Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Old 02-04-2007, 11:59 AM   #11
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooCheese View Post
And that thing about "A bust this large needs ample support"--a young kid normally wouldn't get the hidden sexual reference, unless he's been exposed to vast amounts of cartoons with that sort of stuff, and if so, then golly. Better stop worrying about a perfectly good cartoon and re-evaluate what you expose your kid to, hmmm?
I don't get why people get into a tizzy over sexual references. It's really, really simple -- if they get it, they already know what it means, and that's not the creators' problem. If they don't, it won't hurt them. It's not rocket science. Besides, most cartoons have them.

Yeah -- the characters in Foster's are rambunctious and get angry, while the characters in Ed, Edd n Eddy scam people, call each other "loser", beat each other up, run around with no parents in sight, and um... have green and blue tongues. And EEnE is better. I don't know about you guys, but that makes sense to me, because scamming and name-calling goes on in real life, but people never get angry. Also, it's better to not let your kid watch a cartoon just in case they think imaginary friends are real rather than, you know, explain that they aren't. Hooray for letting the TV babysit your children!
Old 02-04-2007, 12:01 PM   #12
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
"Parents looking for better alternatives can check out Ed, Edd, n Eddy and Time Warp Trio."
They've got to be kidding. I doubt they've watched either show. These uptight (censored) need to find something useful to do with their lives. I'm sorry, but I have no regard for people of this sort, none at all. Send them back to the Stone Age where they belong.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 12:09 PM   #13
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

The funny part was the reviewer suggesting young children to watch Ed, Edd 'n Eddy. EEnE is less appropriate for younger children than Foster's is. I don't take these seriously. I just think these folks are dopes.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 12:13 PM   #14
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Heh heh heh, These uptight media watchdog groups, are always great for a couple of laughs.

I personally always love it when they break out the 50 cent words in some kind of vain attempt to make them selves look all academic and self important.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:11 PM   #15
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

what i found funny was that its a "common sense review"

Quote:
Parents looking for better alternatives can check out Ed, Edd, n Eddy and Time Warp Trio
ok im a fan of all three shows involved here, and i can say that Fosters is probably the most family friendly one of them all. E,E,nE, well i think you all have said more than enough of what you think on that. but TWT? seriously, these people i dont think even own a tv.

...the whole thing was probably written by somebody who obviously is missing some of his/her brain cells. like all of them.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:48 PM   #16
"C" the Dragon
Foster's Legend
...and be amazed by it's powerful flames! Roar!  

...Someone who made this is probably a Foster hater. Hey, Foster haters can exist. Nothing we can do about it.

Icon made by Xx Broken With A SmilexX!
"C" the Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 04:04 PM   #17
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

No, just a person who didn't bother watching enough episodes and/or didn't do enough research on the show.

The show ain't creative to the reviewer, eh? This person obviously must have a fear of creativity if they watch the most wacky episodes and still don't find it creative.

Ed, Edd n' Eddy as an suggestion? I don't think so. That show's has even more mean stuff than this show.

Last edited by Nyo; 02-04-2007 at 04:08 PM.
Nyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 05:31 PM   #18
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyo View Post
No, just a person who didn't bother watching enough episodes and/or didn't do enough research on the show.

The show ain't creative to the reviewer, eh? This person obviously must have a fear of creativity if they watch the most wacky episodes and still don't find it creative.

Ed, Edd n' Eddy as an suggestion? I don't think so. That show's has even more mean stuff than this show.
this is just humaliating. ive actually favorited this page, mostly because i could always use a good laugh.

on a side note, i find it funny by how much they say KND is not fit for kids.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:19 PM   #19
rukift
At Home

Oh nyo XD I'm having a total field day with this website. I remember stumbling on it before, and it's just as funny today as it was a few years ago.

I don't want to drift offtopic, but their #1 choice instead of invader zim was jimmy neutron. Hilarious! I know what website's going to be keeping me up all night.

That website also fails to back up most of the things they say... I looked up another one of my favorite tv shows and they claim, "the characters are underdeveloped, and overall the show feels forced." ...along with a bunch of other things. I love a good argument against shows I like, but is it really so hard to tell people why you think something sucks?

It's like tv.com- but eight times more lullz because these reviews were made by serious adults who lacked screen names with an "x0x0" or a danny phantom-foster's crossover fanfic that they're more than willing to advertise at any given second.
rukift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:08 AM   #20
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

That review makes me laugh.