Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 09-04-2006, 05:37 PM   #21
rukift
At Home

*jumps back in* Back in the days of my sailor-moon obsessing, I totally loved Jupiter too. Everything about her was just... so... cool, you know? She was like, perfect to me-- but without being all annoying and blah. Maybe it was because she was so balanced out... haha, I can't really put my finger on it either.
rukift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 09:07 PM   #22
DoubleLatte
At Home

I've had puh-lenty of crushes on animated characters, many of which I still feel attached to after years. Most recent:

Tallest Red, Zim - Invader Zim (obviously :p)

Davy Jones - PotC: DMC (does he count? he's CG)

Randall Boggs - Monsters, Inc. (watched Monsters, Inc. yesterday with my 5-year-old cousin and *loved* it. Randall, in particular.) Move over, Wilt! ;3
DoubleLatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 09:12 PM   #23
Voxxyn
Banned

Me being physically attracted to a female character is easy, and I've had many instances... so I'll just list some of the ones that have actually had a long-term impact on me:

Frances "Frankie" Foster ~ Maybe the coolest animated girl I've ever seen. She has an hilariously short temper that makes her refreshing, and a heart so big that I think it actually pours out of her head and masquerades as the red hair we know and adore. And she's foxy to absolutely no end.

Helen Parr aka "Elastigirl" ~ Extremely charming and sexy, which is a heck of an accomplishment considering she's in her thirties/forties and happens to be CGI(usually the kiss of death for human characters). And, of course, she's a wonderful lady who cares about her husband and children.

Violet Parr ~ Like mother, like daughter. Not only is she cute and has a great personality, I can very much relate to her feelings of shyness and alienation.

Ariel ~ My first real crush, and she continues to wow me. A very sweet personality, and(Yeah, this will sound shallow, but I was just a child back then) she wore far less than any of the Disney Princesses. Nothing against them, but Ariel will always mean far more to me.

Terra ~ I know, I know... but I just love traitorous characters, and she(along with Ken Ichijouji from season 2 of Digimon) is one of the better ones I've seen. I just wish there were a better ending to her character arc than "Things Change"(I very much agree with the episode's overall message, but come on...)
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 09:39 PM   #24
DoubleLatte
At Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
Terra ~ I know, I know... but I just love traitorous characters, and she(along with Ken Ichijouji from season 2 of Digimon) is one of the better ones I've seen. I just wish there were a better ending to her character arc than "Things Change"(I very much agree with the episode's overall message, but come on...)
I was more than a little disappointed too when I saw her comeback episode. It actually left you with more questions than answers.

Darn! I can't believe I missed Ken Ichijouji. He was absolutely gorgeous to me with his "bad gone good" character. I watched the second season with my sister, though I was too embarrassed to let her know that I only started watching because of Ken. It wasn't even until he started to kind of turn over a new leaf that I became interested in him. Before that, he was just the spiky, blue-haired, "spawn of pure evil" kid who wanted to rule the Digiworld with an iron fist, but the whole charade made him appear rather dull and two dimentional (no pun intended). He was full of angst, that kid. So, yeah; thanks a bunch for mentioning him. =3

Last edited by DoubleLatte; 09-04-2006 at 09:41 PM.
DoubleLatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:13 PM   #25
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Actually I LIKED Ken when he was evil and going around as the Digimon Emperor, and kind of got less interested in him when he became good. I felt he was too thin and kind of flat as a good guy, like there wasn't really anything unique about him as an invididual other then his gimmick.

Same thing for Terra, I NEVER hated her but she is FAR from my favorite titans character. Terra's gimmick was the only thing that made her truly stand out like with Ken (and that was being a traitor), however Ken did a much better job trying to atone for his crimes then Terra did.

I also thought her final appearance in Titans was kinda sucky. I myself always found Starfire to be the hottest titan, and a toon crush of mine. I also liked Jinx and was very happy to see the creators give her much more "breathing room" so to speak and flesh out her character some more.

Another cartoon crush of mine was Roxanne from "A Goofy movie". They did a DAMN good job of making a hottie for Goofy's son Max, she had this foxyness about her and yet, she was a very simple character who was easy to like and see why Max was so into her.

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 09-05-2006 at 02:17 PM.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:59 AM   #26
kaytea
I go by Jam or Jammy now, don't call me kaytea

I also use them/them pronouns now, ignore the gender thing it's a lie  

I have one on mac =(
man I wish he was real and 16
Old 09-06-2006, 06:46 AM   #27
ch3353-h4xx0rrrr
Permanent Resident
And it's Goo!  

Yakko Warner- He's awesome. Great sense of humour, in tact with his childlike side, yet the most responsible of the Warner trio. I dunno. I'm in l-o-v-e with Yakko... and Rob Paulsen, his VA.

Danny Fenton/Phantom- Not so much anymore, but man oh man. He was amazing. Instant attraction USA. :3

Chester McBadbat- We all remember Chester, right? He was so cute; way better than Timmy, IMHO. I thought he had a deep character, or deep for a children's cartoon, anyway.

I think that's it. Be prepared for more, though.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:36 PM   #28
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Do animes count?

I mean they are technically cartoons.
Some would argue differently, but I won't. anime, cartoons, I see no difference.

As for crushes, I can't really say. I suppose I'll count from the shows I watched because a certain female character was entertaining.

So that means, Frankie, and Ro from the Zeta Project.
short list.
billytheskink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 04:38 AM   #29
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleLatte View Post
I've had puh-lenty of crushes on animated characters, many of which I still feel attached to after years. Most recent:

Tallest Red, Zim - Invader Zim (obviously :p)

Davy Jones - PotC: DMC (does he count? he's CG)

Randall Boggs - Monsters, Inc. (watched Monsters, Inc. yesterday with my 5-year-old cousin and *loved* it. Randall, in particular.) Move over, Wilt! ;3

I would have a really, REALLY tough time if I ever had to choose between Randall and Wilt! At first, they seem so different...but pay close attention to Wilt in some of the latter episodes(especially "Bus The Two of Us"), as the stress of SOMETHING is starting to really get to him, and tell me that he and Randall aren't, like, sharing the same brain or something! Their reactions, especially to someone startling them, or someone(like Bloo or Mike Wazowski)pushing the right "buttons", as so similar. Thing is, Randall is often perceived as Evil Incarnate, while Wilt is Mr. Nice Guy. Given how quickly Wilt can go from that Mr. Nice Guy to borderline psycho, you have to wonder what Randall's behavior would be like in the absence of the extreme and prolonged stress he was under in the movie. While I can't quite picture him apologizing for every little thing or willingly taking the blame for things he didn't do(he got pretty upset when Mike accused him of cheating, which he was NOT doing), it's not difficult to fathom him being the sort who'd randomly clean someone else's apartment "just because" or nearly break his neck to go get Frankie some light bulbs from the store! Plus, like Wilt, he's got this past that no one knows about, but it's easy to extrapolate that it has not been a pleasant one, and if you look closely, you will see that Randall has more than his fair share of noticeable scars, as well.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 01:27 PM   #30
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Randall makes life stressful for himself though. He purposely gets in confrontations with both Mike and Sulley, and doesn't even appreciate those who work for him, let alone the people he hates. Randall's a villain through and through, he's even worse then Waternoose in the movie.

Waternoose may have proven to be cold as ice when he said he'd take a thousand children just to save his company, but he also showed regret and sympathy towards what happened to Sulley. He wasn't entirely thrilled with Boggs idea of stealing screams either, he even said "you're not half the monster sulley is".

But anyway back on topic, I never actually had a crush on any female villain with the exception being Jinx from Teen Titans. I didn't think of her as much but as they used her more and developed her personality further, I saw what other Jinx fans saw in her. And even found her to be down right attractive.

I usually get turned off by toon girls that are evil, considering that it's hard to like someone who's such a bad seed. But considering Jinx ended up becoming good anyway, I guess nothing's really changed in my tastes then after all.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote