Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:44 AM   #151
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
I think she's better off here then having to be tossed into the main character mix.
YESTHANKYOUVERYMUCH.

Even thought I posted here earlier, I just want to post my more...detailed opinion on her, if you know what I mean. Before I was just plain anti-Goo, but now I'm neutral for her, although it's leaning towards anti-Goo once more. Be warned, there's a long post ahead:

Anywhoo...In my eyes, I don't think she's a terrible character, but she's not a awesome character. My first thoughts on her were rather negative, since Go Goo Go, I really hated disliked her. She let hell break loose on Mac, causing him to be near-banned from Foster's. True, she did redeem herself towards that end of the episode, but that didn't make me like her more.

Her 2nd role in The Big Picture was very good and she didn't do anything that would make me dislike her more, but it raised points on my "Pro-Goo" scale. This, and Bus The Two of Us, are the only episodes that had her in good roles, IMO (No offense to anybody).

Her 3rd sighting in Neighbor Pains, unfortuantly, caused me to lose almost all respect for her. I was starting to like her, but then this "Bossy Goo" bullcrap shows up. Frankie, Wilt and Ed go through enough torture enough as it is, and Goo just makes it worse. I would like to call her a certain word, but I can get banned for it.

Her 4th time with the friends in Infernal Slumber...well, I'm a bit wishy-washy about this episode, since Goo was a bit sexist. I really hate sexist things, and this caused even more anti-Goo points. However, she did get some pro-Goo points for calling Cheese a spirit. But, other than that...she's meh in this episode.

In the 5th appearance, I Only Have Surprise for You, she was meh as well. Insulting Mac got herself a whopper of anti-Goo points (yeah I know that's getting old but I don't care). Since I was annoyed by her in this eppie, I praise Mac for bounding and gagging her with a gift in her pie hole. Please don't jump down my throat for that. She was a part of Bloo's plan, so she got what she deserves.

The 6th eppie with her, Bus The Two of Us, was a great one and Goo, thankfully, won many pro-Goo points, especially with Boy of Spotted Tongue and Japanese Bloo. I even offically turned pro-Goo when I saw this whole episode.

But with her 7th show, it all crashed and burned when she she had her "Leave it me 'cuz I'm a pro" deal. She was rather arrogant and braggy when Frankie thanked her. I hate people like that.

The 8th she-bang, Make Believe it or Not, she was once again meh. She got her fair share of hell when she made the video-game-type friends, and she got some pro-Goo points for the imangination game she made with the others.

I'm in no mood for flames because I worked hard on this post, so if you got nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.

Last edited by Nyo; 02-24-2007 at 09:45 AM.
Nyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 11:42 AM   #152
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Excellent analysis. I can't say that I agree with all of it, but it was definitely well thought out and well written. Great job!

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 07:19 PM   #153
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
I agree with Nathander. Goo is just fine where she is, and does not by any means have to or need to become a central character. It wouldn't be smart for many reasons, one of the biggest being the show already has a wide cast of characters as we speak. The Foster's 5, Madame Foster, Herriman, Frankie etc.

Episodes are often dividing characters up and focusing on just one or two certain individuals, adding Goo to the mix would only increase the division, not to mention the fact that as we have all seen, just because your a main character doesn't mean you will be in every episode and be a big part of every plot.

Goo has certainly become a much more tolerable and enjoyable character since she was served humble pie in MBIN, despite the fact that episode still served as a vehicle for her ego. But what makes Goo less workable as a main character is her entire gimmick: her gabbing, that's basically what makes Goo unique.

The fact she dresses like a rodeo clown (and at times acts like one), makes it hard for me to see her as a main cast member. Her gabby mouth can't really function in every episode and I think she serves better for timely placed plot points rather then trying to stuff her into main cast mate slots every ep.

Goo is fine right where she is, and so is Cheese, I'm enjoying his absence considering that the episodes recently have not starred him and still entertained me a great deal. Even "Good Wilt Hunting" functioned just fine without Cheese or Goo, so like I said before, I think Goo is fine where she is.

I don't hate her and no one should take my words as flames either, I'm just saying that Goo is doing just fine where she is and I think she's better off here then having to be tossed into the main character mix.
I honestly believe this to be one of the few times I've agreed with you in entirety with what you have to say. Good show, sir!
Old 02-25-2007, 08:25 PM   #154
Crash-N-Cortex
Permanent Resident
I'm back with my Chimchar!  

Send a message via Yahoo to Crash-N-Cortex

Goo is one of favorite characters on Foster's, so I glad to see her in upcoming Foster's episodes.

Crash-N-Cortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:49 AM   #155
FostersFriend
At Home

Mac & Bloo - Buddies For Life  

I think Goo can be really helpfull when the time is needed. She has her own creative ways to figure things out. Example was when Cheese was the only one to know the security code, she was pretty smart to know that dancing would help him call out the security code sounds. And thank goodness she has an active imagination, Bloo and Mac would have gotten in alot of trouble if it wasn't for those two imaginary friends she made of them. (Wonder who asdopted them?)

But yeah Goo has her moments.

FostersFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:54 PM   #156
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

Well, I for one would love to see her as a main character, but I can see why they might not want to do that. After all, she's not everyone's cup of tea. Although the same could be said for all the main characters, those are the ones that were there from the start, and attracted people to the show. So if people like her so much, there should be a show with her (or someone like her) in a more starring role (though not THE star, that just wouldn't work for Goo) which is seperate from Fosters, so that people who dislike her aren't forced to see her every episode. And a show with Goo as a main character would probably rock!

So, in conclusion, I think you guys are maybe a bit harsh on Goo, but that's your opinion and I'm fine with that. More Goo for the rest of us.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:30 AM   #157
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3rD4n View Post
Well, I for one would love to see her as a main character, but I can see why they might not want to do that. After all, she's not everyone's cup of tea. Although the same could be said for all the main characters, those are the ones that were there from the start, and attracted people to the show. So if people like her so much, there should be a show with her (or someone like her) in a more starring role (though not THE star, that just wouldn't work for Goo) which is seperate from Fosters, so that people who dislike her aren't forced to see her every episode. And a show with Goo as a main character would probably rock!
A show with Goo as a main character would probably give me dangerously high blood pressure.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:01 PM   #158
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
A show with Goo as a main character would probably give me dangerously high blood pressure.
Or a brain hemorrhage. Sorry, but I think a show like that would be very hard to take. I liked Goo in "Go Goo Go" but for me it's been all downhill from there.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:14 PM   #159
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Or a brain hemorrhage. Sorry, but I think a show like that would be very hard to take. I liked Goo in "Go Goo Go" but for me it's been all downhill from there.

I've really enjoyed all Goo's contributions because she's pure cartoonism but I would happily compromise a few less appearances for a couple of properly Goo-heavy episodes. An entire show at that pace may be rather taxing for the average viewer.

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:57 PM   #160
cartman414
At Home

Has too much time on his hands. Er, hooves.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by koosie View Post
I've really enjoyed all Goo's contributions because she's pure cartoonism but I would happily compromise a few less appearances for a couple of properly Goo-heavy episodes. An entire show at that pace may be rather taxing for the average viewer.
And quite possibly the animation team as well. She defines near-perpetual motion with a bit of crazy contortion, especially due to her long, swinging limbs. Grey DeLisle is crazy to be able to keep up with her.
cartman414 is offline   Reply With Quote