Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 09-27-2007, 03:16 AM   #1011
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Wild at Heart

One of David Lynch's lesser movies, but a very good watch nonetheless. I'd never realised that Mr. Lynch had such a Wizard of Oz fixation - you've really gotta love that ending.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 07:39 AM   #1012
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
I think you just perfectly summed up my feelings on both Final Fantasy movies 100%.
Yep! I couldn't help feeling that Advent Children was such a cash in that I was expecting the characters to be wearing Nike shoes and always have a can of brand name soda in their hands.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:55 AM   #1013
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

Meet The Robinsons

...Again XD Actually, it was the fifteenth time. But I wanted my mom to see it too. So, yeah. It's a frikkin' good movie! What else can I say? I'm obsessed with it. I know every line by heart and and and... *rambles on*

Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:58 PM   #1014
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

^ Is that on DVD? I've never seen comercials for the DVD.
I watched the Terminator sequels yesterday. T2 is such a great movie.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:11 AM   #1015
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind

The "true-life" story of Chuck Barris, creator of such game shows as the Dating Game, The Newlywed Game and the Gong Show, who later claimed to have been working as a secret assassin for the CIA (whether or not his story is actually true is a moot point). It makes for a fantastic dark comedy: witty, disarming and beneath the surface very poignant - no less than you'd expect from champion screenwriter Charlie Kaufman. Kaufman himself apparently wasn't wild about George Clooney's direction, but I guess that's his loss because as far as I'm concerned Clooney does an amazing job - he clearly has a sharp eye for detail, and the transitions from one scene to the next are frequently very clever and bewitching. There are some cracking cameo appearances too...I particularly love the very brief, but very hilarious, role played by Brad Pitt and Matt Damon.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 10-05-2007 at 02:21 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:50 PM   #1016
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Alvin and the Chipmunks and the Wolfman

I didn't exactly finish it but I liked what I saw so much I really wanted to express it here. I grew up with the Chipmunks but never was a die hard fan or loved it like some do. However, I have to say this is the most fluent and beautiful animated version of them I've seen in years.

The animation looked flawless and all of their voices, actions, and movements just seemed so perfectly well drawn. Not to mention the music wasn't half bad. I don't recall any of their songs (sans the Christmas stuff they did). I was impressed with the quality of the movie's animation and fresh up to date looks.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 02:41 PM   #1017
Kootiebirdo
Settling In

I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti!  

I watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in High-Def. My LORD, you could practically TASTE those delicious Wonka bars!!

Alright, enough of my smugging.
Kootiebirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 09:21 PM   #1018
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Flight of the Living Dead: Outbreak on a plane

Okay, I want to go on record saying I almost always despise crappy, direct-to-DVD low budget monster movies. I constantly scoff at them at Blockbuster and my local video stores, and feel a groan coming to my stomach every time I see one of these god awful movies at the store.

However, after a few commercials and some slightly above average reviews, I check this movie out and I have to say I'm pleased with its results. It was campy, cheap, and the story was ridiculous (although I don't consider that a strike anymore since 90% of the time no horror movie's plot is at all logical).

The gore was good and the zombies had excellent make up designs, not to mention some decent actors, in fact the ones in here were better then half the actors in horror movies that are IN theaters. Plus, the good thing about direct2DVD horror movies is that zombie ones are hard to make crappy.

Zombies are practically diseased moaning, groaning people who bite others and its a hell of a lot easier to make a good DVD zombie movie then making a good DVD vampire, werewolf, mummy, or alien monster B movie.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 09:35 PM   #1019
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Grease

Such a classic. Fun music. Fun dancing. And I've always loved Olivia Newton John's singing. I first saw it in high school and one of my first memories of it was it was so "short". I think I didn't really see the songs as part of the movie. In that case, yeah, just the action parts made for a short movie. One of my friends said it seemed short because it was based on a stage play. Huh? How does that make it seem shorter than it is? I've never understood what she meant by that.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 09:50 PM   #1020
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

Tetsuo: The Iron Man

This movie is pure deranged fun in the weirdest way possible. It is probably one of the most surreal experiences I've ever had. I have no idea what was going on, I'm still not all too clear of what actually happened, and it was exhausting. And I loved every freakin' minute of it.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote