Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Supporting Cast

Notices

Supporting Cast Discuss everyone else in the show, both human and imaginary. For discussions about single, specific characters only.

View Poll Results: Rate "Imposter's Home"
A 11 24.44%
B 4 8.89%
C 13 28.89%
D 8 17.78%
F 9 20.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 08:54 AM   #21
rukift
At Home

Am I like the only person here who doesn't hate goofball? I thought he was cool, he was a funny character. So layed back...
Old 09-30-2006, 10:10 AM   #22
Voxxyn
Banned

It's not so much what he is, but what he DID to my favorite character...
Old 10-02-2006, 02:57 PM   #23
rukift
At Home

Oh come on, Frankie's life can't be perfect. Putting up with Goofball was just another bump in the road. She lived.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:05 PM   #24
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukift View Post
Oh come on, Frankie's life can't be perfect. Putting up with Goofball was just another bump in the road. She lived.
I see, so we were supposed to enjoy watching Frankie suffer? Sorry, but I don't enjoy seeing the people I love go through a living hell like that. Goofball should be chained to a battleship anchor and dropped in the central Pacific for what he put her through.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:35 PM   #25
Voxxyn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukift View Post
Oh come on, Frankie's life can't be perfect.
If Frankie were the kind of character that deserved to suffer such a cruel ordeal(like Duchess or Vicky the Babysitter or Mandy), or were an irritating Mary Sue-like character whose life is usually 100% perfect, then it would've been hilarious. But as it stands, she is already underappreciated and sympathetic as it is, so giving her an episode where she gets trashed from start-to-finish without any payback at all, isn't funny unless you hate her and/or love "bashing" humor.

And I'm sorry, but there is no excuse whatsover for the cruelty that happened in that episode. Goofball turning out to be an imaginary friend does not change his deliberately reckless behavior. And Frankie being wrong in the end does NOT AT ALL erase all the genuine hard work, dedication and kindness she's shown both before and since in the course of the series, to the point that it's easy to shrug it off with "bah, she deserved to miss the concert". It just doesn't.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:52 PM   #26
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Well said, dude.

Old 10-02-2006, 07:16 PM   #27
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

No arguements here.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:32 AM   #28
rukift
At Home

although I really don't feel like arguing over here, I think Goofball being "chained to a battleship anchor and dropped in the central Pacific" is a whole lot meaner than your sweet Frankie missing a concert. :|
Old 10-04-2006, 06:16 AM   #29
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

I don't care. He put someone I care very deeply about through hell and got away with it. I want vengence.

Old 10-04-2006, 08:28 AM   #30
Voxxyn
Banned

It was Frankie missing the concert she'd been waiting a long time to see... AFTER(and DESPITE) all the excessive amount of work she did that day, being embarassed in front of the entire house and getting verbally trashed by all of her friends, ALL at the hands of a complete jerk who gets away with it. AND it was a complete slap in the face to one of the show's most sympathetic and vulnerable characters--who has become even more so after that incident.

And I think the whole "human or imaginary" plotline was an excuse to hide the fact that the episode was nothing more than the "Let's Bash Frankie Foster Half-Hour!". If Frankie just pulled the clown nose instantly upon his arrival, and realized from the very beginning that Goofball was an imaginary friend--chances are things would've played out the EXACT SAME WAY they did in the episode, only replace the "Goof Goof McGoof" finale with Goofball deliberately creating a giant mess that destroys the entire house, just as Frankie was about to finally leave for the concert.

So, no, it's not just "sweet Frankie missing a concert".
Closed Thread