Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Foster's Discussion

Notices

Foster's Discussion Discuss general Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends topics here, that don't fit in any other specific category.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:16 AM   #21
montitech
Foster's Legend

You may be able to view the eppisode online, check CN video for your county to see what episodes are availible. Many of the shorts are on CN UK and I can view them here in the States. but I know many places have issues accessing the CN US from overseas.

I would partially agree with Ditchy. but I have my own reasons for not being fond of Torrets. I personally prefer RAR formats, but I understand the Copyright, Bandwidth and hosting issues associated to them.

WinRaR is not free, but neither is WinZip. WinRaR can be downloaded and used as an evaluation copy, and it can continue to be used without registering. I have switched over to using it over the past few years because of the enhancements that it offers above WinZip.

AS for Torrets, they are complex. and they do require a bit more knowlege then using just anything. for torrets you first need a torret client. I use UTorret, but there are others. Some are a bit more complex to use than others. the key for using torrets is to make sure you turn off the torret software when you do not use them and ignore Warning messages if it is working. also make sure to give it 5 min to start working. when choosing if to download a torret or not, the big thing is How many Seeders, and how many peers. If the seeders are lets say more than 1/3 of the peers then it should not be bad to download. so take the # of peers and divide it by the number of seeders. if the number is less than 3 the time is not so bad. the eppisode took me 45 min to download at this 1:3 ration. do not base your choice on number of peers unless you are technical enough to make sure that the ports have been opened against your ISP and firewalls, and properly fowarded through your Router if you are on wireless network or hub.

Either way, WinRAR and Torrets allow you to download the file to view offline at High quality through a vidio player (provided you installed the CODEX). while utube and other online streams are lower quality and require bandwidth to the internet to watch.

Monty
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 03:38 AM   #22
k0ugs
Settling In

Send a message via AIM to k0ugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuckieDuck View Post
I don't have BitTorrent since I don't want to download something for 24 hours. And if this appears as a WinRAR file, I can't watch it either since WinRAR isn't free. What about uploading the credits to YouTube or even better, DailyMotion? I would really like to see the credits. And there is no hope for me to see it on CN for another year since I only get the Nordic version of CN. I can't find the credit sequence anywhere.
there is a free alternative to winrar. Try 7zip http://www.7-zip.org/
Old 05-18-2007, 05:22 PM   #23
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

Just saw the opening credits tonight (5/18) and they've changed the first fifteen seconds becoming more colorful to say the least.

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:35 PM   #24
Chaos Wielder
Permanent Resident

Hmm...I haven't really noticed the change, actually. Maybe I need to pay more attention to the opening scene. So the characters have been altered a bit, huh? I don't really know what else to say about that since I haven't really seen it, but change CAN be good, as we all know, so I'll probably like it.
Chaos Wielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 01:02 AM   #25
Ditchy McAbandonpants
At Home

Sorry, you must have me confused with some other Harrier jet.  

Ok, now that I've seen "The Buck Swaps Here", I've finally seen the Season Five intro, and yeah, it has been spruced up. The most noticeable changes:

- The mansion is a little more ornate on the initial "draw-in", and the landscape is much sharper and more colourful
- Mac really bounces up those stairs now!
- The shot of Mac meeting Wilt is much smaller
- Ed's pupils and eyebrow are proportionally smaller, making his stare a bit more focused
- The shot of Mac meeting Coco is a bit bigger
- Frankie's finally been upgraded to her Season Two redesign, with the pronounced ears, larger eyes and without the dangly sideburn-thingies (what's the correct term for those?)
- Madame Foster's slower to wave, and Mr Herriman is slower to turn and point
- Bloo looks a lot bigger, as do his facial features, especially for his big smile as he turns around, and his leap onto Mac's head has a bit more oomph to it now
- Coco doesn't flap her mouth any more as she runs back and forth
- The title portrait is wider and lighter

Yes, I am a very, very sad man. I guess once you've seen something about a hundred times, even the smallest changes become glaringly obvious...that's my excuse, anyway.
Ditchy McAbandonpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 06:27 PM   #26
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchy McAbandonpants View Post
Frankie's finally been upgraded to her Season Two redesign, with the pronounced ears, larger eyes and without the dangly sideburn-thingies
So she has; I wish I'd noticed that sooner. Bad fanboy! (smacks self in head)

Seriously though, I wonder why they chose now to redo the intro, and why they redid it at all. It does look better, granted, but it wasn't that big of a deal, at least in my book.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:04 PM   #27
Crash-N-Cortex
Permanent Resident
I'm back with my Chimchar!  

Send a message via Yahoo to Crash-N-Cortex

I like the animation change for the intro. It looks they use the character models from Season Two to Season Five.

Crash-N-Cortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:00 AM   #28
InsaneFan
Foster's Legend
It's time for Animaniacs!  

Send a message via AIM to InsaneFan

Also, Wilt takes two steps into the room at the end, instead of one big one. He kinda slides farther into the room.

Sadly enough, that was the one thing that made me notice "Hey! The opening is changed!" xD That's when I watched through it again and saw the rest of the little details.

Heh.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:29 PM   #29
Chaos Wielder
Permanent Resident

Yeah, I finally noticed it today when I was watching "The Buck Swaps Here". I like the change, actually. It will take awhile to get used to, but it's still nice to look at. The designs seem to be overall improved and I also noticed that Eduardo is now smiling instead of looking neutral when Mac goes into the next room where he is. It's a nice little change.
Chaos Wielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:49 PM   #30
FishyCrackerz
Newly Abandoned
The Mac that smiles back.  

I kinda like this new animation, but at the same time, I really miss the old one (especially at the part with Bloo; now he looks fat)

(\__/) This is bunny. Help him conquer
(='.'=) the earth by copying and
(''')(''') pasting him into your sig.
^Hi doggie
FishyCrackerz is offline   Reply With Quote