Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:19 PM   #21
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

This is something I didn't mention sooner, but I believe just before Comic-Con this past summer, some dude was complimenting me (I think I heard "I like your shirt!") on that #1 t-shirt from the CafePress store. I thanked him for the reply. I believe it was actually Cassini (before knowing it was him). I've had maybe 1-2 other comments on two other shirts.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:51 AM   #22
vinny
The real mac.

NO U  

Send a message via MSN to vinny

i get a comment everytime i wear one of my shirts. people just start laughing sometimes. they seem to think someone named mac wearing a bloo shirt is funny, what ever floats your boat i say. i also have have a checker backpack i wear everywhere (if you want to know hwy ill tell you) and its covered with fosters pins. i got the bloo shoe laces, but i use them for my glowsticks. anyone see the bloo hat and gloves? *want*

and how bout some mac stuff for the guys, whats up with that.
Old 12-25-2007, 04:15 PM   #23
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

Lullz, my oldest sister's boyfriend got me the Season 1 DVD and this t-shirt from HT.

My mother laughed so hard at it and said it was cute,
Old 12-26-2007, 10:24 PM   #24
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I was wearing the teal-green hoodie with the "Foster's Five" dancing on the front on Christmas Eve, and when my aunt arrived from the airport and came to give me a hug, she immediately noticed my hoodie and said it was cute.

And then on Christmas morning, I unwrapped the Bloo/Cheese blanket, and my grandma laughed at Cheese's smile. "Just look at that smile!" I was delighted! Neither my aunt or grandma have any clue the show exists, but they noticed my "merchandise" and commented on them.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 02:42 PM   #25
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Today a woman and her little girl stopped me because they liked my Deo t-shirt. So I showed them my all-over character print hoodie. They said Wilt's their favorite on the show.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 03:01 PM   #26
Mr_Bloo_Veins
At Home

YOU CAN'T TAKE THE MIKE AND IKES FROM OUR VENDING MACHINES  

Send a message via AIM to Mr_Bloo_Veins Send a message via Skype™ to Mr_Bloo_Veins

Once I saw a girl at my school carrying a tote bag with a picture of Bloo on it.
Mr_Bloo_Veins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 11:47 PM   #27
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

I've gotten pretty good reactions to my Foster's stuff. People laugh when they see my Cheese shirt, and a lot of people like my Bloo and Cheese key chain.

I think my fave reaction thus far was when my former AP US History teacher saw my Cheese shirt and just laughed right there in the hallway. (He has a young daughter, so maybe he knows what Foster's is.) I had a heck of a time in his class last year, and whined about it constantly, so amusing him was in some weird way satisfying.

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:09 AM   #28
BluebottleFlyer
Foster's Legend

Bug/monster/snowman/surfer creator at work  

Location: Connecticut, USA (originally from County Durham, UK)
Send a message via Skype™ to BluebottleFlyer

I don't know if the "Imagination Invaders" game on the DS counts as merchandise...but I saw a copy on the shelf in a place called Grainger Games when I was shopping at the MetroCentre a month ago, and it was pretty much the first piece of Foster's merch I'd seen in the UK. Kind of surprised me, actually.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:58 AM   #29
iceberg210
Newly Abandoned

I just recently bought the all over foster's blue tee from HT when they were having that clearence earlier this month. Anyway the first time I wore it my lab partner (in my Physics lab at the university of Washington (so the guy is like 20+ years old) laughed and siad, "That's House for Imaginary Friends show right?", I just replied "yeah Fosters'!" and we were able to talk about it for a while, while our other partner sat there and listened. Its always good to be able to get more people into the fandom and its great to hear other people who like the show. (the other day I was talking to my 20 something year old cousins about cartoons and they watch Foster's too)

I'm wearing my shirt again today so we'll see if anyone says anything.
iceberg210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:24 PM   #30
narfcake
Newly Abandoned

Haven't gotten too many compliments - only twice since the beginning of the year (once shopping at an Office Depot, another at Trader Joe's) ... though it may help if I'd actually wear them more than "once in a while". Heck, the last time I wore the "original shirt" was at SDCC!

Then again, I have so many shirts that if I really wanted to, I could go over a year without wearing the same one twice! ... and that's just between Animaniacs, PPG, Futurama, Simpsons, Family Guy, and Invader Zim. Add in Foster's, Dexter's Lab, Happy Tree Friends, The Tick, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Foamy the Squirrel, Cats Don't Dance, and other toon shirts or generic CN/CNS shirts, and I'm prolly closer to two years worth.
narfcake is offline   Reply With Quote