Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:02 AM   #171
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

If that were ever to happen I'd stop watching the series.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:05 PM   #172
cartman414
At Home

Has too much time on his hands. Er, hooves.  

Oh, burn. Even Madame Foster was ticked off in that drawing.
cartman414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:37 PM   #173
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

heh, that picture actually popped up when I did an image search a month or two ago. Couldn't help but laugh when I saw it. I don't hate Cheese, but I certainly understand where the artist was coming from when they drew it. I'm irked at the S2 DVD cover, myself. I soooo preferred the original artwork of a nice framed picture of Mac and Bloo on the wall, and Cheese, looking "cute and innocent" (as opposed to crazy and going bazurk), holding his horsey up to the picture. Sooooo much better. Ugh, oh well. It's what's on the inside that counts, and I love every minute of it.

*No, make that every second.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:39 AM   #174
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

What the-?

How did THAT replace the artwork I'd previously seen (and loved) for the season two DVD? Who was in charge of that?

Yeah, the sentiments of the linked artist does make some important points. I think Cheese works well BECAUSE he stands so in contrast with everyone else, which is why his usage should be kept to a minimum. Not written out altogether, but.....
Old 08-18-2007, 06:33 AM   #175
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3rD4n View Post
What the-?

How did THAT replace the artwork I'd previously seen (and loved) for the season two DVD? Who was in charge of that?

Yeah, the sentiments of the linked artist does make some important points. I think Cheese works well BECAUSE he stands so in contrast with everyone else, which is why his usage should be kept to a minimum.
I second that cognition. Although I don't exactly hate the troublesome yellow fellow, I will say this about him - he can be an amusing character, but only when his mindless ramblings actually convey some sense of innocence. There, we at least have some charm and humour in how his lesser senses play off against the self-awareness of the other characters - ultimately, he's best when used as a foil. For example, his insistence on decorating the vehicle with bunnies alongside the flames in "Mac Daddy", which did make me smile. The problem comes when he's allowed to run rampant doing and saying the most ridiculous and inane of things (which were all that his roles in "the Big Cheese" and "Cheese A-Go-Go" really amounted to), so all that we basically get are a bunch of equally mindless gags with no real substance to them.

And I agree with many of the issues that the "Cheese Show" artist raises - ultimately, Cheese just isn't nearly representative enough of the show as a whole to justify him becoming the CN poster kid he has done, let alone hog the entire Season 2 cover. Having Bloo dominate most of the artwork on the Season One cover was far more understandable, given that he is the main character, and features strongly in every episode. As the artist points out, Cheese was only in a single episode of Season 2. No matter, I guess, because whatever the cover, I'm still buying. I just hope I don't have the same problems getting my DVD-rom drive to recognise the discs as I did with Season 1.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 08-18-2007 at 06:34 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:36 PM   #176
Sama-chan
Servant of the shadows

Do I LOOK like a people person?  

Cheese is my favorite character. He's the most random character in the show, which is cool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
Please, for the love of god, DON'T let this happen:

http://jbwarner86.deviantart.com/art...-Show-56804676

No, I didn't draw this.
LOL. That would be..a rather....odd episode....

Last edited by Sparky; 08-31-2007 at 10:08 PM. Reason: merge back-to-back posts
Sama-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 04:32 AM   #177
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Pft, personally I think the artist of that above piece is making way too much of a deal over this matter. I mean regardless of whom is on the cover die hard fans of the series are going to buy the DVD no matter what, and having a very popular character amongst the target audience adorning the cover will make it highly visible to the younger set, and thus will more then likely find it's way into mommy and daddy's shopping cart. Which of course is a very very good thing.

Now if Cheese happens to find his was onto the cover of season three, you know the season where he appears in a grand total of zero episodes, then we can make a case.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:45 AM   #178
cartman414
At Home

Has too much time on his hands. Er, hooves.  

I like how he calls those mice that gather around him at the end of ""Mac Daddy" doggies.
cartman414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:03 AM   #179
Shelltoon
A Caring Individual

So sweet...  

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
Now if Cheese happens to find his was onto the cover of season three, you know the season where he appears in a grand total of zero episodes, then we can make a case.
I doubt that's going to happen, Season 3 will most likely have Goo, if the iTunes art for Season 3 is any indication.

Old 09-03-2007, 07:55 AM   #180
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelltoon View Post
I doubt that's going to happen, Season 3 will most likely have Goo, if the iTunes art for Season 3 is any indication.

I trust y'all will understand if part of me feels like screaming.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote