Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 01-07-2007, 06:34 PM   #11
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

As much as I appreciate the Frankie love guys (and I seriously do) I would just like to suggest for future posts that this doesn't get turned into a Frankie thread. I know she's a cartoon girl and I myself have admitted to dying to want to date such a sweet, and caring girl.

But I don't want this to become just about her, she's already got a thread and I don't want another clone. Just a thought you guys .
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 06:39 PM   #12
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
But I don't want this to become just about her, she's already got a thread and I don't want another clone. Just a thought you guys .
I understand completly. I just needed to use her to get my point accross.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:41 PM   #13
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Well-put, Kageri. It's much easier to feel for a character than an actual celebrity, because as you said, we see their good, their bad, their actions and choices, and all the stuff in between.

I personally don't see anything wrong with having feelings for a cartoon/anime/other character, or in that sense, "looking up" to a character and thinking "What would _______ do?"

Another reason I see no problem in being physically attracted to a character is because they are drawn (for the most part) to look perfect. Think about all the anime girls/guys you see... 99% of them are beautiful, girls having large chests, flat tummies, long legs, hourglass figures, etc., and guys having muscular builds, handsome faces, etc., and almost all of them have beautiful, form-fitting clothing that perfectly shows them off. Even if a character isn't anime, they're still drawn to look almost flawless, and if they aren't, it's usually for story progression. I mean, look at Frankie, she's not anime, but she's still drawn to be really pretty.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:56 PM   #14
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
I don't want this to become just about her, she's already got a thread and I don't want another clone. Just a thought you guys .
I, too, would rather this be a general topic instead of focusing on any particular characters, m'kay?

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 07:14 PM   #15
Subzeroace
Has a PhD in Horribleness

Burning things is fun and useful!  

Send a message via AIM to Subzeroace

I don't think that theres anything wrong with it ether. I myself have had a few cartoon/anime/game crushes on guys and gals (I'm bi.) Sure my mom thinks I'm crazy, but she doesn't even like cartoons to begin with so there really isn't any way to explain to her
Old 01-07-2007, 07:15 PM   #16
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

lets see.. i wont name them all, maybe not even any, because over the years i can name a bajillion. mostly though from animes and other shows from CN and those kind of shows. ill name some when they come to mind
Old 01-07-2007, 08:07 PM   #17
PinkCow
Newly Abandoned
Sneaking around and mooing...  

Send a message via AIM to PinkCow

I almost always find a character in my fandoms that I feel "attracted" to, although many times I'm much more attracted to their personalities and inner selves than anything about their appearance. For example, Eduardo! I would never consider myself physically attracted to him, but I just absolutely love his personality. Same with Wilt!

Last edited by PinkCow; 01-07-2007 at 08:21 PM.
PinkCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:54 AM   #18
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

To the chagrin of my fiancee, I am attracted to many toon females, that go back to being five years of age. I find nothing wrong with it, as long as I know what is real and what is fantasy. I have my own cartoon creations, and I write stories on these creations; in essence I have created some female characters that are based off of real women I was attracted to over the years. You would be suprised to find out how many people are "closet toon lovers."
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:04 PM   #19
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

I'm trying to think of something to say that hasn't been said...yet I can't But yeah. I actually, believe it or not, have a lot of friends that are attracted to animated characters. There really is nothing wrong with it. I, myself, find myself attracted to Victor Van Dort (surprise, surprise). My best friend and I always talk about what an awesome boyfriend he would make. He's so shy and timid, yet so compassionate and not shallow in the least. I mean, when you look at real people, and for me, real guys, most of them are jerks. Especially at my age. They're all shallow jerks. Of course there are a select few that don't fall into that category (and I can actually think of some specific examples), but really...there's not much to a teenaged guy than looks, most of the time (don't stomp on me for that statement; I said most of the time )
Old 01-08-2007, 12:12 PM   #20
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

My earliest toon crushes came from (not surprisingly) anime, since anime purposely design their women to be smoking hotties from the start. Misty from Pokemon was a big thing for me, and the first "crush" I actually got really deep into.

As in, I would SO date her if she was real, deep. I found alot of similarities to her in personality and I always felt it was cute she was trying to be romantic and never got anywhere with it. I also had a thing for Gadget from Rescue Rangers, who surprisingly, has a GOD sized following behind her, mostly males too.

Most of the crushes I have had though have been with toon girls that are not like me personality wise. Kei from Dirty Pair Flash for example was a very large crush of mine, but she was very different personally and yet I was still drawn to her. Part of it WAS for physical beauty, I'm not gonna lie about that with Kei.

But most of it was compassion and sympathy because she got ripped on alot because she wasn't a "girlie girl", and I can relate to being stereotyped or ridiculed for acting/thinking differently. Frankie's my new current toon love of my life, and honestly a girl I think is more real then real can be defined.

And that's all I'm gonna say bout Frankie in here.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote