Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 08-23-2008, 09:07 AM   #111
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

"Things that have made my day" - When is that going to happen? I wish I could have one of those; the kind where everyone cared about me, or even said "good job."
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:18 AM   #112
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Cheer up, Duckers. You know we all care about you here.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:27 AM   #113
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

We're here if you need us, dude.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:34 PM   #114
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
Cheer up, Duckers. You know we all care about you here.
Truer words have yet to be spoken. We care about you Ducky. And I know you have an awesome guitar collection, and no doubt create some amazing music, too.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:48 AM   #115
Bloo2daMacs
Banned

THE REFORMER...  

My friend showed me this commercial. Truly the most amazing and wonderful thing I've seen in a while. It certainly made my day.
Bloo2daMacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:05 AM   #116
L.G.
Melvineer

Someone in my steel structure class pointed out a math error in our syllabus: the total percentage points added up to 115% instead of 100%. Oh my...
L.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 01:10 PM   #117
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Arrow Gamers Bill of Rights

Found this on the site that my sig leads to:

Quote:
Chris Taylor, CEO and founder of Gas Powered Games, expressed support for the Bill of Rights, which Stardock enumerates as:

* Gamers shall have the right to return games that don’t work with their computers for a full refund.
* Gamers shall have the right to demand that games be released in a finished state.
* Gamers shall have the right to expect meaningful updates after a game’s release.
* Gamers shall have the right to demand that download managers and updaters not force themselves to run or be forced to load in order to play a game.
* Gamers shall have the right to expect that the minimum requirements for a game will mean that the game will play adequately on that computer.
* Gamers shall have the right to expect that games won’t install hidden drivers or other potentially harmful software without their consent.
* Gamers shall have the right to re-download the latest versions of the games they own at any time.
* Gamers shall have the right to not be treated as potential criminals by developers or publishers.
* Gamers shall have the right to demand that a single-player game not force them to be connected to the Internet every time they wish to play.
* Gamers shall have the right that games which are installed to the hard drive shall not require a CD/DVD to remain in the drive to play.
Sounds like a pretty dang good idea to me.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 02:47 PM   #118
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

I recently picked up this, in a charity shop for only 50p. I seriously think it's one of the coolest things ever:

It's a rat made entirely out of metal. Plus it's wearing a little custom (I presume) scarf, which is random, but darling. I got it last week when I was visiting my parents. At first glance they didn't want me to buy it, since they mistook its metalic body for some kind of cheap brush, but I liked it, so I went ahead and bought it any way, and once they'd had a better chance to look at it and absorb its true resplendence, they finally had to admit that they liked it after all. Huzzah!

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 03:09 PM   #119
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Cool! Is it die-cast? I've got a die-cast cat with a spring neck that'd like your rat! Actually it reminds me a little of Fingermouse, which used to pass for entertainment on TV in a more innocent age:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9QOXK0oxW4

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 03:21 PM   #120
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by koosie View Post
Cool! Is it die-cast? I've got a die-cast cat with a spring neck that'd like your rat! Actually it reminds me a little of Fingermouse, which used to pass for entertainment on TV in a more innocent age:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9QOXK0oxW4
Thanks, Koosie! And you know, you're the first person I've encountered in ages who actually remembers Fingermouse too. That also goes some way toward making my day! I loved Fingermouse as a nipper, and he has no trouble passing for entertainment for me even today - in the late 80s, I even sent off for one of those instruction sheets which told you how to make your own.

It wasn't until many years later that I discovered that Fingermouse, as I used to watch it, had actually been a spin-off of an earlier show called Fingerbobs. There are some pretty nasty rumours regarding the final episode of that show, which claim that presenter Rick Jones went slightly mad and started destroying the beloved puppets while the camera was still rolling...if so, then I highly doubt that any of that footage was ever aired, despite what popular legend might dictate. That Fingermouse got a spin-off obviously proves that he survived Jones's alleged attempts to murder him by drowning him in a cup of coffee.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 09-01-2008 at 04:43 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote