Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Supporting Cast

Notices

Supporting Cast Discuss everyone else in the show, both human and imaginary. For discussions about single, specific characters only.

View Poll Results: Rate "Imposter's Home"
A 11 24.44%
B 4 8.89%
C 13 28.89%
D 8 17.78%
F 9 20.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 01:30 AM   #11
DoubleLatte
At Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Sadistic? It was pure cruelty. I will never forgive Goofball, and I don't plan on forgetting Bloo's and Mr. Herriman's contributions to Frankie's misery, either.
Well technically 'sadistic' and 'cruel' are both the same thing, so all of the above. Anyway, yeah, that episode was just...wrong, and sick on so many levels. I saw a rerun of it tonight and I felt my gut twisting once again at the sight of Goofball. I love Tom Kenny and his voice work on Spongebob, but Goofball's voice was just GRATING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
I don't really care for Goofball McGee (not Magee ), but I can't totally blame him for what happened in IHFUMEUP. Frankie was too quick to judge Goofball, and assume that Goofball is just some kooky teenage boy, pretending to be an IF. I know I'm in the minority to say this, but that's what I honestly believe.
You're right; Frankie was quick to judge him, but I think any of us would have reacted the same way to an identical image of a teenage boy wearing a clown's nose and a polka dotted tie. I probably would have yanked on his nose right from the beginning to prove my point and save myself an entire evening of torture. Poor Frankie. Never in my life had I ever felt so bad for her. I keep wondering why Foster's won't hire anybody else to lend her a hand. It's physically impossible to do everything Frankie does in one day, specially in a mansion as big as Foster's. She'll wear herself out before she even reaches her 30's.

Last edited by DoubleLatte; 08-19-2006 at 01:32 AM.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:16 AM   #12
ch3353-h4xx0rrrr
Permanent Resident
And it's Goo!  

Frankie wasn't too quick to judge. He looked like a teenage boy with a red nose and a "crazy tie", and he sounded so unsure and had to rely on Frankie's sayings. Made ME mad. I don't like the impact Goofball had on Bloo, either.

GOOFBALL: PROMOTING LAZINESS, LYING, SELF DEFAMATION, AND HATRED IN TWO COUNTRIES.

Last edited by ch3353-h4xx0rrrr; 08-19-2006 at 06:16 AM.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:46 AM   #13
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch3353-h4xx0rrrr View Post
GOOFBALL: PROMOTING LAZINESS, LYING, SELF DEFAMATION, AND HATRED IN TWO COUNTRIES.
That would make an excellent caption for his "Wanted" poster.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:03 AM   #14
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

Urgh. I saw that episode last night (well, this morning, it was on at 1) and he gives canadians a bad name. I like canadians, and they don't sound like him. Though they do have funny accents.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:35 AM   #15
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Goofball definitely didn't look like an IF, but the same can be said for Prince Charming (an Imaginary Man). Hey, "Goof Goof McGoof" looked more like an IF than Goofball McGee did.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
Old 08-20-2006, 02:02 AM   #16
Scribble
At Home
Secret Door!  

Send a message via MSN to Scribble

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleLatte View Post
I probably would have yanked on his nose right from the beginning to prove my point and save myself an entire evening of torture.
Actually, apart from Goofball being one of the most irritating characters ever, that was another thing that really annoyed me during the episode. I found the whole episode was just... so annoying! I just wanted Frankie to pull that damn red nose off!!! >.<

Old 08-20-2006, 02:41 PM   #17
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

Now, I'm no fan of him. He was quite obnoxious and the writers left a hole in his backstory that was almost as annoying as he was (why would an imaginary friend who is a football mascot have homework?).

However, his conversation with Frankie about phones in Canada was hilarious.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:07 PM   #18
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I'm a Frankie fan, you know that, and you probably already can guess how I feel towards Goofball.

It's very simple...

I don't hate him.....I loathe him. I despise, detest, disgust, and dynamically dislike him to a definition that knows no bounds!

Sorry, I think that just needed to be said.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:49 PM   #19
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I've said that, but it bears repeating.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:13 PM   #20
Voxxyn
Banned

LONG OVERDUE EDIT: I deleted the original post because, quite frankly, it was a very coldhearted and stupid thing for me to say, and I hope you can forgive me for it. I wrote and posted solely out of pure anger upon seeing the name on the topic listing, and simply forgot about it until recently. I would never truly do something like that, and I apologize. Goofball's family seem like OK people.

In fact, upon recently rewatching "Imposter's Home" after many months of bashing it... I must say that it isn't THAT bad. I admit it, I've become so fixated with Goofball being a blatant moocher and Frankie missing her concert, that I forgot that it actually has somewhat of a happy ending. It was just nice to see Frankie NOT taking things personally, and instead doing her best to smile along and be a good sport about it. And she looks adorable with that clown nose.

I still hate Goofball, though.

Last edited by Voxxyn; 09-17-2006 at 04:35 AM.
Closed Thread