Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > General Character Discussions

Notices

General Character Discussions Discussions about the characters in *general*, or groups of characters, belong here. Please place discussions about *single* specific characters in their appropriate category.

View Poll Results: What does Eduardo have during these lines?
Cancer 0 0%
Autism 1 16.67%
Paranoia 5 83.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 10:53 AM   #21
HappyFoppy
This rank is six words long
STFU AND DANCE  

Send a message via MSN to HappyFoppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
WTF? I am a very intelligent, educated person, and I totally do NOT get this at all! What does cancer or autism have to do with Ed's behavior? He's just paranoid, since he's scared of so many things. Ed always tends to think of the "worst case scenario", which is something many little children do to try to make an argument in support of their childhood fears. Eduardo thinks like a four-year-old, and if you have ever tried to reason with a four-year-old about something like say...a monster in the closet, you would know what I mean. A lot of old people get like this, too; my grandmother would always think of the most horrific things that could happen to me if I slipped up and told her that I was driving to a dog show or something four hours away. It's their way of getting others to go along with them and see things their way. Eduardo was embarrassed about being afraid of the "Whizbee", so he kept elaborating on things so that the others would hopefully see his point in the alleged dangers in mundane things. Nothing to do with autism or cancer at all.

pitbulllady
I don't think only 4-year-olds do that. And then I don't mean Ed. Even I can do it know sometimes when I'm afraid of stuff (like I have fear of being alone *blush* yeah I can't help it) but thereafter I just think 'Nah, that couldn't happen.'. But still, I do agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosDosEduardos View Post
Well, as of right now I can't add a Paranoid option. I tried to find an edit poll option when editing the first post, but I can't. Maybe a moderator should help.
Oh yeah, that's impossible in Vbulletin. A mod should do it then.

Last edited by HappyFoppy; 10-28-2006 at 10:54 AM.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:06 AM   #22
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

As requested, "Paranoia" has been added as an option. No charge.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:17 AM   #23
kaytea
I go by Jam or Jammy now, don't call me kaytea

I also use them/them pronouns now, ignore the gender thing it's a lie  

he's just paranoid
Old 10-28-2006, 11:34 AM   #24
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

Paranoia.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:25 PM   #25
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

No offense but as much as I support people's creativity into importing different ideas and aspects of RL into this show to create conversations, but I think this one is just plain off kilter and it doesn't make a dam bit of sense to me.

Being freaky by nature doesn't mean cancer or that your autistic. Eduardo's paranoid (which is what he is) attitude is apart of his personality and no biological or genetical disorder can always explain why we act the way we are.

I also don't think imaginary friends get half the stuff we do like austim or cancer. Because if that's the case, where does it end? Parkinson's disease, shcitzophrenia, diabetes? I mean I think this is going into territory that has nothing to do with Foster's in general.

Also, I actually have a younger girl cousin who is severely autisic and she does NOTHING like what Eduardo is acting like.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:35 PM   #26
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

This thread disgusts me, and to be pretty frank I'm pretty angry at this. Autism? Cancer? What the heck is wrong with you? Eduardo has NEITHER. He's the image of innocence, NOT some disease which affects people world wide with (most times) devastating effects!

I watched my uncle, my cousin, and my mum's best friend die of cancer and none of them did anything like Eduardo. They remained smart, clever, everything.

I want this thread gone.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:03 PM   #27
CCMars
Settling In
The Quiet-Yet-Outspoken Friend  

Send a message via AIM to CCMars Send a message via MSN to CCMars Send a message via Yahoo to CCMars

Paranoia. I myself have a form of autism (Asperger's) and my mother had breast cancer. Eduardo has no symptoms along either of those lines.

Where the heck did you get the idea that Eduardo had cancer or autism? I have to wonder if you even know what either of those are...
Website | LJ | DeviantArt
Old 10-28-2006, 05:08 PM   #28
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
A fellow Scientific American reader, I presume?
Indeedio... I liked that article.

I agree that this is totally out of whack- but it dosn't need to be deleted.

Though, seriuosly, cancer?
Old 10-28-2006, 06:16 PM   #29
LosDosEduardos
Banned
Full Metal Minotaur.  

I doubt he has cancer as well. But you know what they say: "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em." I just realized just now, and knew that the Wikipedia article about Ed having cancer was just a hoax. I'm glad that it was edited out. I think now that he's paranoid.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:34 PM   #30
lucyrocks73
Razzamatazztic Tap Dancer

There are ways to make punks like you sing.  

Send a message via AIM to lucyrocks73

Yeah.

NEVER BELIEVE A WORD ON WIKIPEDIA.

It took me a while to learn that...

-Marty