Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fun and Games > Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party!

Notices

Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party! Topics relating to the year-long game at awesomehouseparty.com belong here.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:29 PM   #1
Vicks
At Home

This is nothing new! We've been talking about this ever since Day 1 of the June Update!! Please read existing threads to find out as much as you can before you post!

Trust me, uninstalling and reinstalling Shockwave is NOT the solution! It's not a Shockwave problem. It's a problem with the movie that uses the Shockwave software. For some reason it isn't able to load properly and play. Until CN fixes that, looks like we're out of luck. Until someone figures out what we can do, sit tight and hope that the errors go away. Unfortunately for me, the errors are STILL there, haven't gone away, even for once.

Please! If anyone has any knowledge of Shockwave and what could possibly help us in this, please post your insight. We'd all be eternally grateful!!
~Vicks
Vicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:10 PM   #2
montitech
Foster's Legend

From my experienec it seems to be more of a programming side from the game developer. like its been said before clearing cache and reinstalls of shockwave typically have no effect. one account login works and the next on the same machine does not.

The problems we experience as players has changed a bit since last summer when the big issues were happening. and the game communicated differently than it use to. from the symptoms I have seen it would appear that the problem is on the server side and not on our client side. thus there is nothing good or reliable we can do to fix the issue.

I found when I have an issue, usually I can log in using one of my other accounts to BFAHP.

Monty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicks View Post
This is nothing new! We've been talking about this ever since Day 1 of the June Update!! Please read existing threads to find out as much as you can before you post!

Trust me, uninstalling and reinstalling Shockwave is NOT the solution! It's not a Shockwave problem. It's a problem with the movie that uses the Shockwave software. For some reason it isn't able to load properly and play. Until CN fixes that, looks like we're out of luck. Until someone figures out what we can do, sit tight and hope that the errors go away. Unfortunately for me, the errors are STILL there, haven't gone away, even for once.

Please! If anyone has any knowledge of Shockwave and what could possibly help us in this, please post your insight. We'd all be eternally grateful!!
~Vicks
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:24 PM   #3
Vicks
At Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by montitech View Post
I found when I have an issue, usually I can log in using one of my other accounts to BFAHP.
This is why sooooo I'm glad I kept up on my daughter's account even on days she wasn't interested, or forgot about the game. At least I can play on her account and not have to completely start over. We managed to get her pretty close to caught up, except the 3rd Update's adventures, but we'll be current on hers soon. My other two daughters' accounts - 1 doesn't work like mine, and the other is so far behind, she lost complete interest. So I'm not worried about that.
~Vicks
Vicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:17 PM   #4
cisforcarl
Newly Abandoned

Exclamation The Official Error Thread

Everytime I try to log on it loads...then a popup comes up saying "Shockwave has an error please contact the author". Then I can't play. And it's been like that for a month now!! Anyone else getting this?

Last edited by Cassini90125; 07-09-2007 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Merged threads.
cisforcarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:47 AM   #5
NocturnLeader
Newly Abandoned

I was just jus playing fosters and the Sound was all wacked out then the song shut off, (this all while playing Cocos newest game in the Mall).

Then as I went to shoot an egg my IE just closed by itself. Now I have to wait until I can log in again... Darn it!

Not the first time it happened while I was playing either. Darn sound/music.
My Imaginary Friend Quakers"So Cinderella skipped the ball and asked her fairy Godmother to make her the first woman president. Realizing that the monarchy was becoming obsolete, the prince opened a video store." ~daria
NocturnLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:54 PM   #6
rose1metal
Newly Abandoned

Aaaagh! I had timeouts all day yesterday & the day before and funky errors about problems communicating with the server ( I'm on my work's LAN and we've got wicked fast speeds, so this is really unusual) .. today, all fine .. but! No new chores, no new favours.. This so totally bites.
I'm pretty sure this happened in the past but usually if I log out, wait a while and log back in, it's all OK - not this time, and it's happening to BOTH my logins oh woe is me, pls tell me that someone else is having this problem, misery loves company ...
rose1metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:01 PM   #7
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Well...I can tell you that people like to email me asking for advice when they encounter errors on the game (I never have any!) and no, you're not the only one this is happening to. I wish they'd fix the game so people would quit emailing me for help, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1metal View Post
Aaaagh! I had timeouts all day yesterday & the day before and funky errors about problems communicating with the server ( I'm on my work's LAN and we've got wicked fast speeds, so this is really unusual) .. today, all fine .. but! No new chores, no new favours.. This so totally bites.
I'm pretty sure this happened in the past but usually if I log out, wait a while and log back in, it's all OK - not this time, and it's happening to BOTH my logins oh woe is me, pls tell me that someone else is having this problem, misery loves company ...
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:53 PM   #8
rose1metal
Newly Abandoned

... would't be so bad if today wasn't "adventure day"
Omnia dicta fortio"a si dicta Latina -"Everything sounds more impressive when said in Latin"
rose1metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:09 AM   #9
Chazz93
Newly Abandoned

Default A new Error?

Is anyone else getting a shockwave error message when they try to log in today?
Chazz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:06 AM   #10
Divelucaya
Settling In
Best Road Trip Ever  

Not me. I've played 3 times today and haven't had a problem with any errors.
Divelucaya is offline   Reply With Quote