Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

View Poll Results: Rate Make Believe It Or Not
A 32 50.79%
B 23 36.51%
C 6 9.52%
D 1 1.59%
F 1 1.59%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2006, 05:09 PM   #91
montitech
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
I was wondering if anyone else saw that and thought, "Ah-HAH! Vogon poetry!"

pitbulllady
Vogon Poetry is only Bad if you have a Babble Fish.

otherwise you cannot understand it anyway.

Monty
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:11 PM   #92
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

It may not matter. My rotten upstairs neighbors play music in a language I don't understand, and let me tell you, it's bad.

We're getting desperately off-topic, here. Back to the episode, anyone?

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 10-22-2008 at 07:50 PM. Reason: It's never too late to correct a spelling error.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:27 PM   #93
montitech
Foster's Legend

I know some people did not like the way Bloo ran into the room and shut the door and did not let Mac in.

I thought that part was great. IT was classic comedy. something one would see done by Buster Keeting, three stooges or Marx Brothers to name a few.

Yes it was a shame that Mac got caught, but Classic comedy is sometimes cruel. But that does not stop it from being funny. (For example Charlie Chapplans Tramp character was always being put down Cruel and Funny)

Then to finish the sceen:
Bloo looked both ways
came out
Looked up
GOt Caught.

That was Great comedy.

Just my 2cents & helping to get the thread back on track.
oh, and good point about the Bad Music Cassini90125
Monty
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:30 PM   #94
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

Spoiler Below
Mac makes the greatest Speed Racer EVER.

Haha, B from me.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:05 PM   #95
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Quote:
Originally Posted by montitech View Post
I know some people did not like the way Bloo ran into the room and shut the door and did not let Mac in.

I thought that part was great. IT was classic comedy. something one would see done by Buster Keeting, three stooges or Marx Brothers to name a few.

Yes it was a shame that Mac got caught, but Classic comedy is sometimes cruel. But that does not stop it from being funny. (For example Charlie Chapplans Tramp character was always being put down Cruel and Funny)
Very good point, and I can easily agree with it. The only thing is, Mac and Bloo's relationship as best friends has kind of been slipping since the second season, and there are very few episodes that focus on them just hanging out and being friends (such as this seasons' "Squeeze the Day"). It's not this scene in particular that disturbs me so much as how opposite the two are becoming on a whole. While the two have always basically been opposites, their friendship was also always obvious. Recently, it's become more like their differences are making them hostile towards one another (though, in all fairness, Bloo is usually the agitator). Now, the scene in this episode didn't disturb me nearly as much as it did to some of the others here, as it was counterbalanced, in my mind at least, by the scenes of Bloo and Mac just being buddies here, such as Bloo's comments and odd little form of support to Mac during Goo and Mac's "one-up" contest.

But I do agree; a lot of us are probably overanalyzing the situation between Mac and Bloo, and that the scene here was just a nod to the older forms of comedy. Still, it's hard not to overanalyze it sometimes, considering how rarely we really see Mac and Bloo get to just hang out.

Still, one of my favorite episodes this season, though it's beaten by "Squeeze the Day" and "Bloo's the Boss".

Speaking of the "one-up" contest, it was refreshing to see Mac engage in some fairly childish behavior. He needs a chance to act his age more often. In a way, I think that's one of the reasons I liked this episode as much as I did: despite the apparent "threat", it was, on a whole, a fairly light-hearted episode that really appealed to the child in me. Again, it was nice that there was an episode where Mac got to act as a child, as they're far too rare.

Last edited by Nathander; 11-20-2006 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Addition about Mac
Nathander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:22 PM   #96
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathander View Post
It's not this scene in particular that disturbs me so much as how opposite the two are becoming on a whole.
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathander View Post
Speaking of the "one-up" contest, it was refreshing to see Mac engage in some fairly childish behavior. He needs a chance to act his age more often.
Hearing Mac, who usually has to be so sane and reasonable while surrounded by crazies, say "like a million miles an hour!" made my day.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:38 PM   #97
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
Hearing Mac, who usually has to be so sane and reasonable while surrounded by crazies, say "like a million miles an hour!" made my day.
That, and I just loved that he used "child logic" to, proclaiming how you could obviously "freeze" time but not "melt" time.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:18 PM   #98
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Not only that, but it was nice to see that Goo wasn't the only person with an over active imagination. It takes alot of creativity to keep up with a "fight" like that and make up some many random ass objects and things that do this and do that.

Mac proved he's just as good as Goo and it was nice to see Goo get HUMLBED for a change. What's even better was I thought it was a smart move to make Goo be apologetic about the whole issue and not gloat over the aliens capturing Mac and Bloo.

Had she let her ego get in the way, she probably would have gloated over her creations but as we saw, she showed true modesty by accepting responsibility for her mistakes and trying to fix things. Usually Goo doesn't get "knocked down a peg", so it was nice to see her bossyness take a break.

Btw, I agree on 2 other things mentioned previously:

1. Tickling CAN be torture. Anyone who laughs non stop after a while knows your jaw, your voice, and your chest will hurt like HELL.

2. The door thing like I said is disturbing, but it does play in part to the bigger picture and that's Bloo's status with Mac. This was just another notch in Bloo's friend bashing belt with Mac and that's what really bothers me. This season Bloo has shown LOTS more negativity to Mac then positivity.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:09 AM   #99
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

Though I myself can't see it at all, since there's been little or no proof of any such thing, it seems Bloo sees Mac as trying to be "higher" then him. He does say, "I'm not his SIDEKICK!"
Huh, wonder why that bothers him so much.

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:17 AM   #100
bigdog
Newly Abandoned
The All-Out Fanatic  

Uh, because Bloo wants all the attention in the whole world. He's an attention hog. Why? Because he thinks if he dosen't have the attention of everyone present he's not important.

Once again for all our sakes... IT'S JUST A CARTOON!!!!