Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 04-01-2009, 08:36 PM   #1981
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I chose to go with the basic paid version of AVG and I'm happy with it. It does the updates and the spam stuff etc. It does all that Norton did except screw up my computer (so far), lol. Plus I got protection for three computers for quite a bit less than what Norton wanted for two.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:51 PM   #1982
CrazyPhil
Settling In

Ride 'em cowboy.  

So, you do have to pay to get the whole thing then?
Eduardo: "I like voting."

HIM-Best.Band.Ever.
CrazyPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:43 PM   #1983
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

You can compare the different versions on their site. If you want to discuss this more you could move it to my antivirus program thread elsewhere on the Off Topic board so we can get on with stuff that ticks us off.

I can actually post one now...yesterday I was talking to some folks about allergies and how I have bad indoor allergies and they asked, how often do you change your air filter? And I was like what air filter? So it turns out that yes we can change an air filter - I have been living in apartments since 1997 and no one has EVER told me anything about changing air filters. So I find the thing and yeah, we've been living in this apartment since I think 2005 with a 30-day air filter. -_- Anyways I measured it and today went to K-Mart (which is right near the apartment so it was the best place to try during rush hour traffic) and they didn't even have that size. Thinking I must have made a mistake - why wouldn't we have a standard size? - I bought the smallest one they had in the absolute highest rating, the most expensive one etc. I get home and my measurements had been correct. Instead of returning it tomorrow and trying someplace else I'm sorry, I cut it down and wedged it in there. I don't care. I'll keep a lookout for the right size for next time and change it in a month or two or something. It's good enough for now. Now I just have to see if my indoor allergies get any better.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:44 PM   #1984
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
There was a girl in junior high who was insanely jealous of me, although to this day I don't know why. She did what she could to bring me down to her level, and make me miserable, and unfortunately my "best" friend would sometimes find it funny to join her in humiliating me. She made me cry more times than I can count. Since we've grown up, we relate to eachother in a much more mature way, but things will never, never be cool between us, no matter how hospitable we are with eachother. It's awkward enough that I still see her sister around now and then. Although I always got along with her sister just fine, it brings back memories that aren't exactly pleasant for me.
Ugh. This girl, whom I haven't seen or spoken to in years just found me on Facebook. Using an alias name doesn't help much when they know so many of my other friends and family, look close at my profile picture and say "Ah hah!!" I don't expect we'll get into the same tifts we use to in jr. high and, eh, I guess I'm interested in what she's up to these days. So after thinking about it for a few days, I just added her. I don't expect we'll talk much. I'm kind of hoping not.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:48 PM   #1985
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Youtube copyright/dispute forms

I know I've mentioned this before but it continues to piss me off to know end so I honestly want to vent and this is the place to do it about things that tick me off. What is the freaking point of giving Youtube users the option to dispute copyright claims if the odds are so constantly stacked against you?

I make anime reviews now and gave up on music videos because of the problems I got from copyrights and NOW I get THIS:

Canada, United States, United States Minor Outlying Islands, United States Virgin Islands

Those are the countries my video has been banned from, why not just yank it off the face of the Earth? Why bother giving people this option when even the description gives you little hope of actually succeeding and failing results in penalties against your account?

I just can't win and apparently they can't just LIGHTEN UP!

I am seriously considering arguing this fair use act against them but I fear getting my account terminated for it.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:02 PM   #1986
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

AAARRRGGH! More Mr. Ditsy issues today. It may be hard to understand most of the story unless you're at least familiar with working in retail, but I'll tell it anyway.

I had to ring the doorbell so I could be let in this morning, and he came and unlocked the door for me. Before I was even in the building he starts barking orders at me- "I need you to do this and that, and I need you to start with such-and-such, and you need to do it all this way..." blah blah blah. I'm like, dude, I'm already running late, can you at least wait until I put my stuff in my locker and clock in? So once I'm clocked in I get to work. But every time he even sees me walking by he has to stop and say something like "Hey what are you doing?" Duh, I'm doing what you told me to do, not that you needed to tell me, I already knew it needed to be done, and as I've been with the company five times longer than you have, I know how to do it. Chill! Ugh. So the morning continues, and I finish what he asked me to do, and I'm suppose to print and fill out some forms that need to be posted when the task was done. As I'm the one who did it, my name is suppose to be on it. So I typed my name into the forms and then printed them, and posted them. So after I post the forms and start on the next project, the moron stops me again and tells me it's policy to have the name written, not typed on the form. So he took the liberty to re-print the forms and wrote his OWN name on all of them and posted them. Therefore he took credit for all that work that I did. Plus, the policy does indeed say "write name" on the form, but it does not specifically say "with a pen". So it basically just means your name is suppose to be on it. Idiot. I lost my patience with him when he did that, and told him "Whatever" and walked off. Got to admit when my own manager came in later in the day, I worried he would complain to her about me and I'd be called to the office for a good talking to. Thankfully that didn't happen. But after I got back from lunch, he had the other cashier do a special project and left me up at the register alone for the rest of my shift. I can't help but think he did that out of spite. The cashier left up at the register is usually someone who doesn't know how to do anything else but cashier, or can't be trusted to do a good job at anything else. The others are considered more valuable and therefore "borrowed" to work on other things until they're needed at the register. So it's kind of an insult to be the only cashier at the registers for many hours when there's another one or two cashiers there. Yeah, he totally did that on purpose. I seriously hate that guy.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:07 PM   #1987
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

What a total jackass. Isn't there someone you can report him to?

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:22 PM   #1988
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

What he does I don't think is "serious" enough to be taken seriously if I reported him. It would all come down to my word against his, and they're not going to know who to believe, even with "witnesses" who also know how stupid he is. And I know that if I'm not careful, it might look like I'm prejudiced or something, which is totally not true, but I know it might look that way at times. Truth is, I tried being his friend when he first came to the company, and even showed him some of the ropes. My friendliness never seemed well received though, so I quit trying. And then I noticed how ditsy he is, and from there he's outright power-hungry. Few people we work with like him at all, I'm not the only one. But he and I will never get along, and we clash more than than anyone else I think.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:35 AM   #1989
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

The Swine Flu "outbreak". I dunno if it's even real, or just the news company making things up just to gain a few more ratings. =/
Old 04-28-2009, 09:42 AM   #1990
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosters home fan View Post
The Swine Flu "outbreak". I dunno if it's even real, or just the news company making things up just to gain a few more ratings. =/
Trust me, it's very real and very serious. We have a couple of members from Mexico who have mentioned the subject, here and elsewhere. Besides, if the media made up something like that and caused a major health scare, there'd be some serious jail time looming on the horizon.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote