Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Foster's Discussion

Notices

Foster's Discussion Discuss general Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends topics here, that don't fit in any other specific category.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:33 AM   #11
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

The first episode I ever saw was a re-run of Adoptcalpse Now in early 2006. I hadn't been paying much attention to Cartoon Network (or much TV at all, really) for a couple of years at that point, so I'd totally missed out on the show when it first premiered, and had been going about my daily life for a while with no idea that it even existed. It was actually thanks to my fondness for the Coen Bros that the show was brought to my attention - I remember reading on the net that Walter, Donnie and the Dude from the Big Lebowski made a cameo appearence in an episode of this cartoon called Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and I was intrigued. I didn't bother to do any homework in advance as to what the show was about or who any of the characters were, but there was something about the title that really appealled to me, and I made a mental note to check it out on that basis alone. Adoptcalpse Now happened to be the episode playing when I finally opted to satisfy my curiousity, and to be frank, it didn't give me much more than a headache at the time. That's what you get for not doing your homework, kids. I spent pretty much the entire duration trying to work out whether these so-called "imaginary friends" were real or not, whether only certain folks could see them, etc, etc (please don't hold that against me - as should be plain to see, I eventually learnt the error of my ways). I wasn't too certain what to make of it at the time; nonetheless, the show must have made some sort of good impression on me, because I stuck with it, and it was by Seeing Red/Phone Home that I realised I'd become a fan, leading on to the glorious days all through the summer when I would get up really early in the mornings with the sole intention of continuing my Foster's education, watching the 7:00 am episodes with the sound turned down so as not to wake up my housemates. I kind of miss those days now.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:44 AM   #12
BluebottleFlyer
Foster's Legend

Bug/monster/snowman/surfer creator at work  

Location: Connecticut, USA (originally from County Durham, UK)
Send a message via Skype™ to BluebottleFlyer

My first episode? That would be "The Trouble With Scribbles".
Old 11-06-2007, 12:17 PM   #13
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

I caught on to this show fairly recently. In fact, I don't even think I've been a Fostard (yeah, I've been using that terminology. It's a term of endearment.) for a year yet! I found out about it way back when it premiered, but my family moved house before the premiere, and I never got to see it because the new house didn't get Cartoon Network. Flash forward to April, I'm home at my parent's place for the holidays, and my brother and I are waiting for a new episode of The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. There's nothing else on, so we see Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends. Partying Is Such Sweet Soirre. Now, I'd had this show reccomended to me by some older friends of mine, and so I watched it, to see what it was like. It intrigued me enough to keep watching it whenever I got a chance. I watched Everyone Knows It's Bendy/Where There's A Wilt, There's A Way, and was unimpressed. I'd give the show one last try. I watched Camp Keep A Good Mac Down and went back to university wanting more. A short while later, and here I am.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:00 PM   #14
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

First episode. I've been a fan since the very beginning!

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:27 PM   #15
Kootiebirdo
Settling In

I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti!  

First episode I ever saw was "Store Wars". Though, it wasn't 'til late 2005 that I really started to get into the show.
Kootiebirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:45 PM   #16
Mayor Adam West
At Home
Oh yes, I'm a man who loves his taffy  

Send a message via AIM to Mayor Adam West Send a message via MSN to Mayor Adam West Send a message via Yahoo to Mayor Adam West

I first saw the episode "Busted" on Cartoon Network.

Decided to watch the show to see what it was about and after seeing it, I thought it was an awesome program indeed, one of the better ones out there, that's for sure
Mayor Adam West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:27 PM   #17
TB
At Home
Because I said sooo...  

Send a message via AIM to TB

House of Bloos babeh~ :V

I caught it when it first premiered(though had to sort of sneak watch it. Brothers are so malicious about me and my toons. ) and absolutely fell in love with it.
TB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:36 PM   #18
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
Picture it, Ottawa ,Ontario ,Canada in the Spring of 2005.

A young Canadian lad much like any other lad his age was channel surfing looking for something interesting to watch, he stopped on channel 48 for channel 48 twas the Ottawa cable system home of our national animation station Teletoon.

And when the young lads dial stopped on Teletoon, he came across an episode of a show that led him to making said show a permanent part of his TV viewing schedule.

That episode was the ever popular first season romp: Store Wars.

This 22 and half minuet tail of streamers, massage chairs, dancing cacti and rip off artists, was the first giant step into converting me into a die hard fan and since that day it has been one hell of a toboggan ride.
That is almost exactly like my first viewing of the show, Taranchula, only Telletoon is on channel 23 in my area.
I was flipping through channels and happened upon the episode "Store Wars". I made an effort to avoid the show because Telletoon's advertisements for the show made it look like it was a show for their pre-school line up. I was hooked immediately.
I was very fortunate that it was that particular episode that I chanced upon. I was absolutely captivated by Frankie's character and her efforts to keep everything under control amidst the sheer chaos that the others where causing. I was overwhelmed by the excellent writing, vocal performances, animation, and the intelligence that the show emitted. I knew then and there that I struck gold.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:12 PM   #19
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
Telletoon's advertisements for the show made it look like it was a show for their pre-school line up.
Dude I totally know where you are coming from, those early advertisements Teletoon ran for Foster's were just so awful and misleading to the point where I too almost gave this show a miss.

You know if they wanted to promote the show effectively, it would have helped if the advertising people had watched more then just five minuets of the pilot.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 06:43 PM   #20
Subzeroace
Has a PhD in Horribleness

Burning things is fun and useful!  

Send a message via AIM to Subzeroace

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
You know if they wanted to promote the show effectively, it would have helped if the advertising people had watched more then just five minuets of the pilot.
Oh... Like that will ever happen x.x
Or you know what would also be nice? Teletoon giving shows like Fosters some respect! I hate their seemingly random time slot changes they do sometimes... I can see changing the time at the START of a new season, but they do it alot... As I've said, their 3:00 PM showing the start of this season was excellent >>

Telletoon's on channel 45 for me, next to the Comedy Network, very convenient XD