Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 07-05-2008, 10:59 PM   #1441
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Messes to clean up.

I love having my parents and sister visit me and hosting them to a meal, but whenever they do, there's understandably a whole BUNCH of dishes to do afterward, not to mention my kitchen is all rearranged all of a sudden, and there's even some trash (napkins, empty water bottles, tissues) left around on the floor and furniture. I look around my apartment and am suddenly exhausted. I feel like I JUST cleaned, and now I'm in dire need of cleaning again already.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:47 AM   #1442
L.G.
Melvineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck2k View Post
People who "whoosh" past me on the road like gas is still $2.25 a gallon. I am a proud Prius owner.
Just recently, while I was helping my co-workers collect data for temporary road marking tapes on Interstate 80, the state trooper we hired for the day pulled over a guy in a Prius for speeding in our work zone.
L.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 06:54 PM   #1443
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

YOUTUBE. They now expose people's I.P. addresses just to make sure NO ONE is "Infrindging the copyrights of videos. I'm deleting my account since it has tons of videos that might "infrindge" copyrights. Fosters, and South Park, mainly. :-\ :|

By the way, if they DO find a video that infrindges copyrights, heads will roll, basically.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:06 PM   #1444
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosters home fan View Post
YOUTUBE. They now expose people's I.P. addresses just to make sure NO ONE is "Infrindging the copyrights of videos. I'm deleting my account since it has tons of videos that might "infrindge" copyrights. Fosters, and South Park, mainly. :-\ :|

By the way, if they DO find a video that infrindges copyrights, heads will roll, basically.
Swell. Maybe I should dump the Foster's parade float videos while I have a chance...

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:40 PM   #1445
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Swell. Maybe I should dump the Foster's parade float videos while I have a chance...
Do you have those videos saved? Upload them to Photobucket. This "Rule" doesn't affect Photobucket. And the quality is still good.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:46 PM   #1446
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.G. View Post
Just recently, while I was helping my co-workers collect data for temporary road marking tapes on Interstate 80, the state trooper we hired for the day pulled over a guy in a Prius for speeding in our work zone.
Some people do NOT know how to drive those things. I am a hyper-miler; mine gets 48 to 60 MPG, but I try to eak as much out as I can, and still do the speed limit.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:11 PM   #1447
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosters home fan View Post
Do you have those videos saved? Upload them to Photobucket. This "Rule" doesn't affect Photobucket. And the quality is still good.
I have them on disc but they're in a format that Photobucket doesn't allow. Windows Movie Maker won't touch them either so I can't convert them to anything else. I'll leave it up for now but I trust y'all will understand that I'm a bit worried about it.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 07-06-2008 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Syntax error corrected.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:24 PM   #1448
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Wait, what exactly do you need? The parade videos? I have the originals you know...
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:37 PM   #1449
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.G. View Post
My previous rant was directed to the general public: of course there a few people (such as yourself) that will use SUVs to their full potential and I don't have a problem with that.

However, it's when people buy SUVs just to be hip or to avoid the "dreaded minivan" that I get agitated. The soccer mom image now applies to SUVs too...if not more so. If someone wants an SUV with 4WD for all-weather purposes, there are affordable alternatives. And while gas mileage has improved among SUVs, cars still get better due to lower curb weights, better aerodynamics, and don't require a big engine to keep up with traffic. In emergency situations, I'm not sure if a bigger SUV can change directions so quickly without resulting in a rollover.

And please realize that this rant is coming from a guy who will never go off-road, is happy with FWD or RWD, and has never liked driving big vehicles.

you really have to watch out for big pickups... i've noticed that alot of them just pull right out or stop wherever like they own the road.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:30 PM   #1450
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

I just spent a nightmarish 90 minutes trying to get online with my main system. It's working now but earlier it refused to have anything to do with the internet; neither of my browsers would work, no sites were accessible, etc. The laptop worked okay but the main system was completely cut off. I have no idea what the problem was or why it's working now but by the stars it was incredibly frustrating.