Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 05-17-2008, 05:13 PM   #1481
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

i just finished watching the first two indiana jones movies (raiders of the lost ark and the temple of doom) for the first time. uh, wow. awsome movies, im not sure witch one was better. ill probably watch the third one tommorrow.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:51 PM   #1482
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

YAY! Another Indiana Jones fan is born... *Laughs evily*

I just watched Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem .
It was okay, way better than the pieces of crap known as AVP, Alien 3 & Alien Resurrection. Though I wish they'd use the Predator theme & the main Predator shouldn't of died, he was awesome. Since I'm a Predator fan more than Alien, I'm glad the Predator was the pwner this time around. If I had to rank the Alien/Predator films it'd be like this:

1. Predator
2. Aliens
3. Alien
4. Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem
5. Predator 2
(Here's where the crap starts)
6. Alien vs. Predator
7. Alien: Resurrection
8. Alien 3

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 04:35 AM   #1483
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

The other night I was feeling ill, and for some odd reason when I am in that state my TV remote always tends to land on some pretty cruddy programming. (I dunno misery loves company, I suppose.)

Anyways in this case it was the third Austin Powers movie "Goldmember" which I can say in it's defense is one of the most environmentally conscious movies I have ever seen, as it contains 98 percent recycled material from the previous two films in the series.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:36 AM   #1484
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
The other night I was feeling ill, and for some odd reason when I am in that state my TV remote always tends to land on some pretty cruddy programming. (I dunno misery loves company, I suppose.)

Anyways in this case it was the third Austin Powers movie "Goldmember" which I can say in it's defense is one of the most environmentally conscious movies I have ever seen, as it contains 98 percent recycled material from the previous two films in the series.
That was solid gold.

I never saw any of the Austin Powers movies from start to finish. I tried the first one but really wasn't enjoying it and wandered off to another channel. The second I've seen bits and pieces but that's it; all I saw of the third were the commercials when it first came out. Just not something that interests me.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:23 AM   #1485
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
That was solid gold.

I never saw any of the Austin Powers movies from start to finish. I tried the first one but really wasn't enjoying it and wandered off to another channel. The second I've seen bits and pieces but that's it; all I saw of the third were the commercials when it first came out. Just not something that interests me.
Like the Wayne's World flicks, they're hardly the greatest movies in the world, but they can be a whole lot of fun if you're in the right frame of mind. Every so often, I do hear rumours of a fourth one being in the works, which I do think would be stretching it a bit, particularly since, as t pointed out, by the third outing they were clearly straining themselves for fresh material - that said, the opening sequence to Goldmember is quite easily the funniest of the trio. And who doesn't love Michael Caine?

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 05-18-2008 at 08:31 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:15 PM   #1486
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Devin's Ghost

I have just returned from ACEN (Anime Central 2008) and it was $#@%ing AWESOME!!! I happened across this movie at one of the movie rooms in the con, its a horror movie starring former POWER RANGER ACTORS (one of which happened to be an actual guest at the con). Karen Ashley (Aisha) and Johnny Yong Bosch (Adam aka Vash the stampede's VA).

The movie was so bad it was hysterical! It was a cheesy horror movie supposedly meant to be cheesy and bad, as one guy next to me it was "wonderfully craptacular". It was about a Jason Voorhees style killer who killed people with a buzz saw attached baseball bat in a baseball uniform. The movie was full of cheese and joy, plus, I got Karen Ashley's photo with me AND n autographed power ranger photo needless to say I had fun!
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:39 PM   #1487
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Shoot 'Em Up

I just purchased the DVD today, and I seriously don't see anything bad about this film. Clive Owen really kicked ass and provided most of the fun (eg; after shoving a carrot through a guy's mouth and back out the other side: 'Eat your vegetables'). I really enjoyed the sequences, in particular the rooftop shootout. That was fun!
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:22 AM   #1488
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

The Birthday Party

The 1968 cinematic version of Harold Pinter's classic drama about a seemingly innocent "birthday party" which escalates into a full-blown nightmare for its subject, a mysterious man named Stanley who, having sought refuge in a seedy seaside boarding house for several years, is suddenly shaken by the arrival of two equally mysterious (and totally malevolent) strangers. I'm presently preparing to write a dissertation upon some of Pinter's theatre and, having known about this movie version for years, decided finally to check it out. The 1986 TV film is the version I'd always been more familiar with up until now, and do still prefer to some extent, though this one certainly offers a greater and more interesting array of camera angles and techniques. While I do still have to favour the portrayal of Meg in the 1986 version, I did like this one's depiction of Stanley just that little bit better - he came across as being more vulnerable here, and thus more sympathetic - and Goldberg and McCann were properly terrifying. All in all, I'd say it was a fine adaptation of this fascinating play, its greatest strength perhaps being its depiction of Stanley's forlorn surroundings, which were fabulously drab.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 05-20-2008 at 01:16 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:27 PM   #1489
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekylljuice View Post
And who doesn't love Michael Caine?
Darn right, which is why one of the last movies I saw was the original "Italian Job" from 1969, an awesome little caper flick with some funny bits, some excellent stunt work (The Mini chase is one of all time best movie car chases ever.) a superb score by Quincy Jones and of course one of the best cliffhanger (and I use the term cliffhanger in the most literal sense) endings in all of moviedom.

That was followed by Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie, which got a recent re-release on DVD a couple weeks ago (which is a good thing, as first run copies of the movie on DVD/VHS are very rare.) I always hold a special place in my heart for this film as it was my first exposure to MST3K. (The show itself never officially aired on any Canadian channel.) So it served as a nice introduction to movie riffdom 101. And I have been hooked ever since.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:33 AM   #1490
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
Darn right, which is why one of the last movies I saw was the original "Italian Job" from 1969, an awesome little caper flick with some funny bits, some excellent stunt work (The Mini chase is one of all time best movie car chases ever.) a superb score by Quincy Jones and of course one of the best cliffhanger (and I use the term cliffhanger in the most literal sense) endings in all of moviedom.
Hurrah! That movie's one of my favourites, and I agree completely with everything you said. Thus far, I've been very successful in steering clear of the 2003 remake, though if I do ever opt to sit down and watch it, it'll be primarily to play a game of "Spot the Spider-Man"...since rumour has it that Spidey actually lands himself a couple of extremely fleeting cameo appearences therein, though naturally I couldn't verify that.

Last movie I watched was Spirited Away, at the student cinema. People have been praising the hell out of this film since its release in 2001, and I see little reason to argue with that, nor is there much else I could really add to that voice which won't have been said a million times already. So I'll simply settle for saying that Chihiro/Sen's adventure is as beautiful, courageous and inspirational as they come, and that I love those dust-bunnies. Oh, and it was the Japanese original that we got to watch too, which was gratifying - as dubs go, I think the English dub for Spirited Away is decent enough, but I definitely prefer the original. No need to tack a corny throwaway voiceover gag on at the end - the Japanese original is perfectly happy to let the music and the visuals do all the talking in those final moments, and rightly so.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 05-21-2008 at 11:39 AM.