Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 03-25-2009, 06:24 PM   #11
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

It'll definitely be an improvement.

Today was spent doing a little more packing and hiring the movers. Three guys will be arriving Monday to drag Couchzilla and the rest of the big, heavy stuff out of here and into the new place. The price was steep but I'll grin and bear it. Other than that I didn't accomplish much today but I've got a few days left here; should be plenty of time to finish packing and taking care of the rest of the adventure.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:57 PM   #12
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Couchzilla
I lol'd. how big is "Couchzilla"?
Old 03-25-2009, 07:08 PM   #13
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Big enough that the moving men are going to be resentful. I don't remember how we managed to get it in here. When it gets to the new place we may need to consider getting it inside via the front window. Very comfy, I'll say that for it; I've sacked out on it for the entire night on several occasions.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:28 PM   #14
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Congratulations!! I know you've had some SERIOUSLY annoying problems with your current establishment so I am super happy to hear you're getting to leave it finally. Hope the move goes smoothly!
Old 03-26-2009, 07:36 PM   #15
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

So far, so good, although my legs are starting to hurt.

Most of the kitchen and bathroom stuff made the transition today. The things I use everyday stayed here but the rest of the stuff got boxed, loaded into a friend's station wagon, and away it went. Also making the trip today was the hassock, my old computer, and a gallon jar full of coins which will eventually be converted to paper money and get spent at the 2009 Con.

A lot of stuff went into the dumpster today, too. Moving is an excellent excuse to throw away things you never use, and I'm finding a lot of that. I hate throwing anything away - I'm a packrat by nature - but if it lightens the load and makes unpacking and setting up my new place a little quicker and easier, so be it. Some things I will never part with no matter how old and unused it may be but everything else, well, I'm being as ruthless as I can stand.

More packing, tossing, and cleaning coming up over the weekend, although I doubt anything will actually get moved due to a lack of transport. Anything that hasn't been moved by Monday will be the moving men's problem. Good luck with that couch, guys.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:50 PM   #16
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Yeah we actually had to rent a dumpster when I moved out of my parents' house for good and all, lol. But in the end I left nothing behind so I didn't have to rely on them to give me any of my stuff later on.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:49 AM   #17
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

The dumpster here is located at the far end of the building. It's not a short walk.

I hate throwing out food. Most of what's going is either overloaded with sodium or fat, and a lot of it expired before Foster's premiered, but I still hate to throw it out. Somebody might want to eat it, although with a few of the items it'd be like playing Russian roulette with your health. Who knew a can could swell like that without exploding? I haven't looked in the back of the refridgerator yet but I'm sure there's an old science experiment or two lurking there.

Clothing gets sorted later today. If it doesn't fit, is missing buttons or is the wrong color, out it goes. Kind of short on time now so I don't plan on organizing the contents of the boxes anymore; just throw stuff in, seal it shut, and onto the next batch. Looks like unpacking is going to be an adventure, too.

Old 03-29-2009, 06:24 AM   #18
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

Hopefully none of those "science experiments" are alive.

Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 06:24 PM   #19
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

This sounds all too familiar. Yeah, the last bits and pieces that you don't know what to do with, but don't want to throw out get thrown in boxes with other random stuff in the end. And then once you move and start unpacking, you remember one of those random little things and decide it'll be really useful right now. So you scour through all those boxes until you find it. Good luck with that.

So the worst is over with? That's great to know. The unpacking part was always fun for me, hope it's an upside to this for you, too.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:21 PM   #20
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

I'm still not done, actually. I'll probably be working on it most of the night, although I think I can see the finish line. When I go to bed for the first time at the new place I expect I will sleep very soundly, and very long.

I had planned on taking a break from all this a few hours ago to go out and wander the neighborhood one last time but a sudden thunderstorm nixed that idea. I may do it later, now that the rain has stopped. There are a number of local businesses that I'm going to miss, both for their products and their personnel. There are some pretty decent people working around here that I've gotten to know pretty well over the last few years; I'm hoping that the situation in my new area won't be too different. I guess I'll find out soon enough; the moving men will be here in about ten hours.