Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 10-24-2007, 06:52 AM   #11
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

I Only Have Suprise For You is THAT hated? It's in ym top 5!

Oh well... I liked it because I looove character bashing. It's so fun to see Mac go out of his ways to prove Bloo's planning a party for him, then ending up making HIS OWN suprise party and humiliating himself. Sure, it's mean, but that's the whole humor of it. Mean = endless fun.

I also liked the parts with the new friend coming and getting the tour, getting freaked out more and more through misunderstandsings, and the ending credits when he cries "What's WRONG with you people!?" and just flees for his life XD Also, Mac hugging Mr Herriman was aww-worthy <3 "We're... still doing this I see."

But I SORT of disliked the fact that it was just Madame Foster's dressing up, though D; I would've liked it so much more if it was an actual friend who wa sjust putting on a show for Mac
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:38 PM   #12
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
One episode that I enjoyed but wished they would have changed would be "Good Wilt Hunting". It was an amazing movie and it gave nearly all the characters loads of screen time and it really was well made.....I just felt the lawnmower thing was completely stupid.

Wilt doing it didn't bother me, the people praising him like a god now THAT was bad, I really could have done without that. I also feel they could have changed the "crimes" the convicts committed that got them locked up. "Stole money for soda pop?" come on, that's the most pathetic, babyish thing I've ever heard, seriously.

The episode I not only hate, but LOATHE to Hell and back is "I only have surprise for you". I almost wasn't going to put this down because I feel that episode is so freaking inhuman and careless to Mac's feelings, it almost has ZERO good qualities. Only one I did enjoy was seeing Mac go crazy and commando.

I always found Mac's wild side to be a fun plot device and I had a blast watching him go ballistic on everyone, plus Eduardo's clueless nature was kind of funny but otherwise, this episode is a steaming pile of character bashing that I don't think I will EVER want to watch again.
The silly crimes for which those "good ole' boys" got locked up for were probably an intentionally jab at some of the actual, on-the-books-and-still-enforced laws that afflict many small Southern towns. South Carolina alone has many places that still lock up folks for jay-walking or spitting on the sidewalk, and Georgia is right up there, too. Those guys in the hick-town jail in Good Wilt Hunting looked like refugees from "My Name Is Earl", and talked like 'em, too!

I disliked "I Only Have Surprise For You", as well, though I DID like the part where the clown friend gets freaked out by the "sickos" in the house and leaves...probably a case of "turn-about's fair play", knowing how many people have been freaked out by clowns when they were kids!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 06:08 PM   #13
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
The silly crimes for which those "good ole' boys" got locked up for were probably an intentionally jab at some of the actual, on-the-books-and-still-enforced laws that afflict many small Southern towns. South Carolina alone has many places that still lock up folks for jay-walking or spitting on the sidewalk, and Georgia is right up there, too. Those guys in the hick-town jail in Good Wilt Hunting looked like refugees from "My Name Is Earl", and talked like 'em, too!
At least guys like "Earl" and other convicts from them actually did REAL crimes. The soda pop line sounded completely moronic and ignorant, they could have easily just said "I robbed a bank" or "I stole someone's wallet" or something like that.

These were grown men in an actual factual prison and it makes the show look like their treating everyone like babies that they have to say an adult stole money for a freaking soda. It's worse because the whole point of that scene was building up on the whole "whose got the dirtier crime" in the cell.

Leading up to Wilt with the whole crushing dreams bit, the fact someone associated stealing money for soda as the dirtier deed feels stupid on every conceivable level.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 06:37 PM   #14
Zeitgheist
At Home

Quote:
At least guys like "Earl" and other convicts from them actually did REAL crimes. The soda pop line sounded completely moronic and ignorant, they could have easily just said "I robbed a bank" or "I stole someone's wallet" or something like that.
But it... it was a joke The fact that they were such tough looking guys, like they'd immidiately make you think they'd killed a guy to end up in the slammer, but then they say "I stole money for a soda pop"

Aren't those pretty obvious jokes? Sorry if they aren't, but it's chrystal clear to me. But, then it depends on the sense of humor people have... It's not the funniest joke ever, but I don't think it was stupid enough to be discreet
Old 10-24-2007, 09:32 PM   #15
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgheist View Post
But it... it was a joke The fact that they were such tough looking guys, like they'd immidiately make you think they'd killed a guy to end up in the slammer, but then they say "I stole money for a soda pop"

Aren't those pretty obvious jokes? Sorry if they aren't, but it's chrystal clear to me. But, then it depends on the sense of humor people have... It's not the funniest joke ever, but I don't think it was stupid enough to be discreet
No...it really wasn't funny. Nor do I think it was intended to be considering like I said, the scene was pointed at saying the "worst crimes" so Wilt's could out top them and reveal more of his emotional depression.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:43 PM   #16
Zeitgheist
At Home

Quote:
No...it really wasn't funny. Nor do I think it was intended to be considering like I said, the scene was pointed at saying the "worst crimes" so Wilt's could out top them and reveal more of his emotional depression.
But the exact same joke scene is used in a LOT of cartoons. One that particularly comes to mind is The Simpsons where these bunch of roughed up criminals tell their "horrible" stories that made them becomes outlaws (like stealing an accordion from a monkey et.c), then are disgusted when Homer tells his story which tops all the other's. It's a basic runofthemill joke to make the character seem/feel worse than he or she should be (in a humorous fashion)

I think you're looking a little TOO deep into the situation of Wilt (in a fangirl façon)
Old 10-24-2007, 10:24 PM   #17
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

Well, regardless of who's right and who's wrong, I think we can all agree......the puppy story was hilarious!
Old 10-25-2007, 02:12 AM   #18
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3rD4n View Post
Well, regardless of who's right and who's wrong, I think we can all agree......the puppy story was hilarious!
Heck, yeah it was! All that time you're thinking that the guy is going to say that he hurt the puppy or even killed it, since that DOES happen a lot, sad to say. When one partner in a relationship like that gets mad with the other, they often wind up taking it out on a cherished pet of the person they're angry with. But, in the true spirit of Foster's, that situation is turned into a joke by being so anti-climactic, and for me at least, that was a good thing.

And, while we're on the topic of the "crimes" being stupid, keep in mind that as of this week, there's a town in Louisiana where you will be locked up for wearing your pants too low. Now, that kinda makes stealing money for soda looks more like a real crime after all.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:34 PM   #19
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

Crime after crime:I wish Mac had a bigger role.

Bye bye nerdy:I didn't like the fact that Mac was humiliated.

Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 10:06 PM   #20
KazooBloo
Foster's Legend

Beat With A Schtick could have been more interesting if Mac found out that Herriman was taking bets about the fight.