Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 03-13-2009, 07:21 PM   #1951
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I have some sort of throat infection. :/ I suppose this could get me out of jury duty on Monday; although I don't feel "sick" now that could change, and I may be contagious.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:37 PM   #1952
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Seems that a lot of people have been getting sick lately.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:01 PM   #1953
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Seems that a lot of people have been getting sick lately.
Yeah.

This ticks me off. We get, like, 5 inches of snow, after one week, it melts and starts to go away, then, another load of snow comes and it's icy outside. This has happened twice, so far, this month. Tougher to walk in, and, harder to drive, too (I don't drive, though).

I can't wait for spring!!!
Old 03-14-2009, 06:19 PM   #1954
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
That is such a cool idea! I'd be afraid of being caught and getting in trouble for not having state permission or something to post such things. But if it's working, the drivers must think they're coming from some sort of authority and heeding them, that's so cool. Kudos from me!
Hehe thanks! I figure if it's for the greater good then I'm doing something right I wish I was a fly on the wall when they found it though haha!

Being at the laundromat right now reminds me of a time when I was LIVID. I set my clean clothes down on the table, walked away to wash my hands, and when I came back, I saw they'd been moved a tad. It didn't bother me until I noticed that the lady next to me had just spilled soda all over my clothes!! I said "what the hell?" out of surprise, and I know she heard me but she ignored me. Finally after a few passive-aggressive attempts to let her know that I noticed and was mad, I just asked her "um... Did you spill soda on my clothes?"

She pretended she didn't know she spilled it on them, even though she CLEARLY knew because my clothes were moved and they were soaked in soda. She said "oh, did I get it on your clothes?" and I said "uh... yeah you did." What REALLY ticked me off though was after that she just said "oh, sorry." She didn't even offer to give me quarters to wash my clothes again! Just flatly said "oh, sorry" and turned around like that was that! I could have screamed.

Last edited by scary_dream; 03-14-2009 at 08:46 PM.
scary_dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:20 AM   #1955
Sama-chan
Servant of the shadows

Do I LOOK like a people person?  

Omg, I hate it when people do stuff like that!
I also hate when people you argue with have nothing valid to add to their argument, so then they try to make you look bad in order to smash your credibility and everything you said. >_>
Old 03-15-2009, 12:30 PM   #1956
Sparky

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

As I expected, my throat infection has migrated to my sinuses. Oh well. My Monday jury duty has been postponed or whatever it's called, so I have to call/check the website after 5 pm Monday to see if I go in Tuesday, and so on each day. So I just can't make any plans until after this is done with. Poo.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:01 PM   #1957
Sama-chan
Servant of the shadows

Do I LOOK like a people person?  

Aww, I hope your throat gets better ^_^
Old 03-17-2009, 06:56 PM   #1958
Sparky

My throat's been better for a few days, its my sinuses that've been messed up, I basically have a cold now. It's getting better but its still not gone, and my jury duty starts tomorrow after being delayed a couple days. Its better than me having to go in when I was really sick but bah.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:28 PM   #1959
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie
Unhappy

Arrrrrgghh!! I learn today that I no longer have channels 30-70, and I don't understand why. I have digital cable, and a digital cable box! Why Comcast, why??? I thought I was covered, I understood that as long as I had digital cable, I don't need to do anything. I'm terrified now, with my desperately trying to save as much money as I possibly can, I'm going to have to get an additional box or something and be charged for it if I want to get the stations back. I'm not going to be able to do it! No more TLC, no more Travel or History channels, no more SciFi. No more CN!!!! I am sooooo mad!
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:19 PM   #1960
Sparky

Eh, wot? You don't have an old tube "analog" TV do you? I understand you have to have a TV with a digital converter built in (that is to say an HD TV, although some of the earlier HD TVs don't have the converters).