Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 07-03-2007, 09:43 AM   #11
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilsunshine View Post
There's an embarrassing realization I had like 3 minutes ago: So This morning I fell asleep at 6 in the morning, and wanted to be up by twelve in the afternoon for Camp Lazlo. BUT, I woke up at what I thought was 8:30 at night, and I was soooo made because I thought I missed the CL marathon. So for the next two hours I was looking outside, wondering when it would be dark. That is until I looked at the time on the clock just now, and stared at it for a few seconds....then I realized it was actually AM not PM.
i do that almost every week. Problem is i don't fall aslep until 3 or 4 AM so my sleep schedule is all kinds of messed up.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:38 AM   #12
lucyrocks73
Razzamatazztic Tap Dancer

There are ways to make punks like you sing.  

Send a message via AIM to lucyrocks73

Ha, let's see if I can pull some specific examples of embarrassing moments from my expansive repertoire...

Let's see... Well, last year we were reading Romeo and Juliet in my Honors English class. The teacher had us watch the 1968 movie, but then she also had us act out of of the important parts. I was minorly irritated in general because she hadn't picked me to do any of he parts yet, but had people go multiple times. I finally asked her what the deal was, and she told me that she was purposely saving me for the end. I ended up being Juliet for the last few scenes. So I stab myself with the plastic sword, and the last thing I remember is falling backwards. Apparently there was a chair right behind me, and I hit my head... The next thing I knew, the guy who was Paris was shaking me and the teacher was confused because apparently everyone gasped (she was sitting at her desk, and since I had been sitting on the floor, she didn't see me get knocked out by the chair). Needless to say, I was dizzy all day. And I still went to Laser Tag that night for my friend's birthday party (who happened to be sitting in the front row of that class). To this day, I can't read or hear the last few scenes of Romeo and Juliet with out laughing hysterically.

Then, I'm just an all around klutz. There are several moments surrounding that, but I'll just share some:
  • We had a bus evacuation drill, and I fell out of the back of the bus because I sat down in an attempt to slide myself out gracefully (I'm only 4 ft 11, so there was a minor height issue to begin with). Needless to say, I was not successful. However, the evil computer teacher who never smiles had this insane look on his face as if he was trying to decide whether to laugh and tell all of the staff or to scold me for being a klutz.
  • I was Kelsi in my school's production of "High School Musical", which meant that I had to trip a lot. I hate to say it, but most of the falls were real. There was one fall in particular in act one that I apparently kept doing naturally. The first time was while we were on tour around the elementary schools, and I ended up in the nurse's office after landing on my wrist weird. The second time was at the last performance that weekend (which always ends up being a little silly). Some of the chorus members ended up throwing balls of newspaper at Sharpay (instigated by the evil stage crew). I didn't know that, and went on stage for my fall just as always. I slipped (oddly enough, when I was supposed to) on a piece of newspaper. My elbow was bloody, but I think it was my most convincing fall ever.
  • I'm a dancer. Which sounds odd... I mostly specialize in tap, because it's faster and I don't have to think as much. This is for a reason, as at age five I was practicing my ballet in the seating area in the theater we use, and I fell under the stage into the pit.

Yeah, I'm chock full of embarrassing moments.

-Marty
Old 07-09-2007, 10:21 AM   #13
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Oh dear.

That reminds me of another EM from when I was 10. I was on an overnight trip with my "Girl Scout Ally" club (we call ourselves Pathfinders). We were at a Summer Camp, but it was winter and there was something like 5 feet of snow on the ground outside. Anyway, we stayed in the dormatory type building where the staff stayed during the summer months. I was sharing a room with one of my best friends, and during the night, I had a dream that all the girls were in our room having a party of sorts. They were all talking and laughing and playing games. And I was the only one in bed. So I decided to get up and join in the fun.

And I did. In my sleep.

I walked into the wall, and with a loud "BANG!" jolted awake. I'm surprised I didn't wake my friend up. I was too tired to figure out what just happened, so I just went back to bed. It may have been only 5-10 minutes later when I woke up again all wet and sticky... My nose was bleeding something awful! I ran to the bathroom to clean myself up and try to get it to stop. Eventually I went back to bed, despite my sleeping bag, pillow, stuffed bear, and even the mattress were covered with blood.

When my friend woke up the next morning, she nearly screamed at the sight of me, and asked me what happened.

"Uh....nothing?"
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:22 PM   #14
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Red face Distraction in action

Part of my daily routine includes an afternoon walk to Sam's market, where I pick up a bottle of soda and maybe a few other items, chat for a bit, and head for home, usually stopping at Walgreens for supplies and additional conversation. No Walgreens today, so I got my soda, a few Powerball tickets, and began the walk home. I keep my eyes open during the walk, in case I see something that might make a good photograph; I never leave home without my camera. As I passed by the bank I chanced to look across the street, and I spotted a woman by the name of Rose. Rose lives in my building; I seldom see her but I'd love to see her more often. She's about my height, 5' 10" or so, a little heavier than average but she carries the extra weight very well, and has medium-length platinum blonde hair. Not her real hair color but I don't frankly care. Rose is not what I would call "relationship material"; from what I've heard she's got a mean streak a mile wide and will go out of her way to get payback against anyone who fracks her off enough. She's also very charming when she wants to be, and even if she wasn't, well, when you look that hot you can get away with dang near anything. And believe me, she looks hot, and will look even hotter in the summer months, and that was the image I had in my head as I gazed at her and walked right smack into a lightpost. The bank's security guard and the tellers who were outside on a break had the courtesy to not giggle too loudly.

Guys are stupid.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:00 PM   #15
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

LOL

so we're playing kickball today, and i was up about 6 times, and each and every time i kicked the ball directly into the hands of an opposing team member. Automatic out. 6 times in a row.

embarassing? laughably so
Old 03-26-2008, 07:31 PM   #16
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Haha, nice Cass. Are you ok? And nah, guys aren't stupid. They can be, but no more so than us girls.

Like once when I was "fluffing" up my hair, I threw my head back and my hair got caught on the pull string of a ceiling fan. And I couldn't reach it to untangle it. I managed to finally wiggle loose, but not without pulling a few hairs out. It hurt, but the memory will forever amuse me.

Another embarrassing moment that happened to me just last night, I was working at the "side job" and in thinking I'd turn a light off to save electricity, I flipped a switch, and it turned ALL the lights in the building off. There was a crew there remodeling the bathrooms, and as soon as it all went dark I overheard one of them say "Hey, what happened to the lights?" and then a *BANG*, not sure if they walked into something or tripped or what. I tried turning it back on, but for some reason it wouldn't. So I stumbled up the stairs in the dark on my way to the master switch. Just before I got to the master switch, the lights turned back on (one of the guys must have found another switch). I laughed and apologized to them, I was so embarrassed!

Who'd put a "master switch" in a stairwell, anyway??
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:42 PM   #17
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

I'm okay, although my dignity, such as it is, took quite a pounding.

I never shut off a building's lights but once when I was about eight I pressed a button on an escalator. It came to an abrupt halt. Several people stumbled (it was the "down" escalator) but fortunately no one fell. Mother and father were not pleased.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:39 AM   #18
Fomalhaut
Who speaks like Goo and sings like Eurotrish

Sing with me, Eurotrish!  

Send a message via Skype™ to Fomalhaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
I'm okay, although my dignity, such as it is, took quite a pounding.

I never shut off a building's lights but once when I was about eight I pressed a button on an escalator. It came to an abrupt halt. Several people stumbled (it was the "down" escalator) but fortunately no one fell. Mother and father were not pleased.
Oh, never mind, when I was little, I used to push literally every button in my sight. Like when I stopped the moving stairs in a supermarket, turned the lights off, stopped the microwave before it should have stopped, and I could go on.

"Up in the sky, there's a star for everyone"
Fomalhaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:56 AM   #19
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

If buttons were not meant to be pushed, they would not be where we can reach them.

Buttons pale in comparison to the time I broke into the school's arts and crafts supply room and stuck my hand in the fuse box. I was eleven at the time, a little rambuntious, and curious about everything. The fuse box was an unknown so it had to be investigated. I remember a brief flash, then lying on my back about twenty feet from where I'd been, with a tingling sensation all through my body. Not the smartest thing I've ever done. Fortunately I didn't get caught.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:50 AM   #20
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

there was the time i left the microwave door open. And then turned around and smacked my face off of it. Hard.