Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 08-11-2007, 07:16 PM   #11
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partymember View Post
IIRC some crack dealer in Troy or Albany had a Gavail as a guard dog in his appartment. I think the little guy went to a zoo when they busted him.

They're so cute when they're young. I would like a Gavail that styays small (maybe 2-3 feet long). I think there is a breed like that but i don't think they are legal to get from Brazil. Endangered, i believe.
Yeah, those things are extremely endangered, and very delicate crocodilians. They are difficult to care for even in the top-notch zoos and reptile parks. It's hard to understand how one could have been kept alive in an APARTMENT, and if I was gonna get a crocodilian as a "guard dog", I sure believe that I could have found a species that was a whole lot mean, tougher and cheaper! I've never even seen one offered on any reptile sale sites; they're normally only available as zoo-to-zoo direct trades.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:22 PM   #12
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

yeah i was a bit confused as well. I think an Akita would be a much more effective animal, personally.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:50 AM   #13
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partymember View Post
yeah i was a bit confused as well. I think an Akita would be a much more effective animal, personally.

NO kidding! I used to breed Akitas, actually. I stopped when I began breeding Pit Bulls because the Akitas would get out and get ahold of the Pit Bulls and just pick them up and shake them to death, like a terrier shaking a rat. A stray Akita(not one of mine) in the neighborhood where I lived at the time killed my neighbor's horse. They are big, beautiful dogs, but the Japanese have never messed around when it comes to creating weapons, whether they are of metal or flesh and bone.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 09:01 AM   #14
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

yeah. I know a 3-legged 13 year old Akita that i would NOT mess with. Nasty animals.