Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 10-08-2008, 04:48 AM   #1661
Natty
Settling In
I like las patatas!  

I'm getting tired of companies that promise to send materials within a few days, only to leave us all stressed because those materials haven't been sent a week later!

Seriously, they promised we'd receive displays and such for an expensive perfume-brand last thursday. Still hasn't arrived and they don't return our calls. BAH!
Natty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:15 AM   #1662
xxfostersxwiltxlovexx
Newly Abandoned

WHY DON'T YOU COME HERE AND FACE ME?  

What really ticks me off right now is that I have to go to school and I'm gonna miss Nightmare On Wilson Way next Monday. Grr.

xxfostersxwiltxlovexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:22 AM   #1663
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

The guy across the hall got tanked again yesterday. Except for the fire hazard he represents I honestly don't much care if he drinks or not; it's his life, after all, and alcohol is a difficult addiction to overcome. What bothers me about yesterday in particular though is that he was babysitting three young kids at the time. I find it hard to believe that their mother would leave them with him; she can't possibly be unaware of his problems. Maybe she didn't have a choice, I don't know. Regardless, something bad is going to happen in that apartment one of these days.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:27 AM   #1664
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

Somehow, Cassini... as scary as this sounds, what happpened in the aparment across of your doesn't faze me much. Oh, I'll be the first to echo your sentiments of What in the name of all that is holy was she thinking?! but on that same note...

I live in a place where this would actually be a little more common than you'd care to consider. Even though my town is what's considered damp (alcohol can be imported, but not purchased), alcoholism rates are up there-- anyone else on this forum have to tell the cashier, "Oh yeah, and I want to get a bottle of Listerine" when checking out? I didn't think so. My point here is that anything with alcohol in it that's not too lethal to the human body can and will be consumed for the buzz. Thus Listerine being put behind the counter.

It's actually kinda creepy just how... I suppose rampant is the word I'm shooting for here... alcoholism and (I'm just gonna call this one as I see it; if I offend, my sincerest apologies) drunkeness is where I live. Trust me, nothing saying screwed up quite like walking down the street and being called Princess by a drunk from across the street, growling at a drunk who called you Angel and being proposed to by a drunk.

All of which have happened to me. I hate it so much-- my blinders go up and I'm in total and complete "I don't see you, I don't know you, leave me the [censored] alone" mode. On the second occassion (being called Angel), I was walking around the block from the bank at which I work from doing my typical lunch break windowshopping and I'm walking toward three guys. My mental defense shot up and my eyes went down to the ground in front of me, and for good reason when one of them slurred, "Hi Angel." I didn't answer, but I picked up my pace. Sadly, the guy had to repeat himself. I growled-- literally growled a la Corey Burton's Transformers character-- "Hi" and kept on going. Thankfully that was the end of that.

Am I the only one who thinks it's sad that the only way I can get terms of endearment directed at me is when the other person is wasted?

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:12 PM   #1665
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Channel 7 ABC covered today's Bay Area Tarantula Society meeting. I'm afraid they're going to portray us as a group of crazy people instead of hobbyists/whatever. I didn't like the way the interviewer talked to me, he kept wanting me to "admit" to keeping tarantulas, repeatedly asked me "why" I like them (no matter how often I answered) and afterwords told me I was "very funny." I wasn't intending to be humorous. I'm quite sure they're going to use the footage to make fun of us, even if it's part that and part a straight piece. I didn't like that the interviewer and the cameraman snuck behind one of the tables to film a closeup of the interviewer stepping on a tortilla chip, presumably so they can make a joke about that being what a "normal" person would have done to one of the tarantulas or maybe one of the hissing roaches - whatever, it's not respectful. I wish I hadn't talked to them at all.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:09 PM   #1666
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Despite the fact that I clicked all the right buttons, my retarded laptop failed to disconnect and shut down while I was out earlier. For two hours I was at the park, wandering around, photographing stuff, but as far as my machine was concerned I was logged in here, looking at the front page. Meaningless, I suppose, but annoying nonetheless. At least I now know that the screensaver works.

Oh, and I got a letter from Management today, informing me that they'll be replacing the thermostats on Tuesday the 21st. Just great. Now I have to put up with the lazy maintainence guy being in my place. Eh, maybe seeing all the Foster's stuff I have, particularly the framed Frankie pics, will unnerve him and make him work faster and leave quicker.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 10-18-2008 at 01:09 PM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:28 PM   #1667
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

I hate being ignored when I have something valid to say: meetings of corporate and non-corporate nature, talking to my GF, or when I feel i made a valid post on forums. It gets to me after awhile. I think that is the reason why I am such a vocal person when people agitate me.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:45 PM   #1668
L.G.
Melvineer

Two things

A. Ed Edd n' Eddy is no longer listed on CN's video site. I don't understand why the Eds are gone and yet, Dial M for Monkey and the Justice Friends are given their own slots? Their logic is madness!

B. There is now a tier list for Super Smash Brothers Brawl for those who believe in the tier system (which I don't believe in). Now people are gonna choose characters based on the list, especially online

Last edited by L.G.; 10-24-2008 at 03:53 PM.
L.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:54 PM   #1669
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I just replied to a post on another forum concerning the upcoming Foster's and EEnE movies. From what I read there, the EEnE movie is scheduled to air in either January or February of next year. So don't worry too much, it's not gone completely yet.

Although CN taking them completely off their websight is dumb of them. It's still a CN original.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:11 PM   #1670
L.G.
Melvineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
I just replied to a post on another forum concerning the upcoming Foster's and EEnE movies. From what I read there, the EEnE movie is scheduled to air in either January or February of next year. So don't worry too much, it's not gone completely yet.

Although CN taking them completely off their websight is dumb of them. It's still a CN original.
Given all the stuff CN's been doing the last four years, that move was one of the worst IMO. First they cancel MEGAS XLR, then they introduce more non-animated programing on a cartoon network, and now I can't see Ed Edd n' Eddy on their own website?! Granted, that last bit can be solved by going to Youtube, but still...is it too much to ask to keep Ed Edd n' Eddy videos on their own site?

Great...MEGAS XLR ain't on Toonami Jetstream either.

That does it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES6hR3SdUDA

Last edited by L.G.; 10-27-2008 at 09:10 PM.
L.G. is offline   Reply With Quote