Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Old 08-29-2006, 05:20 PM   #141
Sims Katie
Settling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
... based on the incorrect notion that only boys can be into sports, like basketball. That is simply untrue.
I never said that, I just said she didn't seem like the type.

Mac's mother is such a minor character that in many ways she's more like a plot device. And whether you agree with me or not, I don't think think she's Wilt's creator. I think its going to be someone we've never met.

Sprinkle sprinkle little bar
What I wonder is a cat... keeshh
Sims Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 06:40 PM   #142
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sims Katie View Post
I never said that, I just said she didn't seem like the type.

Mac's mother is such a minor character that in many ways she's more like a plot device. And whether you agree with me or not, I don't think think she's Wilt's creator. I think its going to be someone we've never met.
I never claimed that YOU said that, now did I? I DID say that whoever wrote that summary on Wikipedia.com is the ONLY source claiming that Wilt's creator was male, and that this person most likely based that notion on a belief that only a boy could be that much into sports to have created an IF that was also into a particular sport. What would be the reasoning, after all, for insisting that Wilt's creator HAS to be male, when there's been no evidence pointing to one gender over the other? My little hypothesis that Wilt was created by Mac's mom is just that-a hypothesis-though there is as much evidence to point in that direction as there is pointing towards his creator having been male by default. People's tastes and priorities change, often drastically, as they grow up. Things that meant a lot to a person when they were a kid often cease to have any importance to them as adults. Whoever created Wilt as a child might very well have been really obsessed with basketball, or a particular basketball player, but as time progressed, and that person grew up, began dating, got married, had kids, had to get a job, buy or rent a home, buy a car, and all the other hassels that are part of being an adult, that basketball obsession might very well become a dim and faded childhood memory...like his/her Imaginary Friend. I can say from personal experience that many of the things that were VERY important to me as a child, are all but forgotten now, and that most people who meet me probably would never figure me for "the type" to have liked those things at any point in my life.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:33 PM   #143
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
People's tastes and priorities change, often drastically, as they grow up. Things that meant a lot to a person when they were a kid often cease to have any importance to them as adults.
I can vouch for that; whenever I was little, I wanted to be a ballerina SO bad. Now I'm just like "Eh... ballerina... no thanks."

I just came up with a theory, and I'm sorry if it might have been mentioned before, but what if Wilt got abandoned by accident? Like maybe for some reason he and his creator got separated by accident and he was left thinking he or she abandoned him and the creator was left thinking that Wilt didn't like him or her anymore. I mean, this would be especially plausible if they had just had some sort of argument or misunderstanding or something. That would also kind of explain why the creator never came to Foster's... maybe they created Wilt somewhat in their image (abandoned or not, you can tell that he was a pretty nice guy to begin with) and is extremely careful not to tread on others' feelings and therefore doesn't want to "bother" him if they think he's happier there without them.

While it of course doesn't explain the injuries (they could have happened anywhere in between separation and Foster's), it could explain Wilt's abandonment issues and weakness to become a door mat to just about anyone... he might not want to make others angry with him for fear of being forsaken at the drop of a hat again.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:59 AM   #144
Sims Katie
Settling In

That's also possible, scary.

Another idea is that his creator isn't unkind but simply outgrew imaginary friends and doesn't think about him. Wilt's been at Foster's for almost 20 years, so whoever imagined him would be an adult now. Imaginary friends would be the last thing on their mind (Look at Imaginary Man and Nemesister. Their creators did come back, but not until they were already grown up with children of their own, and only because they heard about the friends again)

Sprinkle sprinkle little bar
What I wonder is a cat... keeshh
Sims Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:22 AM   #145
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sims Katie View Post
That's also possible, scary.

Another idea is that his creator isn't unkind but simply outgrew imaginary friends and doesn't think about him. Wilt's been at Foster's for almost 20 years, so whoever imagined him would be an adult now. Imaginary friends would be the last thing on their mind (Look at Imaginary Man and Nemesister. Their creators did come back, but not until they were already grown up with children of their own, and only because they heard about the friends again)

Yeah, and the episode called much attention to how unusual it was for adults to reclaim their Imaginary Friends from childhood, too. Frankie was so stunned that it was like she didn't know quite how to react, and no doubt in her years at Foster's she has seen it all, when it comes to adoptions and abandonment.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 06:00 AM   #146
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Now, arn't we all making up thoughts on how Wilt's past could've gone, who wants to vote on who you think is right?

Last edited by antgirl1; 08-30-2006 at 06:01 AM.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:13 AM   #147
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
Now, arn't we all making up thoughts on how Wilt's past could've gone, who wants to vote on who you think is right?
I don't want to vote because I've found in my 18 years of living that I'm usually wrong... I seriously can't even predict movies very well!

Plus, I don't want to consider anyone correct at this moment or come to expect anything, because whenever November comes, I want it to be a total surprise. You know the feeling - it'd be like opening a Christmas present after making guesses at it all season long, and some of the guesses may have been right, so it's just not that huge of a shocker anymore.

Not that I'm saying that GWH isn't going to be huge to me (it is!), but I still want to keep myself from guessing TOO much.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:53 AM   #148
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Oh, I see. What if it turns out to be something we never thought of? That would rock. XD
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:48 PM   #149
x_dummkoff_x
Riku

floccinaucinihilipilification  

Send a message via AIM to x_dummkoff_x Send a message via MSN to x_dummkoff_x Send a message via Yahoo to x_dummkoff_x

but don't you think that we've already thought about pretty much everything?
I mean,
what else could there be?
well, I could be wrong, of course.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:33 PM   #150
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_dummkoff_x View Post
but don't you think that we've already thought about pretty much everything?
I mean,
what else could there be?
well, I could be wrong, of course.
And yet, there's always something you haven't thought of. And when there is, they will use it. That is the beauty of Foster's.

....Or maybe I'm just unobservant, considering I practically never see the endings coming....