Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Old 06-26-2007, 05:27 PM   #1071
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

I'm about as short sighted as you can get and even I can play basketball without my glasses. It's not too hard to see a giant ball, it's more required to see print, or faces with any detail. Also, Wilt is likely not too short sighted, since he doesn't wear glasses all the time.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:42 PM   #1072
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3rD4n View Post
I'm about as short sighted as you can get and even I can play basketball without my glasses. It's not too hard to see a giant ball, it's more required to see print, or faces with any detail. Also, Wilt is likely not too short sighted, since he doesn't wear glasses all the time.
My Dad's short sited, but only has to wear his glasses when he's driving, but I suppose it's kind of impossible to tell just what is wrong with Wilt's sight (aside from being blind in one eye, of course), since we can't see what he sees.
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:47 AM   #1073
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyre View Post
My Dad's short sited, but only has to wear his glasses when he's driving, but I suppose it's kind of impossible to tell just what is wrong with Wilt's sight (aside from being blind in one eye, of course), since we can't see what he sees.
Try covering up one eye and doing things like threading a needle, to see how loss of vision in one eye affects your binocular vision. Try reading that way, and see how much it can affect the rate and speed at which you read, and what printed words will begin to look like after several minutes.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:50 AM   #1074
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
Try covering up one eye and doing things like threading a needle, to see how loss of vision in one eye affects your binocular vision. Try reading that way, and see how much it can affect the rate and speed at which you read, and what printed words will begin to look like after several minutes.

pitbulllady
I can't thread a needle with BOTH eyes open, my hands are FAR to shaky.

I tried the reading thing, and my reading was a lot slower, and after a few minutes it started to go blurry and I ended up getting a bit of head ache so I had to stop.

I wonder how hard it was and how long it took for Wilt to get used to only being able to use one eye.
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:10 PM   #1075
ptps
At Home

Best Friends Forever  

Um, all that aside XDD; I was re-watching the first season eps again and I realized that even Wilt's voice has changed since his premiere. (Bloo's voice has obviously gone through the most change, as has Mac's) Wilt's voice used to be clearer and a bit more... I'm not sure how to put this. Just listen to his earlier eps and you'll know XD; His current voice seems to have turned slightly lower, a little bit husky and also kind of... more gentle, I guess, for a way to put it.

While I don't mind the current voice I do kind of like the old one too It had a bit more edge to it. Ah well.
ptps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:43 PM   #1076
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Haha, husky? Nice term. XD

Not only that, but it seemed to have a little more..."ka-chow" to it in some way.

Last edited by antgirl1; 07-17-2007 at 02:44 PM.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:32 PM   #1077
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

I was thinking that same thing-that Wilt's voice has a bit more of a rougher "edge" to it now. I really like that, actually, since it's more in keeping with his not-so-pleasant past. Plus, when you think of all the emotions he's kept neatly bottled up inside, which boiled to the surface during the last season, that probably would account for the change in voice, too. You can REALLY hear that "edge" in "Bus the Two of Us", and in those end credits of Good Wilt Hunting(still arguably one of the funniest things I've ever seen on tv, period).

pitbulllady
Old 07-20-2007, 07:01 AM   #1078
basilsunshine
Settling In
I get by with a little help from my friends.  

Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma. I'm native american. & no, it's not a farm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
I was thinking that same thing-that Wilt's voice has a bit more of a rougher "edge" to it now. I really like that, actually, since it's more in keeping with his not-so-pleasant past. Plus, when you think of all the emotions he's kept neatly bottled up inside, which boiled to the surface during the last season, that probably would account for the change in voice, too. You can REALLY hear that "edge" in "Bus the Two of Us", and in those end credits of Good Wilt Hunting(still arguably one of the funniest things I've ever seen on tv, period).

pitbulllady
What was on the credits? I don't think I remember.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:46 AM   #1079
ptps
At Home

Best Friends Forever  

Wilt got invited to one of Jordan's games and he went totally mad XD He was acting like a crazed fan all the way and the other's were kind of annoyed but too polite to tell him off XD

Wilt: "OHH YEAH! GO, JORDAN!!! ...HEY! THAT'S A FOUL! Back it up, friend; back it up. .....THREE! THAT'S THREE!! DID YOU SEE THAT?! DID YOU SEE THAT?! ...HEY, COME ON! ...HEY, BACK UP OFF THE DEAL A LITTLE BIT! THIS IS A NON-CONTACT SPORT, MY FRIEND!!"

The last bit always cracks me up XDDD
ptps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:03 AM   #1080
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptps View Post
Wilt got invited to one of Jordan's games and he went totally mad XD He was acting like a crazed fan all the way and the other's were kind of annoyed but too polite to tell him off XD

Wilt: "OHH YEAH! GO, JORDAN!!! ...HEY! THAT'S A FOUL! Back it up, friend; back it up. .....THREE! THAT'S THREE!! DID YOU SEE THAT?! DID YOU SEE THAT?! ...HEY, COME ON! ...HEY, BACK UP OFF THE DEAL A LITTLE BIT! THIS IS A NON-CONTACT SPORT, MY FRIEND!!"

The last bit always cracks me up XDDD
Yeah, me too! Wilt was just like one of those crazed "sports parents" you often hear about in the news, that go ballistic at their kids' matches, whether it's soccer, or baseball or basketball, or whatever, and wind up beating the snot out of the ref/umpire or another parent of a kid on the opposing team. Wilt was trying to obviously be a backup coach, as well, and probably didn't make any friends among the pro-basketball referees that night. The others with him were giving him this, "do I KNOW this guy?" look, since it was such a departure from his usually laid-back demeanor, lol! He was just really being the quintessential loud, obnoxious sports fan.

pitbulllady