Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 11-26-2009, 03:04 PM   #2201
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

Today almost wasn't worth it. Even if it was a holiday.

As usual, my parents get stressed around the holidays, getting everything ready and all. But it's bad enough that they have to bicker, yell and scream at eachother, and me. I understand that my parents are a little uneasy around this time of year, but the least they could do is not take it out on me.

Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 07:32 PM   #2202
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

The PETA tards are at it again:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf,204750

Someone needs to explain to them that robots don't make good mascots, and stupidity doesn't make good PR.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:29 PM   #2203
BluebottleFlyer
Foster's Legend

Bug/monster/snowman/surfer creator at work  

Location: Connecticut, USA (originally from County Durham, UK)
Send a message via Skype™ to BluebottleFlyer

Up until 10AM this morning, my mobile broadband was working fine...then it suddenly decides not to connect for half a day, and when it finally does, it's slower than what it should be. It's not what I pay £15 a month for.

Still in limbo about a work placement I'm supposed to be starting next week, too...which quite frankly isn't going to be worth it. Sick of being pushed around by the system, to be honest.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:38 PM   #2204
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

EA Games released a new patch/update for the Sims 3 game today. It contains, among other things, a new feature called "Shop Mode", which allows you to buy things from EA's online store while you're playing the game. The general consensus is that it ought to be called "Spyware Mode", but that's another story. Anyway, the patch, like all EA Sims patches, is broken, and broken badly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakron
Either EA fixes this mess or Sims3packs are a dead format.
Sims3packs are the file format used for the stuff EA wants you to buy from their store, the format used by every upload and download on the Sims 3 Exchange, and is used by several independent sites as well, including TSR. Good frikkin' grief. EA needs to learn that it is a very, very good idea to TEST UPDATES THOROUGHLY before unleashing them on their customers.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 12-16-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:53 PM   #2205
MAXinsanity
Newly Abandoned

Unless it's a farm!  

Yesterday I got three items from the random drop system in TF2. Usually I get NOTHING each day. It was cool.

Whoops wrong thread for that.

I hate it when I'm bored out of my mind. In fact, I'm probably bored out of my mind right now! D:<
they're nothing / they're all gone

SUPER COOL FUN FACT: Might make a Fanfiction when I know enough about the series. Also, chances are that you're reading this.

Last edited by MAXinsanity; 12-29-2009 at 02:41 PM. Reason: [DATA EXPUNGED]
MAXinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:22 PM   #2206
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I went in to work at 6am today. And of course I was up late last night. Got to bed at about 1. And then I was woken up around 4 by a thunderstorm. As much as I adore thunderstorms, I'll admit I was a little irritated at getting even less sleep than I was going to be getting anyway. As soon as I got off work, I put my PJs back on and went back to bed. Woke up in time to watch "Arthur" on PBS, only to see that, due to the holiday, they're not airing their regular schedule. That was a let down. But I learned that CN was having a Loony Toons marathon all day today, so I watched that instead and that was nice. It's just I'm so tired I feel sick. I just feel "blech".

Last edited by Lynnie; 01-01-2010 at 10:23 PM. Reason: marathon
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:24 PM   #2207
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

I am ticked off at everything and everybody today. I am just looking for a reason for somebody to make me angrier (not on this forum of course). I just feel like smashing something
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:44 PM   #2208
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I just got back from dropping Kiwi off at the boarder. The lady told me that recently someone dropped their cockatiel off for an overnight stay and never picked him up. They tried contacting the two phone numbers on the sheet the people had filled out and they were no good. They even tried sending a letter to the mailing address and it came back.

So in other words, someone abandoned their bird at the boarder by filling out their contact sheet with bogus information and not returning for him. -_- I guess he's going to the bay area cockatiel rescue now.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:53 PM   #2209
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I just got back from dropping Kiwi off at the boarder. The lady told me that recently someone dropped their cockatiel off for an overnight stay and never picked him up. They tried contacting the two phone numbers on the sheet the people had filled out and they were no good. They even tried sending a letter to the mailing address and it came back.

So in other words, someone abandoned their bird at the boarder by filling out their contact sheet with bogus information and not returning for him. -_- I guess he's going to the bay area cockatiel rescue now.
Well that really chaps my hide! Whether it is an animal or even a person - that kind of irresponsiblity is NOT right!
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:50 PM   #2210
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

This bus driver cut me off in a traffic circle today. Then she proceeded to honk her horn, open her window, and yell at me. Lady, not my fault you don't know the proper definition of a "yield" sign.