Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 01-03-2009, 08:05 PM   #201
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

New year, so it's time to dust off one of my favorite threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawbah View Post
So I was reading this thread and since most of the past few posts have been about Frankie and the way she's drawn etc. I had a very odd thought process. I thought, I don't think I've ever been attracted to any of Craig's characters. I'm not saying anythign bad about his style or whatever, I just have never had a crush on any of them. Then I began to think... well what if Frankie was a boy instead of a girl. Basically with the same personailty and everything, but was just a boy... or maybe if Frankie had a brother... Anyway, I was sitting here and I thought Frankie would actually make a cute boy. I mean... I love redheads... So... here's hoping Frankie's long lost brother suddenly appears.
I hesitate to say this but I can change the gender of her Sim if you'd like to see that. I make no guarantees on what the result will look like, however. Could be pretty scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Recently I've found a new crush on Mars. While i find her attitude to be a bit too b****y at times, she's insanely hotter then I thought she was when I first saw the show.
You know, I found that as well late last year and I'm not sure why. I mean, she's still the same character I knew in the 90's but still... I don't know, maybe I'm just happy to see the Scouts again after so long. Great characters, and a great show.

Quote:
Video game hotties are just as good in my book as anime or animated females. Though personally, there haven't been as many game girl crushes for me as there have been for TV. Only one comes to mind and it's from a recent game.
Well, if we're throwing videogame characters into the mix, then I have to mention Amanda Blue and Sarah Sussman from my Sims 2 game. Amanda is beyond gorgeous in my book and she's a lot of fun to spend time with; smart (for a Sim, anyway), energetic, usually nice but doesn't put up with any crap from the other Sims, and like Frankie she's adorable when she loses her temper. As for Sarah... well, if there was no Frankie...

Quote:
I imagine if I was dating say Sailor Jupiter from Sailor Moon or Mahoro Ando from the anime series Mahoromatic, I imagine what I would wear to impress them, where to take them, to open the door and pull their seats out to be polite to them, and I can just imagine seeing them blush so adorably and being so kind and caring I'd feel like I'd be walking on air or cloud 9.

I also think about what they would say to me because in a weird way, I think about how they would think of me or speak about me. I usually don't care what other people think about me. I am content with who I am, what my interests are and I have no desire to change for anyone other then myself. But hearing Jupiter or Mahoro or other toons speak highly of me, to hear their voices say those words, it would mean so much to me. Pardon my sappiness.
Sappy or not, I do the same dang thing. During quiet times I love to let my mind wander and imagine what it would be like to go out to dinner with my favorite redhead. I think about what we'd wear, I think about what flowers to get her, where we'd end up dining, what we'd order, what we'd talk about, all the little details that make an evening special. Do we go to a movie after dinner? If so, what do we see? Maybe it's a nice evening outside so we forego the theater and go for a stroll in the park. And I imagine how incredibly nervous I would be at the end of the evening, wondering if there's going to be a magical moment at the front door to Foster's when I take her home. It's my fantasy so there usually is... and often there's a moment of embarrassment when we hear a round of applause and realize that the rest of the cast has been spying on us from a nearby window. But in the end, as long as she's had a great night out and I've made her smile, it's worth all the effort. Hopeless romantic? Y'all bet I am, and I'll never change.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:24 AM   #202
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Heh did you see my title below my name Cass, I'm a Hopeless romantic myself a not-so-hopeless romantic actually because ever since I've been lucky enough to find myself such a wonderful girlfriend, I've had a greater appreciation for love, romance, dreams, and all that other good stuff and starting 0n Feb. 17th, me and my girlfriend will have been together for one full year!

Its gone by so fast. Anywho, despite my fact being a now one woman show, I still have my dreams and fuzzy thoughts about animated crushed and girls of that nature. Which is funny because I always feared I would crush on girls (animated or RL) simply by their looks and not care too much about their inner beauty but that is thankfully not the case.

I don't have a single animated crush on a girl who has a personality that i find rude, distasteful or hateful like say Naga the white serpent from Slayers. Sure she's half naked and got a great body, but her attitude and her obnoxious nature just automatically turns me right off. Even tho she can be a bit testy at times, another red head (aside from Frankie) i like is Lina Inverse, also from Slayers.

I love characters who have great inner beauty, I think it even surpasses pure physical attraction with most of my animated crushes. Which is why I felt so drawn to Frankie because she has such a pure inner beauty, similar to Belldandy from Ah My goddess who is not only absolutely gorgeous but has a pure spirit with no hate or ill will directed towards anyone.

I have recently been watching "Flights of fancy" the second season to ah My Goddess and man its such a heart felt piece of work, it really makes you respect love and admire its beauty. Belldandy is such a gorgeous character and the main character is such a lucky guy to have landed a girl like her.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:53 PM   #203
HerrimanWasHere
At Home

*Non Omnis Moria* "I dislike you with great intensity."  

Send a message via MSN to HerrimanWasHere

Crushes-Over the years:

Daffy Duck
Edd/Double D
Hannibal Lecter
Invader Zim
Oogie Boogie
Dr. Drakken

Fangirlism:
Mr. Herriman
Frankie
Jack Skellington
Kermit the Frog
Edward the Platypus
Perry the Platypus
Dr. Doofenshmirtz
Shego
Rabbit
Tigger
Mad Hatter
BeetleJuice
Lydia
Takk
Gaz
Minimoose
The Penguin
The Joker
The Scarecrow
Ventriloquist/Scarface
and so on...

~"No, sir, I make it a rule of mine: the more it looks like Queer Street, the less I ask." ~
HerrimanWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:42 PM   #204
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Hey Herrimanwashere, I am just curious as to what you mean by fan girlism with those names?

I'm just a little bit confused on what you mean by crushes versus fangirlisms in each list.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:02 AM   #205
HerrimanWasHere
At Home

Quote:
Hey Herrimanwashere, I am just curious as to what you mean by fan girlism with those names?

I'm just a little bit confused on what you mean by crushes versus fangirlisms in each list.
Ah yes, sorry!
By "fangirlism" I mean that I like the character a lot, so much that another could confuse it as a crush. But it's more like you imagine yourself as one of their groupies, and never had the thought of "dating" them. That's why I put my female toons in there. It's my fangirlism about the chicks that make my family joke around and say that I'm "gay". That, and I tend to get mesmirized by beautiful woman. Not attraction, but the artistic part of my brain comes and says "I want to draw them, so pretty..." (Which is why I reeeeaally like Frankie and Shego)

~"No, sir, I make it a rule of mine: the more it looks like Queer Street, the less I ask." ~

Last edited by HerrimanWasHere; 01-09-2009 at 04:03 AM.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:41 AM   #206
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrimanWasHere View Post
Ah yes, sorry!
By "fangirlism" I mean that I like the character a lot, so much that another could confuse it as a crush. But it's more like you imagine yourself as one of their groupies, and never had the thought of "dating" them. That's why I put my female toons in there. It's my fangirlism about the chicks that make my family joke around and say that I'm "gay". That, and I tend to get mesmirized by beautiful woman. Not attraction, but the artistic part of my brain comes and says "I want to draw them, so pretty..." (Which is why I reeeeaally like Frankie and Shego)
Hi HWM,

I was confused too by the terminology. The above reply makes it a lot clearer, and actually that is a better way to catagorize it. For me - it is Frankie and her variants (IF Frankie, and Miss Amy)
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:27 PM   #207
HerrimanWasHere
At Home

I just thought it would make sense to put down both. It shows a little more about me.

Old 01-11-2009, 01:26 PM   #208
Sama-chan
Servant of the shadows

Do I LOOK like a people person?  

I dont have any now, but I had some when I was little

Mimi from Digimon

Sailor Jupiter from Sailer Moon

I think thats it...
Old 01-11-2009, 01:35 PM   #209
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Yeah, definitely Sailor Jupiter. Lita was a real sweetheart; she had more class, was more attractive, and was better company than virtually any animated woman on TV both then and now. Heck of a lady.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:32 PM   #210
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

I've stated several times as well as Cass has about my undying love for Lita/Jupiter so all I will say is I agree with everything said about her ^^. I love Jupiter, Frankie, Fifi La Fume, Bunnie Rabbot, Gadget Hackwrench but a new one I wanted to also bring up was another animated southern bell, X-men's Rogue.

More specifically, the one from the 90's X-men series and not the god awful "Evolution" series or the whimpy whispy one from the movies. I loved Rogue and thought not only was she drop dead gorgeous but was supremely powerful, has one of my dream desired powers (flight) and has that adorable southern accent.

Something about toons with southern accents always seems to tug at my heart strings.