Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 01:18 PM   #991
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosters home fan View Post
I just thought of one,cassini!

Has anyone gone to that fosters blogspot and looked at her early designs?

Very bizzare designs(except for the final one,of course)
Funny you should mention that - I have that as my wallpaper on my home computer (at work now). Some of those early designs are really bizarre; they make her out to look like a militant, instead of the compassionate caregiver that she is (the last two final designs)

NOTE: HERE IS PAGE 100!

Last edited by Howard; 01-11-2007 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:22 PM   #992
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I saw them; I definitely liked the final design best! I thought she looked kind of mean and/or angry in a lot of the early sketches, although I did like the one of her in pants. The blonde version looked just plain malicious. One change I especially liked is that they ended up giving her larger eyes than in the earlier versions, which I think looks really good on her. And, of course, there's the smile, too. She wouldn't be the Frankie I love without those eyes and that smile.

For those who missed it, here's the Fosters Official Blog.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 01-11-2007 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:50 PM   #993
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

You know, the other day I was thinking and a disturbing thought came into my head. If something awful were to happen to Grey Delisle (loss of voice, vegatative state or even death) what would happen to Frankie?
First off I know that Greys family would be more important to worry about but how would the writters handle such a tragidy? Would they do what happend with Phill Hartman in Simpsons and completly phase her out of the show or would they leave her as a background character?
Grey Delisle can never be replaced and I don't think anyone could possibly carry on the role of Frankie that she made us all fall in love with but I could see Terra Strong trying to take up the reigns. Grey and Terra are great friends and they can often be difficult to tell apart (I was sure that Terra Stong was the one who voiced Mandy before I learned it was Grey) so I guess what I'm trying to ask is: How would you feel about Frankie if Grey had to be (God forbid) replaced for whatever reason? Would you try to settle into the new voice or would you feel it would be a drastic change? It's very hard to say because Grey did so much to make Frankie who she is and I can't imagine anyone else being able to capture the spirit of the lady we all love.
I know that this is a kind of dark thing to talk about but I figured that we really needed something deep to talk about. If you all dissagree then please say so and this post will promptly be deleted.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:03 PM   #994
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

No deletion, it's a valid question. My guess is that they'd have Tara Strong take over the role while the CN staff searched for a more permanent replacement, if "replace" is even an appropriate word here. Ms. Delisle is a matchless voice talent; with the possible exception of the late Mary Kay Bergman, may she find the peace that eluded her in life, she was the best of the many voices who played Daphne on Scooby-Doo. Finding someone to take her place would be a difficult task at best.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 01-11-2007 at 02:05 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:12 PM   #995
Voxxyn
Banned

I'd be open and confident that Tara Strong would do her very best as Frankie and her many other roles.

That's all I'm saying about this now. I completely understand your concern--but since this thread is about to near a thousand posts, I'd prefer if we talked about more positive things for now.

I hope Season 5 will have many great Frankie moments like Season 4, AND I also hope that the writers learned their lesson from IHFUMEUP, and that we'll instead get something wonderful like FMD and SAP.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:12 PM   #996
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
No deletion, it's a valid question. My guess is that they'd have Tara Strong take over the role while the CN staff searched for a more permanent replacement, if "replace" is even an appropriate word here. Ms. Delisle is a matchless voice talent; with the possible exception of the late Mary Kay Bergman, may she find the peace that eluded her in life, she was the best of the many voices who played Daphne on Scooby-Doo. Finding someone to take her place would be a difficult task at best.
Was she the one who was supposed to play Timmy Turner in Fairly Odd Parants but was replaced by Terra Strong? Anyway, I can't really see them wanting to just drop Frankie if anything happend but I also can't see Frankie's voice being any differant.
And it's not just the voice, like I said, Frankie is Grey's character. She helped define her with her voice and spirit as much as the writers define her through fleshing out her character in the storys. Frankie's loveing and caring voice is one of my favorite things about her. I always feel happier when I hear her talk.
SAP? Sorry Vox but I can't remember for the life of me what episode that stands for. But I'm sure that many lessans have been learned over Imposters and I'm sure that we'll get some GREAT Frankie episodes as a result.

Last edited by Medikor; 01-11-2007 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:21 PM   #997
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
I love you're new banner Mr. Marshmallow! I particularly love the second last pic in the right. Frankie looks so sweet.
Both you and Duck have Cassini to thank for that, he did a marvelous job on my Frankie signature pic and I too am very happy with how it turned out.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:22 PM   #998
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
You know, the other day I was thinking and a disturbing thought came into my head. If something awful were to happen to Grey Delisle (loss of voice, vegatative state or even death) what would happen to Frankie?
First off I know that Greys family would be more important to worry about but how would the writters handle such a tragidy? Would they do what happend with Phill Hartman in Simpsons and completly phase her out of the show or would they leave her as a background character?
Grey Delisle can never be replaced and I don't think anyone could possibly carry on the role of Frankie that she made us all fall in love with but I could see Terra Strong trying to take up the reigns. Grey and Terra are great friends and they can often be difficult to tell apart (I was sure that Terra Stong was the one who voiced Mandy before I learned it was Grey) so I guess what I'm trying to ask is: How would you feel about Frankie if Grey had to be (God forbid) replaced for whatever reason? Would you try to settle into the new voice or would you feel it would be a drastic change? It's very hard to say because Grey did so much to make Frankie who she is and I can't imagine anyone else being able to capture the spirit of the lady we all love.
I know that this is a kind of dark thing to talk about but I figured that we really needed something deep to talk about. If you all dissagree then please say so and this post will promptly be deleted.
I think I would pick Tara Strong (if that should happen). She voices Terrence, but also has the voices of Toot Braunstein, and Princess Clara on "Drawn Together." But Tara would be one of my first choices.:bloogrin
Old 01-11-2007, 02:24 PM   #999
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Tara Strong gets around alot, she ends up voicing everyone sooner or later. I think she would make a good Frankie but I would personally (and this is if I was in charge of voice casting) wait to see if I can find an accurate replacement as I can before saying Strong automatically.

Frankie's a great character and I know they'd keep her alive even if her voice actor wasn't, or at least i hope they would. Sometimes shows can't though. I remember in Sea lab 2021, Captain Murphy's voice actor died and they had to write him out of the show.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:26 PM   #1000
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Thanks for everything.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 01-11-2007 at 02:28 PM.
Closed Thread