Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 12-10-2007, 05:02 PM   #11
Subzeroace
Has a PhD in Horribleness

Burning things is fun and useful!  

Send a message via AIM to Subzeroace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
I would love to meet Scott McNiel. The man is one of my all time favorite voice actors out there.
Me too! I love that man, Beasties was one of my fav shows growing up ^^ (And I can do a pretty sweet Waspinator myself XD)

As for celebs and me... Uh... I saw one of the -OLD- YTV PJ's at a park once, Jazzy Jen. And I've seen news anchors for Ontario news stations in the mall before.. Both Global and CTV (not at the same time, a fight might have broken out XD)

OH! And the guy who was Wink Yahoo on Uh-Oh! (I can't remember his name x.x but he's on alot of AD's on TV still) He came to my school once because they were doing a promotion for a TVO education thing called "C-Squared" at my school ^^ I got to be in the promo, hurrah!

Edit: I figured someone might ask... So heres me as Waspinator MP3! I realize now I do sound more like a chipmunk! Everyone lied to me XD

Last edited by Subzeroace; 12-10-2007 at 05:16 PM.
Subzeroace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:22 PM   #12
Ditchy McAbandonpants
At Home

Sorry, you must have me confused with some other Harrier jet.  

I'm rather chuffed with my own celebrity story: I was hiking together with friends along the Tiger Leaping Gorge in southwest China earlier this year, when one of my buddies, an Irish girl, was engaged in conversation by someone walking the other way. Clearly, he'd heard her speaking to one of the locals in her rather good Mandarin, and this had caught his attention, so they exchanged a few pleasantries and moved on. It was only when one of my other friends, an avid fan of magic tricks, caught a glimpse that we realised that our friend had just been collared (and possibly hit on) by famous street magician David Blaine. In the middle of a gorge in China.

Still tickled by this turn of events, we walked the rest of the day and ended up at a small lodge, a gathering point for hikers, to stay the night. We ordered some food, sat down at one of the outdoor tables, and just got out a pack of cards to play something when we noticed that sat a few feet across from us was Mr. Blaine again...with Fight Club star Edward Norton. Needless to say, this further development was generally judged to be "surprising". Regrettably, we weren't able to capitalise on our window of opportunity to mingle with the Hollywood elite, as we were informed that the table was reserved for other members of their party, and we were moved to the other side of the courtyard, where we proceeded to giggle, surreptitiously point and make just-less-than-audible slurs about the low quality of Mr. Norton's performance in the film Red Dragon. All in the middle of a scenic gorge. In China.

So yeah, that was a good day.
Ditchy McAbandonpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:35 PM   #13
cartman414
At Home

Has too much time on his hands. Er, hooves.  

I personally knew Josh Schwartz, creator of the OC and Chuck, when I went to USC. We lived on the same dorm floor our freshman year.

Last edited by cartman414; 12-10-2007 at 05:35 PM.
cartman414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:43 PM   #14
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzeroace View Post
Me too! I love that man, Beasties was one of my fav shows growing up ^^ (And I can do a pretty sweet Waspinator myself XD)
McNeil actually did ALL of his voices (except Silverbolt) at the con. He had a panel discussion with some other voice actors, and he listed all the shows he did and how hard it was to do DBZ because it requires constant screaming and what not. He did Waspinator, Rattrap, and Dinbot AND he signed my con packet.

The little brochure thing they give you when you first sign up for your con badge, it was SO freaking cool! He was by far the coolest and most interesting celebrity I have ever met.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:02 AM   #15
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

i have a signed copy of Richard Nixon's "The Real War"

does that count?
Old 12-11-2007, 01:43 PM   #16
Ccook50
Foster's Legend

Don't forget to turn left at Greenland  

In the 80s, I met several of the chaps who have portrayed the Doctor on BBC's Doctor Who at some Sci-fi conventions locally, as well as some Star Trek notables. (At one convention during a cabaret skit, I took a pie in the face, and George Takei would approach me a month later at a convention in Chattanooga and he recalled that bit. He loved it.) Marina Sirtis was signing autographs so at a distance I was going to take a picture. She looked up and smiled for me. She's a sweetie.

In 1978, I saw Henry Winkler, who was in town to promote his movie The One And Only), and this past summer in San Diego, Danny Bonaduce passed by. In 2002, I was at the DC Comics booth at Comic-Con with Phil Moy (we were signing copies of the Powerpuff Girls Movie comic book adaptation we worked on--Phil did layouts and I did clean-ups) when Tom Kenny came to us and told us he loved our work on the comic.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:43 PM   #17
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

When I was on holidays in Hollywood, there was a couple of times where I thought I saw some famous people, but I wasn't sure.
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:22 AM   #18
jjabinez
Newly Abandoned

yeah... if u like Corbin Bleu , there is a compilation series you should check out called "Euro Club Hits" --

it's pretty clear that dance music is coming back around the world -- just check the recent big American hip-hop and R&B hits which are clear rip-offs of the european dance style.....

here's the direct iTunes link to the "Euro Club Hits" series.....

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...Club+Hits+Vol+
jjabinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:58 AM   #19
Frankie_4_Prez
At Home

Frankie encourages you to READ!  

Whether you consider her to be enough of a "celebrity" or not is up for debate, but I saw Giada de Laurentiis (Food network cook and show hostess) signing books at a mall. She was about 5 yards away from where I was standing (I didn't feel like buying a $30 pasta recipe book, the only one she would sign that day, just so that I could get a closer look at her).
Old 04-13-2008, 10:45 AM   #20
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Like you said, all really depends on what your opinion of a "celebrity" is. Like either a relativly famous person, or someone who starred in an outrageously "popular" film.

Last edited by fosters home fan; 04-13-2008 at 10:45 AM.
fosters home fan is offline   Reply With Quote