Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

View Poll Results: Rate Make Believe It Or Not
A 32 50.79%
B 23 36.51%
C 6 9.52%
D 1 1.59%
F 1 1.59%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2006, 03:32 PM   #11
bigdog
Newly Abandoned
The All-Out Fanatic  

I just saw it. It was amazing and Goo has never been portrayed better, the imagination part of the show was at an all time high and I was laughing all through the episode!

Spoiler Below
Hilary Brittanny Lollipop Star! Whooo! haha.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:35 PM   #12
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Aww! Goo is SO cute With her little braids all down like that.

Bloo: *is attacking Mac*
Mac: Bloo! What are you doing? We're on the same side! I'M A GOOD GUY!
Bloo: What-? Then who are we supposed to fight? Who's the bad guy??
*all stare at Wilt, whose still seated on the office chair*
Wilt: ...Oh all right.

This part makes me giggle. The look one Wilt's face says "Oh, you've got to be kidding,"

It's nice to see a glimpse of where Goo lives...hee hee!

Wilt: Whoa, guys, calm down! Let's just go back to attacking me, okay?

I loved that line too. XDD

Last edited by antgirl1; 11-18-2006 at 08:14 AM.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:36 PM   #13
k0ugs
Settling In

Send a message via AIM to k0ugs

not one of my favs, although i will still put it on youtube after i get the second airing with the full screen credits
Old 11-17-2006, 03:40 PM   #14
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

WOW. I can't even say enough how much I LOVED this episode!! Go Wilt!! He took the lead and handled everything smoothly, and might I add he was hilarious as the villian! I absolutely loved his scenes to death, but I'll let PBL do the main talking about him! ^_^

Mac's "glamour shot" was so awesome, I thought he looked quite handsome! LOL For a nine year old, anyway. ^^ That was great, those glamour shots, I really enjoyed seeing all of them (Bloo cracks me up the most, he tries to be so dashing and perfect), and Wilt looked like a transformer! lol

Goo was excellent, they brought some more depth into the character with this and I felt kinda bad for her when she was all sad because she was feeling left out. But awww, leave it to sweet Wilt to immediately notice and try to fit her in. (He is awfully golden-hearted, isn't he? He's thirty-something years old and still will play like a child if it makes others happy. Gotta love him!)

The only scene to bother me slightly (though I let it pass because Bloo cooperated at the end, FINALLY admitting to being a "sidekick") was Bloo ditching Mac in a "dangerous" moment. Even Mac was shocked by that one.

Can anyone explain to me their theories on this? Why does Bloo seem to have issues with Mac, especially on an authority level, where he thinks Mac is always trying to be "higher" than him (which he's not!!). I don't get it, because everyone knows Mac cares about Bloo ( or why would he be seeing him every day?) and yet Bloo feels he has to constantly prove himself around Mac all the time.
And yet, confusingly enough, when it comes down to it, he'll sometimes finally cooperate and everything ends well.

Hmmm......

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:44 PM   #15
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
Aww! Goo is SO cute With her little braids all down like that.

Bloo: *is attacking Mac*
Mac: Bloo! What are you doing? We're on the same side!
Bloo: Then who's the bad guy??
*all stare at Wilt, whose still seated on the office chair*
Wilt: ...Oh all right.

This part makes me giggle. The look one Wilt's face says "Oh, you've got to be kidding,"

I absolutely cracked up several times during that episode, ESPECIALLY with the usually-all-grown-up-and-serious Wilt having to play the bad guy, and getting a bit TOO much into character, much to the others' dismay! I really never would have figured Wilt to be much of an internet gaming junkie, either, but it goes to show that some of us uh, ahem...more mature folks can still hang on the 'net! "Lord Snotzak", ROTFLMAO! This episode was a wonderful tribute to the powers of imagination and the fine art of PRETENDING, something which many kids in this day and age simply cannot do. Bloo expressed the opinions of so many kids nowadays, "If it don't run on electricity it ain't worth doin'!"

This one rocked, Craig and Lauren!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:47 PM   #16
LosDosEduardos
Banned
Full Metal Minotaur.  

For anyone who hasn't seen the episode yet, let me make this statement just in case:

Spoiler Below
I'll give full credit to my favorite imaginary friend for saving Mac and Bloo.

An A for a job well done.
LosDosEduardos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:54 PM   #17
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

I gave it a B. I would have given it an A, but there's a certain reason I didn't that I'll address later. Anyway, on to the positives of this episode:

GOO: I think that, for once since "Go, Goo, Go!", Goo has been used well in this episode. Not only that, but they've fixed the "Ed-bashing" problem Goo seemed to have had in a few episodes (thankfully; her apparent irritation with him made no sense to me) and brought her back more towards the character I'd imagined she'd be. This episode also confirmed something else that I've been thinking of, at least in my mind it has: Goo definantily has some form of abandonment issue. While eight year old girls (or boys) in general will try to be the centers of attention, Goo goes much farther than necessary to try to be noticed. While I may be overanalyzing it, I still say it stems from a possible abandonment issue, which I stated thoroughly in the Goo character thread discussion and see no need to state here.

I also found it interesting that there were absolutely no shots of her parents at her house, but that's an overanalyzation for another time.

ED:
Spoiler Below
And the King's Assistant Baker saves the day! Go, Ed, Go!
Thankfully, Ed played quite a large role in this episode, which was......refreshing, to say the least. I know it's naive to expect them to work all the characters in to an episode in even medium roles, but I think that Ed's been kinda getting the short end of the stick lately compared to the other two members of the elder Foster's trio (Wilt and Coco, of course). Honestly, I don't know what my deal is with Ed, but he never fails to entertain me.

BLOO AND MAC ARE BEING THE BEST BUDS: Thank you, Lord, for allowing us an episode this season other than "Squeeze the Day" where Mac and Bloo cooperate as best buds (at least for the most part; the chase scene kind of made me cringe and think they'd be fighting the entire rest of the episode after that). Seriously, I can't begin to describe how overjoyed I was to see them working and acting like friends.

BLOO'S ALIASES: You have to see them, as mere words cannot describe the joy they bring. His first gives off some of the single best lines in the episode. Honestly, I think that the joy Bloo's aliases in this episode bring goes to prove that Bloo is constructed of pure happiness and sunshine, lightly dipped in arsenic.

WILT: Wilt basically shines in any episode he's in, so of course this was no exception. It was nice, however,
Spoiler Below
to see that he may be able to release some of his pent-up aggression (and if anyone deserves to have pent-up aggression with all they've been through, it's probably Wilt) through the miracle of make-believe; and the fact that he now has an army of nigh-invincible cronies. Man, they should just make a spin-off of THAT: a supergroup led by Wilt that fights crime. And this spoiler is going MUUUCH longer than it needs to be.

COCO: Kinda with Wilt: she has a tendency to shine. What more can I say.

HEART FACTOR: I felt that there were quite a few parts of this episode that were really heartfelt. Not so much as a few others, like "Go, Goo, Go" or the pilot "House of Bloo's"
Spoiler Below
(btw, the first time I saw "House of Bloo's", I was almost about to cry when Mac was locked in the closet; just thought I'd share)
, but I think that some heartfelt moments were definantily there.

And now, for the bad part, and the only reason I didn't give it an A.....

Where were the video game references promised in the description of it? I saw maybe one,
Spoiler Below
that the sequence where Goo is riding on Coco could easily be a reference to Yoshi
, and that's about it. Honestly, I don't know what's happening as to why CN has been giving somewhat misleading/faulty descriptions for this episode and the last. Maybe it's not a big problem and I'm just an idiot who was paying enough attention to catch some of the video game references, but I'm a bit irked that, yet again, the description seemed slightly misleading. Who knows, with this kind of streak, "GWH" may not be about Wilt trying to find his creature, but fighting a giant squid monster.

But, overall, a genuinely delightful episode.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:54 PM   #18
lucyrocks73
Razzamatazztic Tap Dancer

There are ways to make punks like you sing.  

Send a message via AIM to lucyrocks73

I just watched it... I kept having to pause the Replay (the Tivo-esque thing) because my brother saw a mouse. That went into a ten minute search for the mouse. My dog is still looking for it...

As for the episode...I'm mixed.

Which is odd, since I'm such a huge Goo fan.

Well, I loved Goo in this. I really did. It showed some depth to her character, without adding all that extra angst we were debating about on the Goo forum.

The blatant Speed Racer and Dave the Barbarian parodying got me laughing- particuarly the Speed Racer because my brother is such a fan.

However, the plot seemed... odd.

Random. Yet odd.

And as everyone knows, this is the part of my review where I compare myself to Goo.

Ways Goo is like I was at her age:
  1. She thinks about things nonstop, and never lets things go.
  2. She couldn't stand anyone beating her at anything, particuarly a "mouth-off".
  3. She sings (er.. well, she sings off-key. Not sure if I do.)
  4. She dreams about things going on in her life (i.e. beating Mac at the "mouth-off")

However, when people don't pay attention to me, I just say a random word over and over again until someone gets annoyed and notices. Yesterday the word was 'potato', and I said it for three whole minutes before someone noticed.

CN needs help writing summaries. Does whoever writes them WATCH the episode first? Almost no video games involved.

Which I guess shows how creative the characters are. I mean, they designed that entire story/plot line themselves. I think Goo should become a writer, or an artist or something... She has an eye for detail.

Evil Wilt made me laugh hysterically. I LOVED the voice. It cracked me up...

I gave it a B. Just because it takes a whole lot to get an A from me. Only two episodes have ever gotten an A from me... Squeeze the Day and... well, I forget what the othe one was.

-Marty

Last edited by lucyrocks73; 11-17-2006 at 04:03 PM. Reason: I had more to say. I never shut up! You people know that ;-D
lucyrocks73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:58 PM   #19
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathander View Post
Honestly, I think that the joy Bloo's aliases in this episode bring goes to prove that Bloo is constructed of pure happiness and sunshine, lightly dipped in arsenic.
LMAO!! That is about the BEST description of Bloo's personality EVER.

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:58 PM   #20
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBlooGirl View Post
WOW. I can't even say enough how much I LOVED this episode!! Go Wilt!! He took the lead and handled everything smoothly, and might I add he was hilarious as the villian! I absolutely loved his scenes to death, but I'll let PBL do the main talking about him! ^_^

Mac's "glamour shot" was so awesome, I thought he looked quite handsome! LOL For a nine year old, anyway. ^^ That was great, those glamour shots, I really enjoyed seeing all of them (Bloo cracks me up the most, he tries to be so dashing and perfect), and Wilt looked like a transformer! lol

Goo was excellent, they brought some more depth into the character with this and I felt kinda bad for her when she was all sad because she was feeling left out. But awww, leave it to sweet Wilt to immediately notice and try to fit her in. (He is awfully golden-hearted, isn't he? He's thirty-something years old and still will play like a child if it makes others happy. Gotta love him!)

The only scene to bother me slightly (though I let it pass because Bloo cooperated at the end, FINALLY admitting to being a "sidekick") was Bloo ditching Mac in a "dangerous" moment. Even Mac was shocked by that one.

Can anyone explain to me their theories on this? Why does Bloo seem to have issues with Mac, especially on an authority level, where he thinks Mac is always trying to be "higher" than him (which he's not!!). I don't get it, because everyone knows Mac cares about Bloo ( or why would he be seeing him every day?) and yet Bloo feels he has to constantly prove himself around Mac all the time.
And yet, confusingly enough, when it comes down to it, he'll sometimes finally cooperate and everything ends well.

Hmmm......
Seriously, "Lord Snotzak" was the most over-the-top villain alter-ego since Buddy Pine/Syndrome! And y'all can barely imagine how much I loooooove hearing Wilt speak in that deep commanding voice of his! It's just way too bad that Frankie wasn't in this one, since I can envision the look on Wilt's face if SHE had walked in with a load of laundry or something else for his "To Do List", and caught him with that collander on his head and an empty wrapping paper tube stuck on his stump of an arm! American Express could not have come up with anything more priceless! It is great to see someone like him, though, who can be all serious and responsible and adult when he needs to be, and yet still has enough "inner child" that he is able to put aside his adulthood and just be silly for the sake of having fun. I know it sounds stupid, but I can't help but think of what a great father he would actually be.

I don't know what was up with Bloo, though. It's odd for him to be afraid of anything, honestly; ESPECIALLY when it comes to defending Mac. I mean, in the pilot episode, he ATTACKED Eduardo like Pit Bull catching a wild hog when he mistakenly thought that Ed was going to hurt Mac! I guess Bloo's need to outshine everyone else, even his own creator, is really coming to the forefront of his personality. He's reminding me more and more of Mike Wazowski, and that's not a good thing. Still, you can't help but laugh at his "Bloominator" routine, though!

pitbulllady

Last edited by Cassini90125; 10-22-2008 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Puncuation error removed.
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote