Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 11-30-2007, 05:18 PM   #1171
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I liked Narnia. At times it felt like it was trying to be LOTR but that's just my personal feeling. I absolutely loved how they pulled off the centaurs since they're one of my favorite mythical creatures. And Liam Neeson was as great as always as Aslan.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:51 PM   #1172
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
I liked Narnia. At times it felt like it was trying to be LOTR but that's just my personal feeling. I absolutely loved how they pulled off the centaurs since they're one of my favorite mythical creatures. And Liam Neeson was as great as always as Aslan.
Its funny you should say that because Tolken (author of Lord of the Rings) and C.S. Lewis (author of Narnia) were roommates in college. They both shared ideas both their own personal little worlds, and both were big pot heads I was told as well.

Funny thing is they actually hated each other's worlds. Not sure why. So in fact Narnia wasn't trying to be Lord of the Rings, they were both pretty close to each other's creation date.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:57 AM   #1173
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Its funny you should say that because Tolken (author of Lord of the Rings) and C.S. Lewis (author of Narnia) were roommates in college. They both shared ideas both their own personal little worlds, and both were big pot heads I was told as well.

Funny thing is they actually hated each other's worlds. Not sure why. So in fact Narnia wasn't trying to be Lord of the Rings, they were both pretty close to each other's creation date.
What I meant was that it felt like the movie of Narnia was trying to cash in on the success that the LOTR movies had. But it is very cool that the two worked together when they were creating their worlds.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:16 AM   #1174
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

The only thing that particularly stood out for me about the recent Narnia movie was the kamikaze pheonix who shows up during the climactic battle sequence, sets himself ablaze and then dives down on top of his enemies. I must admit that in the context of the film itself it felt a little OTT, but I thought that it was a pretty neat concept on its own.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:35 AM   #1175
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekylljuice View Post
The only thing that particularly stood out for me about the recent Narnia movie was the kamikaze pheonix who shows up during the climactic battle sequence, sets himself ablaze and then dives down on top of his enemies. I must admit that in the context of the film itself it felt a little OTT, but I thought that it was a pretty neat concept on its own.
maybe he was a suicide bomber phoenix?

"Dirka Dirka JIHAD!"
Old 12-02-2007, 04:41 PM   #1176
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

The Big Lebowski. Fantastic movie, though I'm the lost person to ask for an unbiased view of a Coen Brothers film. I especially love the final sequence between the Dude, Walter, and the Nihilists.

Of the films out there, I'm really wanting to see Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, No Country For Old Men, and The Mist. I especially want to see No Country for Old Men because, again, I'm a big fan of the Coen brothers, and I'm currently reading the book, which is awesome. I want to see "The Mist", because I loved King's original novella, but I'm hesitant to go see it because no movie based off a Stephen King film has ever done justice to the source material, the only exceptions being The Green Mile and the original Children of the Corn.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:39 PM   #1177
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathander View Post
I want to see "The Mist", because I loved King's original novella, but I'm hesitant to go see it because no movie based off a Stephen King film has ever done justice to the source material, the only exceptions being The Green Mile and the original Children of the Corn.
Then your fears are severely misplaced because this film does GREAT justice to King's work, I feel though other King films have done justice but trust me, Mist is MAGNIFICENT. It's not only the best King adaptation I've ever seen, its the BEST film I have seen of all 2007. Its absolutely beautiful.

Its intense, well acted, well paced, and the ending is so freaking jaw dropping, that alone is worth seeing the film. If there is ever any film that has come out this year or any other that I feel is truly worth your hard earned cash, The Mist is certainly one of them.

The last film I saw by the way was Metropolis, the anime one naturally.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:33 AM   #1178
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

The Muppet Christmas Carol

That's right, I have a real soft spot for this movie. There have been so many spins and variations upon the original Dickens novel that I already knew the basic story inside out when I first saw this film at the age of 8, but there's something about this version which has always helped it to stand out above the competition. It has warmth, spirit, a lot of good-natured humour, a really catchy selection of songs (Waldorf and Statler as the Marleys...ooh yes), a genuinely chilling Ghost of Christmas Yet-To-Come and, last but certainly not least, Michael Caine as Ebenezer Scrooge. I'm not overly big on holiday films, but this lovely little flick is definitely an integral staple of December viewing.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 12-03-2007 at 12:53 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:27 AM   #1179
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

the first half of Red Dawn

John Milius is God

"So...who is on our side?"

"600 million screaming Chinamen."

"...i thought there was a billion screaming Chinamen?"

"...there was..."
Old 12-03-2007, 06:21 PM   #1180
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

year without a santa claus.

part of my top seven christmas movies. always a good movie to watch.