Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Old 08-28-2006, 11:18 AM   #121
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sims Katie View Post
Probably Bloo or Mac, seeing how they're the main characters....

I absolutely cannot see Wilt telling something that important or serious to Bloo, knowing that Bloo would just blow it off or act totally disinterested. Bloo is simply too immature and too self-centered to be able to sympathize with the physical, mental and emotional trauma that Wilt has been through. It would be like a Vietnam vet and former POW trying to tell of what happened to him to a five-year-old child. Mac would be a bit more understanding, but even still, I am not sure that Wilt would burden an eight-year-old with something of that nature. If he does wind up telling that story, it might be either to an adult he trusts, like Frankie, or perhaps to someone from the press. In either case, though, I don't think that Wilt is going to be able to keep his story a secret for much longer. He's already showing signs that the stress is getting to him.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 01:26 PM   #122
Sims Katie
Settling In

You say "of that nature" without knowing what the that and nature parts really are. It may not be as OMG tragic as we think.

Sprinkle sprinkle little bar
What I wonder is a cat... keeshh
Sims Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 01:41 PM   #123
Tonya
Queen of the Spammed

I'm just ahead of the current.  

Send a message via MSN to Tonya

Yeah, that'd be a good idea, Wilt telling us his problams. I'm just coming up with random thoughts on how the show could start. We do know how stress has been getting to him latley, right? Well, remember in "Where There's a Wilt There's a Way" when he was pressured so much that he went off? Well, he could be under that same kind of pressure again, only this time THIS kind of pressure trigers his emotions from his past, he gets so mad that he practically snaps and blurts out his past in the midst of going off. Like, you know when something bad has happened to you (or you did something), and when the pressure becomes to much, you blurt it out without really meaning to? Then everyone keeps buging him all day about whatever he blurted untill he finally spits it out a little more, taking baby steps. Hmm, this theory kind of reminds me of "Bus the Two of Us", when the pressure became too much it practically drove him insane.
The every kid.
Best female cartoon ever. There should be more of these ladies.
Don't underestimate the power of wuv.
Tonya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 01:45 PM   #124
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sims Katie View Post
You say "of that nature" without knowing what the that and nature parts really are. It may not be as OMG tragic as we think.

We KNOW that Wilt was NOT imagined that way by his creator, and even if he DID lose his arm and eye in an accident, something that could not have been prevented, it is STILL "OMG tragic"! Wilt's behavior, as has been discussed many, many times, is pretty typical for someone who has at least undergone severe physical and emotional trauma of some sort, whether or not it was caused by someone's deliberate act of violence.

pitbulllady
Old 08-28-2006, 02:00 PM   #125
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonya View Post
Yeah, that'd be a good idea, Wilt telling us his problams. I'm just coming up with random thoughts on how the show could start. We do know how stress has been getting to him latley, right? Well, remember in "Where There's a Wilt There's a Way" when he was pressured so much that he went off? Well, he could be under that same kind of pressure again, only this time THIS kind of pressure trigers his emotions from his past, he gets so mad that he practically snaps and blurts out his past in the midst of going off. Like, you know when something bad has happened to you (or you did something), and when the pressure becomes to much, you blurt it out without really meaning to? Then everyone keeps buging him all day about whatever he blurted untill he finally spits it out a little more, taking baby steps. Hmm, this theory kind of reminds me of "Bus the Two of Us", when the pressure became too much it practically drove him insane.
That makes sense. We already know that the movie will start out with the Annual Imaginary Friend/Creators Picnic, and that Wilt's creator will once again fail to show up or respond. However, apparently this has been the case ever since Wilt showed up at Foster's, so just WHY this particular year should be different, and why he will just NOW decide to go find his creator after all this time(what is it, 22 years?) waits to be seen. It does appear, though, that Wilt has been getting closer and closer to "going over the edge" with recent episodes, so apparently he's having trouble dealing with something. Perhaps his frustration at not being able to locate his creator, or the grief of discovering that his creator is deceased, could be the trigger that results in him finally revealing his past to someone.

pitbulllady
Old 08-28-2006, 05:25 PM   #126
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
That makes sense. We already know that the movie will start out with the Annual Imaginary Friend/Creators Picnic, and that Wilt's creator will once again fail to show up or respond. However, apparently this has been the case ever since Wilt showed up at Foster's, so just WHY this particular year should be different, and why he will just NOW decide to go find his creator after all this time(what is it, 22 years?) waits to be seen. It does appear, though, that Wilt has been getting closer and closer to "going over the edge" with recent episodes, so apparently he's having trouble dealing with something. Perhaps his frustration at not being able to locate his creator, or the grief of discovering that his creator is deceased, could be the trigger that results in him finally revealing his past to someone.

pitbulllady
It was maybe because Wilt had lost patance (I know I spelt that wrong) with waiting for his creator to visit, and finally wants to know WHY he/she won't show up. I'd go look for MY family if they never came back for some reason, I'm not an adult, I still need my parents to care for me until I'm old enough to go off by myself. So, I'd understand why he'd go off looking for his creator after so many years of neglect. It happens because they still care about the people who loved/used to love the one in question. I'd do it cuz I care, so he'd probably do it cuz of that as well.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 05:35 PM   #127
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Re "telling stranger on a park bench": He probably wouldn't, but then again, people tell people they've never met on the Internet about serious issues because they don't know them. Or maybe that's not why. Still, I don't think he'd tell Mac or Bloo, as pitbulllady said -- Bloo.... I love him, but he has the attention span of a hummingbird with ADD and isn't the most compassionate person in the world. He'd probably think Mac was too young to hear his story (although, seeing as six-year-olds watch the show and it's on Cartoon Network, I really don't think it could be that bad).
Old 08-28-2006, 05:54 PM   #128
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Nobody's mentioned Madam Foster; she'd be a pretty good choice, I think, to hear his story.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:02 PM   #129
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Yeah, that would be a good way to show the side of her that came out when she decided to make Foster's in the first place. Interesting change from her standard "kooky, sprightly old lady" thing.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:18 PM   #130
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
Someone has mentioned it before and I'll mention it again: Maybe the most trusting person might BE a stranger, like a tharipist. (I know I spelt that wrong)
There's a HUGE difference between a paid, trained therapist and some loon on a park bench, though.

I mean, if I've got something really heavy on MY mind, I don't get in my car and drive to the park to talk about it with some (possible) crazy sitting on the bench. Estimating on Wilt's secretive nature on the subject AND his want to not trouble others, I'd say this is relatvely unlikely.

I could, however, also perhaps see something like what was posted before, about how he might accidentally let it slip during an outburst.