Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 01-21-2008, 09:49 AM   #171
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I was planning on writing this yesterday but things came up. Reading Cass's deep words about Frankie and valentine's day kind of put me up to this, so I apologize for those who don't like long ass posts but I got something pretty long ass to say. As I have gotten older and I'm now about to graduate from college with my bachelor's degree in the spring, I still have yet to find a girlfriend.

I have tried plenty of methods and tactics to meet girls, and none of have them have really worked out like I planned. My age doesn't really force me to want to rush but merely the notion of wanting a girlfriend. Anyway, the more I think about it, the more I realize that despite how utterly weird and "insane" this may sound, but I find myself more and more drawn to toon females then ever.

I think one of the reasons I don't really feel 100% bad about not having a girlfriend is knowing that while they may not be real, I find my heart filled with such joy seeing wonderful animated woman who inspire and encourage me. I think of the celebrities and pretty women we have out in society today, and I can't help but think how they could learn SO much from a single toon.

They have qualities that are admirable, beautiful, and downright sexy. They give me something to believe in and while I know I will never find a girl like a toon since they are designed to be so nice and wonderful, I find myself happier thinking about what I would do on a date with toon girls then I would with an actual person. I find myself thinking about that a lot lately.

I imagine if I was dating say Sailor Jupiter from Sailor Moon or Mahoro Ando from the anime series Mahoromatic, I imagine what I would wear to impress them, where to take them, to open the door and pull their seats out to be polite to them, and I can just imagine seeing them blush so adorably and being so kind and caring I'd feel like I'd be walking on air or cloud 9.

I also think about what they would say to me because in a weird way, I think about how they would think of me or speak about me. I usually don't care what other people think about me. I am content with who I am, what my interests are and I have no desire to change for anyone other then myself. But hearing Jupiter or Mahoro or other toons speak highly of me, to hear their voices say those words, it would mean so much to me. Pardon my sappiness.

When I watch TV shows or movies, I don't think of cartoons or TV show characters as actors playing characters, I get really involved and think of them as a real person to help get more involved in the movie or show. And as I have gotten more involved in toons, I find myself thinking more and more how that toon would react or respond to meeting me in real life.

Its silly and a total fantasy which I know will never come true and that doesn't bother me in the least. But the thing that matters most is the feeling, the feeling I get when I would picture meeting someone like Belldandy from Ah My goddess or Bunnie Rabbot from the Sonic the hedgehog cartoon and how wonderful it feels to imagine how they would react to me as an individual.

Its that feeling that makes me feel good inside and makes me feel more positive about finding a future mate and feeling better about myself. In a way, the toon girls I crush on give me strength and give me someone to look forward to. Some people idolize athletes, humanitarians, or celebrities but me, I find these toon girls more admirable and idol worthy then anyone I know.

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 01-21-2008 at 09:52 AM.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 12:34 PM   #172
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Its that feeling that makes me feel good inside and makes me feel more positive about finding a future mate and feeling better about myself. In a way, the toon girls I crush on give me strength and give me someone to look forward to. Some people idolize athletes, humanitarians, or celebrities but me, I find these toon girls more admirable and idol worthy then anyone I know.
Very touching and well said my friend. It sounds like you're making an effort to find someone so as far as I'm concerned, it's not a matter of "if" but "when". Heck, that sensitivity you just showed us all could be what helps you find Mrs. Marshmallow in the future. Just keep your chin up, bud. You've got friends rooting for you.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:44 PM   #173
rossfellow
Settling In

Frankie.

I dont think I even need to explain myself. Frankie's qualities stand out in broad daylight, and she keeps no secrets.

She may lie, but she doesnt keep secrets
Old 06-05-2008, 10:08 PM   #174
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

*Brushes the dust off the thread*

Always did love this thread, and I'm very happy to bring it back. Even though I am most happy with my current girlfriend ( I'm as shocked as you are ) I can't help but admit I still got some major league toon crushes brewing.

A couple more recent ones:

Nadia (from Nadia secret of blue water)

I understand she's young and black and me being white, that might sound weird to say this but, I think she's beautiful. I think she's got a lovely voice and considering she's the star of one of the greatest anime series of all time (in my opinion), I'm not surprised I crush on her so much. Just wish she'd lighten up.

Mrs. Brisby (from Secret of NIMH)

I absolutely loved this movie to death and found Mrs. B to be absolutely adorable. I know she's a mouse but by GOD is she cute! Her voice was sweet, soft, polite, she's gentle and I just thought her character alone was one of the best highlights of the movie. Too bad her VA died making this her last role.

Yumi (from Hi, Hi Puffy Ami Yumi)

I didn't warm up to this show until much later on, which bums me out because I really started to like the show. I think Yumi is pretty damn hot for a punk girl. I love the color of her hair and hearing her curse/shout in Japanese is one of the things I love about the show. I think Ami is too "pretty in pink" and kinda nutty, call me odd but something about the "wild girl" in toons just sucks me in.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:35 AM   #175
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

*joins Mr. M in dusting off the thread*

I have some new favourites, but I'll give a more detailed version of my own first:

Sakura Kinomoto - Cardcaptor Sakura
My No.1 crush. I've yet to see the proper dub of this anime, but what I really LOVE about Sakura is that she's, in every way, wonderful. She knows when she's doing something wrong (even if it doesn't get to her first), always looks out for her friends, and always has the courage to get things done. And I'm gonna get laughed at for this, but I just can't help but smile and giggle everytime I see Sakura blush. It's just too damn adorable.

Frankie - Foster's
What more can I say? She's everything we love about her. Caring, young, kind, a heart of gold, hot... I could go on forever!

Raven - Teen Titans
Before she came along, Starfire was my favourite Titan, but it was when I saw the episode Nevermore that my mind immediatly changed. While she does seem like the person who's always angry (something I never liked), she somehow managed to shine a different light for me. After seeing a couple more Raven episodes, I knew that she would be my favourite on the show.

Blossom - The Powerpuff Girls
Sometimes, it's the look of the character that gets me drawn into them. Blossom is that character (for me anyway). She's someone who knows how to be a leader and a fighter, and can stay looking good at the same time. An example of this is the fight between her and Princess Morbucks from 'Stuck Up Up and Away'. I loved how when Morbucks shot a lazer at Blossom, Blossom just moves her neck an inch, and the lazer misses her. I like that kind of character.

Misty Waterflower - Pokemon
My first crush, and it's not hard to know why. She's like Frankie in that she's one of the nicest person I've come to know. But, what separates Misty from Frankie is that while Misty does get angry from time to time, she does it in a funny way that it doesn't seem like she's getting bashed, unlike Frankie in THAT episode!

Jenny - My Life as a Teenage Robot
What I like about Jenny from this show (even though I've only seen a couple of episodes) is that she's someone who wants to do the things an average girl wants to do. But when she's needed for help, she can't help herself but defend her friends by being a great fighter. I like how she can mix both fighting and everyday life together, kinda like KP. (But she's another story)

Gwen - Ben 10
Despite the fact that she does tend to tell the same joke over 1000 times, she's still a winner in my book. She's the responsible know-it-all girl, and is willing to help out. She also doesn't have to look good to get my attention (although her cute look got me into her! )

Ami - Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi
Now she's the cute factor. While I understand how she is a bit too much of 'pretty in pink', I still can't help but love her. She's fun, lovable, and looks to be a great person to hang out with.

Atomic Betty
Like Blossom, she's someone who can kick butt and look good at the same time. Nuff said!

My new favourites:

Gadget Hackwrench - Rescue Rangers
I remember seeing this show from the 90s, but I wasn't all into crushes at the time. Upon recently seeing The Case of the Cola Cult and (in particular) Double O'Chipmunk on YouTube (and Mr. M, you'll agree with me when I say this), I can now see why Chip and Dale constantly go nuts over her.

Katara - Avatar: The Last Airbender
Again, I've only seen a couple of episodes of this show, and I am starting to get into it, but already Katara's shown me the kind of person she is. She's friendly, always looking out for her friends (like Sakura), and is a great fighter. Plus, the moment at the end of the episode 'Bato of the Water Tribe' when she kisses Aang was just too sweet for words. That just shows the kind of person Katara is.

Lydia Deetz - Beetlejuice
I may not remember seeing this show (if it DID air in Australia), but you gotta admit, she does look good with that red spiderweb dress on!

And that's all for the longest post I've ever done!
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:53 AM   #176
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Yumi (from Hi, Hi Puffy Ami Yumi)

I didn't warm up to this show until much later on, which bums me out because I really started to like the show. I think Yumi is pretty damn hot for a punk girl. I love the color of her hair and hearing her curse/shout in Japanese is one of the things I love about the show. I think Ami is too "pretty in pink" and kinda nutty, call me odd but something about the "wild girl" in toons just sucks me in.
I didn't love the show but I did watch it once in a while because Ami was just so adorable. I didn't care for Yumi, though.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:36 PM   #177
L.G.
Melvineer

Drum roll please...

Frankie Foster!...But for reasons you might not expect.

In my opinion, to say her voice is beautiful like saying a Ferrari is fast (thank you, Grey Delisle). She's also relatively tall at 5' 10" according to her Coco card. Frankie appears to be a low maintenance person: little or no make-up usually, wears sneakers, and no painted nails (that I can see anyway). Her smile always makes me smile, and so does her warm personality.

Last edited by L.G.; 08-02-2008 at 06:37 PM.
L.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 06:43 PM   #178
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.G. View Post
Drum roll please...

Frankie Foster!...But for reasons you might not expect.

In my opinion, to say her voice is beautiful like saying a Ferrari is fast (thank you, Grey Delisle). She's also relatively tall at 5' 10" according to her Coco card. Frankie appears to be a low maintenance person: little or no make-up usually, wears sneakers, and no painted nails (that I can see anyway). Her smile always makes me smile, and so does her warm personality.
Not to mention her big eyes and long eyelashes; I love her cute pipecleaner legs.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 07:42 PM   #179
L.G.
Melvineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck2k View Post
Not to mention her big eyes and long eyelashes; I love her cute pipecleaner legs.
I dunno...the shape of Frankie's legs has me wondering if she's eating enough. Maybe that's just a side effect of the show's art style. There were hints in the house photo episode that she thinks she's overweight when she is not.

Last edited by L.G.; 08-02-2008 at 07:42 PM.
L.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 07:44 PM   #180
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

It's simply the way she's drawn, nothing more than that.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote