Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 02-19-2008, 06:54 AM   #1021
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

ther is this guy in gym class who spends the entire 90 minutes insulting me, mostly because im fat :l

people like that are what i hate (and i mean hate.) they are the reason i have a general dislike of humanity.

:l
Old 02-19-2008, 11:57 AM   #1022
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by some guy you dont know View Post
ther is this guy in gym class who spends the entire 90 minutes insulting me, mostly because im fat :l

people like that are what i hate (and i mean hate.) they are the reason i have a general dislike of humanity.

:l
Ooooh, crap. :/ That's why I couldn't be a high school English teacher like I was thinking about for a while (I'd have to go back and get my Masters though). I hated school soooo much that I just couldn't go back there every day to work. Just seeing the way people treat each other at that age. I'd probably end up killing someone.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:37 PM   #1023
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Ah, the joys of school. How I miss those days... much like I miss having food poisoning.

I ran into the two guys who live across the hall from me earlier. One was carrying a case of Budweiser; the other had a jug of cheap vodka. I have a feeling it's going to be a little noisey in their place tonight.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:05 PM   #1024
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Ah, the joys of school. How I miss those days... much like I miss having food poisoning.

I ran into the two guys who live across the hall from me earlier. One was carrying a case of Budweiser; the other had a jug of cheap vodka. I have a feeling it's going to be a little noisey in their place tonight.
on a related not, highschool parties tick me off. They suck. Keystone is not a suitable substitute for real beer.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:00 PM   #1025
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Anti-War Protesters who insult the Soldiers:

Maybe it's the fact that my family has such a long line of service to the armed forces, but this really does bug me. Now, I'm all far protesting in order to get your voice heard, but it bothers me, deeply, that there are people angry at the soldiers in Iraq. Their anger ought to be turned towards the leaders who are sending our soldiers over there; the soldiers want to be out of Iraq just as much as anyone else, as no one WANTS to fight in a war. I can guarantee you that.

People Who Are Given Second Chances:

As harsh as that sounds, hear me out. I'm tired of seeing people who do something wrong in my college, such as academic dishonesty, get a second chance instead of their rightful punishment, like being expelled. I'm someone who doesn't believe in mistakes, or believe that actions taken due to extreme pressure or anxiety should be excused. There's no such thing as an actual second chance in life, so there shouldn't be in any part of it.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:17 PM   #1026
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

Quote:
Originally posted by Partymember:
on a related not, highschool parties tick me off. They suck. Keystone is not a suitable substitute for real beer.
Once again you prove yourself the manliest guy on the forums.

Quote:
Originally posted by Nathander:
there are people angry at the soldiers in Iraq.
Yeah, you should never blame the guy on the bottom of the chain of command. That's like getting mad at gas-station attendants because fuel prices are high. OH WAIT! That actually happens. People can be cruel and unthinking at times, but I think the soldiers there have enough problems (well, except those corrupt ones you see on 60 minutes, those guys are b***rds.)

Quote:
There's no such thing as an actual second chance in life, so there shouldn't be in any part of it.
That DOES in fact sound unneccecarily harsh. I hate malfactors as much as you, but everyone deserves a second chance. After that though, I'm done being nice.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:24 PM   #1027
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3rD4n View Post
Yeah, you should never blame the guy on the bottom of the chain of command. That's like getting mad at gas-station attendants because fuel prices are high. OH WAIT! That actually happens. People can be cruel and unthinking at times, but I think the soldiers there have enough problems (well, except those corrupt ones you see on 60 minutes, those guys are b***rds.)
The only problem I have with those shown on 60 Minutes is that I inherently distrust the media to any degree. As far as I know, the people on 60 Minutes easily could have manipulated/moved the soldiers to respond in certain ways to make them look bad. There's no such thing as a non-biased, or trustworthy, news source, nor has there ever been, unfortunately.

Quote:
That DOES in fact sound unneccecarily harsh. I hate malfactors as much as you, but everyone deserves a second chance. After that though, I'm done being nice.
Here's the thing; if they do it once, they WILL do it again, no matter what you say/do. There's no such thing as a truly reformed person, from what I can tell in my experience.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:35 PM   #1028
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3rD4n View Post
Once again you prove yourself the manliest guy on the forums.

oh God no, ever had a 'stone? Nasty. I applaud those who can drink them. Brave souls, really.

I'm more of a coconut rum guy
Old 02-20-2008, 05:56 AM   #1029
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathander View Post
Here's the thing; if they do it once, they WILL do it again, no matter what you say/do. There's no such thing as a truly reformed person, from what I can tell in my experience.
I don't know, that sounds just a bit too negative to me. Everybody makes mistakes in life (you say that you don't believe in mistakes, but if you're like any other human being, then chances are that you've done things in the past which you're not proud of - I know I have), and I don't believe that it's necessarily fair to automatically write somebody off as incorrigible or to make sweeping judgements about their character as a whole upon the basis of these errors. Otherwise it's in danger of becoming a self-fulfilling prophesy. The only way that any of us can ever be truly be free from the ghosts of our mistakes is if we're given the time and the space to learn and grow from them. True, there may be some folks who prove themselves sadly incapable of utilising that time and space, but I do not see this as a universal truth myself, or a sound basis from which to dictate how we should allocate our forgiveness as a whole. The quality of mercy is not strained, and all that.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 02-20-2008 at 06:29 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 07:54 AM   #1030
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post

Bleahhh... my neighboring apartment ALWAYS throws parties (on WEEKDAYS mind everyone) with LOUD crappy music that keeps me up. There are always people smoking cigarretes and laughing loudly by my window, keeping me awake!! I figure there is nothing I can do, either, because they live directly next to the apartment manager and she hasn't said anything to them, so why should I go to her and complain whenever she isn't even bothered by them? Like anything's going to get done about it

It's ok though... every time we find something nasty in the fridge, we throw it on their door/doorstep *evil grin*

They know the wrath of month-old Egg Beaters and sweet & sour sauce running down their door

Last edited by scary_dream; 02-20-2008 at 07:54 AM.
scary_dream is offline   Reply With Quote