Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:57 PM   #11
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Maybe not so funny is about and hour ago when my friend (I'll call her "Mallory") told me she finally saw Foster's for the first time not too long ago. "Oh, I finally saw that retarded cartoon you talk about," she said. Say what?!?! A few questions later I discovered that the episode was "Land Of The Flea" but she didn't watch the whole thing, just bits and pieces. I asked her to watch a few complete episodes when she has the time and then give me her opinion. Mallory is not a cartoon fan (her kids are, though), so assuming she does get around to watching a couple of Foster's episodes, her thoughts on our beloved show and it's cast could prove to be interesting.

"Retarded"?

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 08-31-2009 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Typo removed.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 04:11 PM   #12
basilsunshine
Settling In
I get by with a little help from my friends.  

Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma. I'm native american. & no, it's not a farm.

Maybe it should be changed to "Things people say about foster's" instead?
But yeah, that makes me mad when people don't give stuff a chance.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:59 AM   #13
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I ran into Mallory earlier; she said she usually has to work when the show is on. No problem, I'm dropping off my Foster's disks at her workplace tonight. I should thank her for doing this; it's rare that I can find a non-fan who's willing to take a little time to watch the show and give me opinions about it. I really don't know what she'll have to say about it, but I am sure I'm going to get an earful in a week or so.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:04 AM   #14
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilsunshine View Post
Haha, that's really cool. My stepdad(who's hispanic) really likes Eduardo. I guess he's a little biased, but it's still reall cool, .My mom likes Wilt, she thinks he's really cute, .
Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
D'aww.
Jeez, who can't? (But I too am biased. *points to username*)

Whenever I bring up Foster's at my house, my parents just roll their eyes () and groan.

I hit a little closer to home with my friends. I was talking about the show with my friends and lunch and my friend Daniel knew what I was talking about. he laughed and went, "I like the blue one!"

It's funny because Daniel is really smart-- he reads books on philosophy and can talk the smart side of politics (non-partisan, how to run a country sort of thing) like it's nobody's business-- but he can be a little mischiveous at times.

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:43 AM   #15
BabyCharmander
At Home
Mur?  

My dad yells at me whenever he hears me talking about Foster's (or any other cartoon or video-game, for that matter) because it's "not real." >>

It was really weird. Oo; When I tried watching an ep of Foster's with my brother's daughters, the older daughter (who was about 4 or 5 at the time) started screaming about how the show was going to give her nightmares, so I had to turn it off. (The ep was Eddie Monster, in case you're wondering, but we never even got up to the part with the Extreme-O-Saur cage.)

Recently my older sister and her three kids (who are 6) came over, and I decided to play one of my Foster's DVDs so I could watch an ep or two with the kids. But as soon as the DVD got to the main menu, they all started saying, "Oh, we can't watch this. It's a bad show." ...Now, my older sister is a tad overprotective, and won't let her kids watch a lot of different things for a lot of different reasons, but I could not for the life of me think of why the HECK she wouldn't let her kids watch Foster's, so I ran upstairs and asked her about it.

"Yeah, they can't watch Foster's because I don't like it."

...And, as far as I know, she's never seen a single episode of the show. x___X
BabyCharmander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:48 PM   #16
Nem
At Home
There's no "I" in team, but there's a "me" if you jumble it up a bit...  

Send a message via AIM to Nem Send a message via MSN to Nem

I have to post this, and I'm sorry if it offends anyone =/ It shouldn't, but it is insulting the show in a sense, but I'm not the one doing the insulting.

Anyways, I mod at a very popular forum, not sure why anymore, but I do it mainly because I have friends there, and I ended up being modded for some odd reason. Anyways, one of the rules is that you're not suppose to post in a topic that is 30 days or older, as that is considered topic revival.

The topic that got revived was a topic focused on Code Lyoko, I won't go into details about it, but it's a show I don't really like. So I kindly informed the person who revived it to please do not do so again, and closed the topic, while also mentioning in an obscure way that I dislike the show =P

Less then a day later, I get a PM in my inbox, and find it's from the person who got "yelled" at for reviving a topic, and was titled "If you think Code Lyoko sucks..."

And then proceeded to say this...

"Yes, the title pretty much explains it. Although i wasn't angry at the closing of thread, I was angry about the comment about Code lyoko being crappy. But if you think thats bad, try watching fosters home for imaginary friends, clearly a worse show with horrible plots and dumb characters such a Blu. Just think about that."

I started laughing, because he obviously thought he was going to strike me in a personal way or something, but he failed =P

Anyways, sorry if posting something like this is against the rules XD I just thought it was funny =P
Nem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:56 PM   #17
Shelltoon
A Caring Individual

So sweet...  

This one forum I visit (Which I don't know why I do, given it's not a great forum anymore) I brought up a list of the 2007 emmy nominees and said I had my money on Foster's. This one guy who has a seriously unhealthy obsession with My Life as a Teenage Robot basically got in a hissy fit about how much he hated Foster's, and you wouldn't believe the things he said! He was basically ranting with horrible taste, saying that if he could, he'd kill Craig McCracken, and everybody that was involved with Foster's. When I informed him of the people that were involved with My Life as a Teenage Robot were working on Foster's, he said "Well, I won't kill them, but everyone else can die and go to hell." All this, coming from a 15 year old who wants to grow up and be a contract killer...
Old 11-11-2007, 06:12 PM   #18
Subzeroace
Has a PhD in Horribleness

Burning things is fun and useful!  

Send a message via AIM to Subzeroace

My mom thinks Mac is a girl and my dad likes the plots from Fosters but can't stand the character design >> He really hates Coco though.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:03 PM   #19
BabyCharmander
At Home
Mur?  

Me: *all annoyed because her parents and sister are watching a Bob Dylan concert on TV* DX
Brother: Hey, he's singing a song about your favorite cartoon character.
Me: ...Wait, what?
Brother: "It's all over now baby Bloo!"
Me:
BabyCharmander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 05:12 PM   #20
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

I overheard a conversation between two of my eighth-grade female students when one noticed a doodle of Wilt on the other's notebook:

Girl One: "Ain't that who the Art teacher likes so much? Why do YOU like her?

Girl Two: "Like 'HER'? Who you callin' 'her'?"

Girl One: "I don't watch that show, so I just thought that was a girl, that's all."

Girl Two: "Well, if you ever heard HIM talk, you'd know that was a MAN!"

Most of my students, in fact, refer to Wilt as a man, usually "that red man" or "that man that plays basketball", while referring to the other characters as "that blue dude" or "that big purple dude" or "that little boy", etc.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote