Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:22 AM   #1021
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

The Ant Bully. I love this movie-- it has a beautiful opening theme, great voice cast, fantastic story line. I very highly recommend it.
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 07:53 PM   #1022
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerostarMonk View Post
Tetsuo: The Iron Man

This movie is pure deranged fun in the weirdest way possible. It is probably one of the most surreal experiences I've ever had. I have no idea what was going on, I'm still not all too clear of what actually happened, and it was exhausting. And I loved every freakin' minute of it.
Tetsuo is a fantastic movie. Of course, I love surrealism and abstraction to begin with, but still....
(By the by, avoid Tetsuo 2: Body Hammer, which was a "remake" he made to make the film more accessible. It's a much more accessible film, but it's nowhere near the work of art the first one was.)

The last film I saw was the old 1950s "House on Haunted Hill", starring Vincent Price. Mmmm, Vincent Price; you were a king among B-actors, my friend. May your name never leave the American subconscious.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:12 PM   #1023
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Cats Don't Dance

This is in my honest opinion the greatest non Disney toon movie I have ever laid my eyes upon. I absolutely loved this movie and I cannot stop loving it. The characters are great, the songs are even greater and the animation is amazing.

Most toon movies that are not Disney related usually don't do too well outside of Don Bluth's work. But still, this movie is beyond kick ass, I HIGHLY recommend it. Funny fact also, Fosters writer Lauren Faust is one of the head animators for the main female toon lead in this movie, Sawyer Cat.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 08:58 PM   #1024
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Titanic -the 1953 version

I've seen it before many, many years ago. Having an avid interest in all things Edwardian (roughly the post-Victorian era of 1901 to the start of WWI in 1914*), I've studied all aspects of life in said era for no other reason but that I'm fascinated by it and enjoy it immensely, and find myself to be quite the critic of movies set during those times. I find it fun being a critic of historical accuracy, and especially fashion. Given that many survivors were still alive when the movie was made, there was surprisingly a lot of accuracy. But I don't think they did as much research on it as was done in the latest film (1997 w/ Leo and Kate). I'll probably always like the latest movie best, unless by chance a better and even more accurate one is done in the future.

*King Edward actually died in 1911, but many historians consider the following few years "late-Edwardian", so even though the H.M.S. Titanic sank in 1912, it's still considered to be the "Edwardian" era.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 12:28 AM   #1025
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Kim Possible: So The Drama

I needed a break from Foster's (hey, it happens, sue me) but I wanted to spend it with animated characters that I like, and I really wasn't in the mood for a Scooby-Doo movie. So The Drama is a classic. Kim and Ron are two very likable, believable characters, the plot is well written, the dialog is sharp and witty without being irritating, and Dr. Drakken is still the funniest, most over-the-top lunatic villain in Disney history. Best $14.99 I ever spent on an animated DVD; it's worth at least ten times that in entertainment value.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 10-08-2007 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Typo corrected.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 06:42 AM   #1026
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

"Among Us" was on Space yesterday and I gave it a watch. It had some great laugh out loud moments and "Bigfoot stole my six pack" is a great little song!
Old 10-08-2007, 10:32 PM   #1027
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Mirrormask

Horrors of Spider Island

The latter was done through a Mystery Science Theater 3000 viewing. I always liked Mirrormask, for a fantasty wonderland style movie I was shocked that no one else really picked up on what a simple, sweet, and exotic movie this is.

Spider island though was hilarious. It was fun to watch MST3K comments aside and it sure had a lot of interesting "visuals" for a movie of this age .
Old 10-09-2007, 09:29 AM   #1028
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Spider island though was hilarious. It was fun to watch MST3K comments aside and it sure had a lot of interesting "visuals" for a movie of this age .
Cheesy monster flicks are a blast in a half! Have you ever seen "8 Legged Freaks", Mr.M? It's a great little spider movie.
I'm actually looking forward to some classic horror and monster movies (I can't believe I just said that) that will no doubt be aired to celebrate Halloween. One that I'd really like to see is "Nosferatu". After reading the original novel of Dracula, I have really grown a desire to see old films that star the Dark Prince.

Last edited by Medikor; 10-11-2007 at 11:05 AM.
Medikor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 01:49 PM   #1029
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

I'll be watching Predator or Jaws. The only horror movies I like. Though I consider both action movies but everyone else calls them horror so oh well.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 02:02 PM   #1030
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
Cheesy monster flicks are a blast in a half! Have you ever "8 Legged Freaks", Mr.M? It's a great little spider movie.
Heh actually I own it .