Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 09-25-2006, 05:57 PM   #11
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I can't help but nod and jump for joy as I agree with absolutely everything you guys are saying! I don't think this episode is aired enough, nor do the creators realize just what an amazing and deep impact it has had on all of us.

Frankie's shyness was absolutely adorable, I fell in love with her in seconds after seeing that. The dresses were just superb. It was a genius idea to reveal Frankie is actually a fox, considering how we usually see her dressed.

Clothes don't make the man but they sure do flatter the female. Mac being lovey dovey over Frankie was very cute, and as sick as this may sound, very believeable in my book. Younger kids often find attraction with adults.

They might not know any better, but at least this time you can tell that they had good tastes .
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:34 PM   #12
Kzinistzerg
Foster's Legend

Yeah, i've seen people in my class (year) being all mooshy over much older people. I've never expirienced it but it's understandable. *shakes fist at hormones*

From what i've seen, this episode looks like pretty much best ever... can someone PLEASE uplod it to Youtube or somewhere else?
Kzinistzerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:18 AM   #13
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Mac being lovey dovey over Frankie was very cute, and as sick as this may sound, very believeable in my book. Younger kids often find attraction with adults.
Not sick at all, but, as you said very believable. I worked at an elementary school several years back, saw such things all the time.

"Frankie My Dear" was a great episode. Funny, compelling; one of my favorites. I seem to recall anticipating it quite a bit, probably more than I've anticipated any other Foster's.

I was quite amused that Dylan (that was his name, was it not?) looked an awful lot like Sam Hornish Jr.
I've also discovered that I'm the only one amused by this.
billytheskink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:25 AM   #14
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheskink View Post
Not sick at all, but, as you said very believable. I worked at an elementary school several years back, saw such things all the time.
What kid hasn't had a crush on a teacher or other adult at some time? I know I did, once or twice. I thought Mac's was cute, too.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 09-26-2006 at 07:27 AM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:39 AM   #15
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

And besides: What sain person wouldant develope a crush on Frankie? I can't wait to see this episode again. It was so funny.

Last edited by Medikor; 09-26-2006 at 08:40 AM.
Medikor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:04 PM   #16
Voxxyn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Frankie's shyness was absolutely adorable
That, in my opinion, is what I think is at the core of what makes her a great character. Even in an episode like this, where it's easy for the crush to be portrayed as completely larger-than-life, we still get to see her human side.

Frankie seems to have a very vulnerable air to her character, which is very unlike many female cartoon girls that can be deemed attractive. And I can't help but love her for that. I'd hug her, not only because she's so freaking cute, but also because sometimes she looks like she really needs a hug.

Seeing as how underappreciated she is and the very unglamorous nature of her role(Especially considering what they unfortunately chose for her next starring role), we should be thankful that this episode was made in the first place. I just hope that future Frankie episodes will do justice to her character, like this and "Setting A President" did.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:30 AM   #17
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

IT is like they put a lot of work into Frankie. Was she intended to be such a fleshed-out character, or was that just the result of this great episode? Either way, they struck gold.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:39 AM   #18
Voxxyn
Banned

Well, the early concept drawings of Frankie on the production blog indicate that she was going to be a COMPLETELY different character from what we now know and love. It seems that, at one point, she was going to be as evil as Vicky from The Fairly OddParents--and perhaps that explains the striking resemblance between both.

Let's just say I'm glad that they radically changed her for the final and current design. While I appreciate learning about the origins of my favorite characters, I see very little of what makes the current Frankie such a wonderful character in those concept drawings.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:59 AM   #19
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Well, I heard that Frankie is based off of Lauren Faust. So maybe she didan't want her to be mean and nasty.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:54 PM   #20
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

According to Internet Movie Database, Frankie is loosely based on Lauren Faust. Which probably means that there may only be one connection like with her hair or her clothes or something like that.

When things are loosely tied in it means not a whole lot. I'm sure majority of Frankie's creation was made up originally, but they probably just threw in (or maybe Faust did) an aspect be it personality or clothes into her being.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote