Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 03-07-2008, 10:59 AM   #1101
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I totally agree on that Nihilism thing, it just sounds like such a miserably, depressive, narrow minded life style to live by. Something that severely pisses me off is people who constantly bad mouth the United States and can't say anything good about it and do nothing b*tch b*tch and B*TCH!

They think its so miserable here they complain about gun laws, school systems, prices of everything, how every city is filled with murderers, killers, and rapists and all the other countries like Canada and Japan are SO much better then us. I can't stand people who constantly have to tell me how "this nation sucks".

Then move to another country or place, or better yet, move to a country where your opinions are suppressed and that way you can realize how good you had it over here. I cannot stand hearing about the same old garbage about how this nation is going down the drain, if you don't like it then leave, pure and simple.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:25 PM   #1102
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I'm with ya there, Mr.M. Whenever I hear someone comment on how "bad" the U.S. is I more often than not reply with a "It could be a heck of a lot worse". It just seems ungrateful to me when Americans hate their own country. The grass is always greener I guess...
Old 03-07-2008, 12:55 PM   #1103
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

I cannot stand those types, either, Mr. M. Americans that constantly say how they dislike the U.S. should be definitely pack their bags and leave. Just my opinion.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+

Last edited by One Radical Dude; 03-07-2008 at 12:55 PM.
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:07 PM   #1104
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I mean don't get me wrong, the US has made bad choices and things are by no means picture perfect. But I get sick and tired of all these pompous cry babies who preach how miserable the United States has become just because they saw "Bowling for Columbine" and believe everything that Michael Moore says in it.

That Canada and Russia doesn't have school shootings, and they don't feel the need to lock their doors just like in "Bowling" and this CONSTANT I repeat CONSTANT suspicion that our government is the evil sinister Lex Luthor society where they are "apparently" screwing us all from behind in secrecy or something.

If this country is such a crap hole then leave or be quiet about it, nobody wants to hear you bad mouth the place everyone takes for granted.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:43 PM   #1105
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

i would now like very much to shake Mr. Marshmallows hand
Old 03-07-2008, 02:54 PM   #1106
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Oh crumbs. Just in the interest of balance, isn't it a good thing to have opposing points of view in a democratic society? This 'get out if you don't like it thing' sounds frankly belligerent and frightening and makes me glad I don't live in your nation as I constantly bitch about my government and the suits behind them but I'm also aware that they're part of the mechanisms that keep civilisation stable, the one I participate in. So would I get kicked out of your country?

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 03:12 PM   #1107
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I need Nathander to re-read the section of the FAQ regarding swearing. -_- You guys may be in the Off-Topic section but you are still on Never Forgotten.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 03:20 PM   #1108
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I need Nathander to re-read the section of the FAQ regarding swearing. -_- You guys may be in the Off-Topic section but you are still on Never Forgotten.
Done and done. Sorry Sparky, I'll watch my mouth from now on.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:29 PM   #1109
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by koosie View Post
Oh crumbs. Just in the interest of balance, isn't it a good thing to have opposing points of view in a democratic society? This 'get out if you don't like it thing' sounds frankly belligerent and frightening and makes me glad I don't live in your nation as I constantly bitch about my government and the suits behind them but I'm also aware that they're part of the mechanisms that keep civilisation stable, the one I participate in. So would I get kicked out of your country?

Well, I don't know about the others, but I was thinking of the people who are so virulently "America SUX!" that they won't let you say anything positive. At all.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:43 PM   #1110
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by koosie View Post
I'm not against opposing views, and I've been critical of the U.S. government. I'm talking about the morons that constantly say they hate their country repeatedly without giving others a chance to explain why he/she loves the country. I mean seriously, if I didn't like my country, I would work on trying to leave. I feel as if I'm being labeled as an extremist.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+

Last edited by One Radical Dude; 03-07-2008 at 06:48 PM.
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote