Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 11-27-2008, 06:14 PM   #1741
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

It ticks me off that my parade vid is STILL not uploaded and its been working 8 hours.

Also, my dad's manners. :/ First he tracked cat poop into our apartment, so it smelled nasty in here while I was trying to cook Thanksgiving dinner (also, that means he drove an hour with that smell and didn't notice?). When he gets here he always sits right in my favorite seat and gets it all messed up, scrunching the slipcover all over and mashing the pillow up and then doesn't fix it. Then he does stuff like dropping the spoon INTO the mashed sweet potatoes after taking his serving so I can't really get any more. Having him over is really annoying.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 08:12 PM   #1742
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Also, my dad's manners. :/
Same here.

My dad couldn't even make up a reason for why he had to "taste" a few spoonfuls of gravy, then putting the spoon back into the pan.

Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:17 AM   #1743
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
It ticks me off that my parade vid is STILL not uploaded and its been working 8 hours.

Also, my dad's manners. :/ First he tracked cat poop into our apartment, so it smelled nasty in here while I was trying to cook Thanksgiving dinner (also, that means he drove an hour with that smell and didn't notice?). When he gets here he always sits right in my favorite seat and gets it all messed up, scrunching the slipcover all over and mashing the pillow up and then doesn't fix it. Then he does stuff like dropping the spoon INTO the mashed sweet potatoes after taking his serving so I can't really get any more. Having him over is really annoying.
That's just like MY dad...and my late grandfather, too. I don't think either of them even had a sense of smell, seriously. My grandfather had an uncanny talent of being able to find the only mud puddle within a 200-mile radius, in the midst of a drought, and step in it and track mud through the house, and could not for the life of him figure out why my grandmother or anyone else made such a big deal out of it. What was even worse was his talent for finding and stepping in animal poop or motor oil. I'm not sure he even had the necessary muscle groups for wiping his feet. I'm fastidious about my cars, especially the Studebaker, and I keep a brush in the door pocket for brushing off my shoes when I get it. My father gets insulted when he rides with me anywhere and I hand the brush over to him, insisting that he brush the hay bale and gravel pit and dog mess off of his shoes before he gets in, as if I'd be honored to have all that in the foot of my car!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:43 PM   #1744
L.G.
Melvineer

The drive back to school. There was fog in the mountains, sometimes so thick I couldn't even see 1000 feet (about 300 meters) in front of me. And getting off the PA turnpike took too long because the toll lanes at my exit couldn't cycle the cars fast enough with only 3 cash lanes, and the queues affected traffic as far as 8 miles before the interchange.
L.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:13 PM   #1745
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

Five minutes before taking a typing test for a prospective employer, I burned my index finger.

Last edited by Ridureyu; 12-01-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Ridureyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:56 PM   #1746
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Ouch...great timing. How did you do it?

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:57 PM   #1747
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

They wanted 50 wpm, I gave them 96. With a burned finger.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:00 PM   #1748
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Talk about playing through the pain, very good sir.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:15 PM   #1749
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

That's some amazing determination, Rid. I hope they see a good candidate when the saw that. Here's wishing you the best of luck.

And what ticks me off today is Mr. Ditsy. I've mentioned him before elsewhere, he's a manager at my work place, and has the common sense of a door nail. Many times the intelligence of one, too.

I was on my lunch break and was passing by the register area and he calls me over to run a register. I gave him a strange look. First, I'm not in uniform, and second, it should be a given that if I'm not in uniform, I wasn't clocked in. Duh! And even if I was clocked in, I had specific instructions from my own manager not to run a register today. I had my own jobs to do, and two other girls were suppose to be running the registers in my place. He knew this, I have the feeling he was just being lazy and seeing me walk by got his hopes up that he could have me run the register so he didn't have to. Even though I was technically just a customer at the moment, not being in uniform or clocked in.

Oh, and what made it worse, he belittled me for not doing so in front of the customer he was taking care of.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:18 PM   #1750
Mr_Bloo_Veins
At Home

YOU CAN'T TAKE THE MIKE AND IKES FROM OUR VENDING MACHINES  

Send a message via AIM to Mr_Bloo_Veins Send a message via Skype™ to Mr_Bloo_Veins

I got a new computer about a week ago and it's great, except for one tiny little problem, it keeps arbitrarily disconnecting me from the internet for no apparent reason. You don't know how irritating it is to get disconnected from Skype every five seconds, especially in the middle of a conversation. Well actually, most of you probably DO know. Either way, it's annoying.

Last edited by Mr_Bloo_Veins; 12-01-2008 at 04:21 PM.
Mr_Bloo_Veins is offline   Reply With Quote