure of my hate for that show. It's pretty much just an excuse to get Playboy bunnies on TV without having to pay for the Playboy channel. This show has absolutely no meaning... I mean, even Big Brother has conflicts and stuff, but The Girls Next Door is pretty much just a camera inside the Playboy mansion. Boring as hell.

Unfortunately, it's gone several seasons because don't ya know, sex sells. Gross!
Old 10-31-2007, 07:17 AM   #25
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

There's no sex in that show.
Naruto's the worst show ever.....Beleive it!

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:17 AM   #26
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader Bloo View Post
I agree with you there. There are PLENTY of better animes' that don't focus on "Becoming the best ninja/Pokemon Trainer/Fighting dude in the WORLDS!" Plus, my sister likes it.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:26 AM   #27
TB
At Home
Because I said sooo...  

Send a message via AIM to TB

Quote:
I agree with you there. There are PLENTY of better animes' that don't focus on "Becoming the best ninja/Pokemon Trainer/Fighting dude in the WORLDS!" Plus, my sister likes it.
I do enjoy some of the characters in the show(shikimaru <3) but Naruto really is just another GOTTA GET STRONGA anime.
TB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:30 AM   #28
vinny
The real mac.

NO U  

Send a message via MSN to vinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader Bloo View Post
i love that show so much. what dont you like about it?
Old 10-31-2007, 02:27 PM   #29
emperor26
Foster's Legend

The Life & Times of Juniper Lee-If there's anything I don't like about this show, it is too campy, some inaccuracies with the monsters and few little developments of both the characters and the theme.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:29 PM   #30
montitech
Foster's Legend

I like a lot of the CN network cartoons, I particularly liked Juniper Lee I thought it was a great show.

However, I find Sunday Night on Adult Swim the worst show linup. It is the only night I do not even channel surf past CN.

Monty
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote