Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fan Creations > Websites

Notices

Websites Post links to and news about Foster's-related fansites as well as official sites here.

Old 07-14-2007, 11:46 AM   #91
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

....I wonder why it's suddenly not logging me in...I click on the send button after entering the username and password, and...nothing happens. At all.

I downloaded the latest version of Flash, I've tried everything. ANYTHING ELSE in that thing works, like I purposely get my username wrong, but when I DO get it right, NOTHING HAPPENS.

This marks the SECOND day this was happening.

Last edited by antgirl1; 07-14-2007 at 12:03 PM.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 02:41 AM   #92
ptps
At Home

Best Friends Forever  

Antgirl1: The game jams for me sometimes, I just refresh the page one or two times and it works again.

For camper: The game runs indefinitely, as I mentioned before. That means, like, it'll go on FOREVER until CN cancels the program, like they did with AAF1. In that case you can just leave the friend to "die" if you can't take care of it. I know it sounds cruel >_> but really it's just a virtual pet, and a poor imitation of the Foster's characters at that too. The AI response is terrible XD ...but that's not the point. If you really can't take care of it anymore the only way out is to just leave it to "die". It doesn't affect anything, and considering the program's probably going to end by the end of the year, it comes down to the same anyway.

edit: to make this sound less cruel and insensitive, this is basically what happens once a Friend has all three health bars down to 0%:

This came from my account with Cheese. You just get this huge error message when you try to log in. (I was really annoyed because he was so hard to take care of and I wanted to see what would happen if a Friend "died", like if Frankie would come in or something.) Basically the account is shut down forever; you can't re-adopt using that account, and you can never access it ever again. The email thing lies though - I didn't recieve any emails from the AI at all. Probably a glitch from the first AAF1 when it crossed over to AAF2.

Hope that makes you feel better?

Last edited by ptps; 07-15-2007 at 02:48 AM.
ptps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 12:34 PM   #93
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

No, I mean it. EVERYTHING ELSE works on the game, just not the LOG IN thing. I've refreshed nearly FIVE times now, and...no good.

Plus, the forgot password thing...doesn't even SEND the message. SAYS it will, true, but won't actually DO it. RIP-OFF. And no, it's NOT going to the spam folder, there's NEVER been a message in there.

EDIT: Make it TEN times I've refreshed....STILL nothing.

I think the game doesn't like my username/password combination, because something DOES happen when I get it WRONG. But NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING happens when I get it RIGHT.

I can't believe this has been going on for THREE DAYS and STILL going on. It STILL doesn't log me in even on a DIFFERENT computer.

I seriously doubt that the game is "jamming" as you say, as EVERYTHING BUT THE LOG IN FEATURE works.

If this continues for five+ days, I'll have to consiter registering all over again. But hey - what's the point of that when you can't log in anyway?

Last edited by antgirl1; 07-15-2007 at 12:50 PM.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:38 PM   #94
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Turns out for some reason, my old account just won't log me in, but a new one I made works fine.

Even AFTER logging out of the new one it still won't log me into the old one.

...Maybe, for some reason, my old account got obsolete?

Last edited by antgirl1; 07-15-2007 at 04:38 PM.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:54 PM   #95
silverbatwing
Newly Abandoned

i adopted eduardo, but it seems like every time i visit him, the house is a mess and he's asleep, so i clean up and get off. i go back... an hour or so later, and he is no where to be found. where is he going? ???
silverbatwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:28 PM   #96
ptps
At Home

Best Friends Forever  

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbatwing View Post
i adopted eduardo, but it seems like every time i visit him, the house is a mess and he's asleep, so i clean up and get off. i go back... an hour or so later, and he is no where to be found. where is he going? ???
First time I heard of a friend who's missing O_o; Normally the Friend shows up as a little purple icon in the area of the house he's in, and the only times he or she is inaccessible is when he or she is sleeping (Bedroom) or taking a shower (Bathroom). Other than they you should be able to play with your Friend during the hours he or she is awake. I normally log on when the Foster's clock at the top bar is around 3 - 4am, though the safest time to catch them is after 7am when everyone will be awake for a good long time.

Antgirl1: You account probably has a glitch or something, I guess? My accout with Eduardo tends to record the score for one game played even though I click on the option twice, so I always have to log out and in again to get the score recorded.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:36 PM   #97
camper
Newly Abandoned

Well guys, I wonder if that counts. About your lost your password or Frankie send an email to you cases, although you don't see them in your inbox, how about your bulk mail, to those Yahoo users. I'm sure they end up in there, which normally they don't, I think.

Anyway, ptps, thanks for your other advices, they also come in handy when I see that the game will not shut down until more like the end of time. Anyway, I'll be going back to college next week, so I may begin to neglect my friend during that time, that will reduce my stress. Thanks everyone else.
camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:42 AM   #98
silverbatwing
Newly Abandoned

well, ptps... i think it is a glitch or something. cuz i logged back in and the house is a mess again, still eduardo is not there (you're right, there is usually a purple eduardo with big teeth in the house on the right saying where he is). but i did see terrance was playing upstairs on a game (looked like him anyway) i clicked on him and he ran away.

weird...

Last edited by silverbatwing; 07-16-2007 at 07:47 AM. Reason: picture
silverbatwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:46 AM   #99
ptps
At Home

Best Friends Forever  

......*facepalm* Uh... The house IS supposed to be messy... that's the point of the game? Every time you log in you have to clean up what the Friend has messed up to "earn" points, and the "messiness" resets every day / few hours. ^^;;;

Edit: Look, this is the official FAQ for the game. Basically the Adopt a Friend 2 program is like an online Tamagotchi or virtual pet, except in this case, you get to be the care taker of the house as well. You can feed/play/talk with your Friend twice daily (2 times), and numerous items will reset around the house. Clicking on the items to restore them will earn you points.

Thus far, these are the objects that have been proven clickable:

Lobby: Madame Foster's bust, Plant on the left, Clock
Kitchen: Sauce spill on the floor, kettle, blending machine
Washroom: Misted mirror, busted pipe, shower spray, toothpaste, soap, laundry basket
Foyer: Fish in fishbowl
Bedroom: Bedsheets (always clear this first if given the option; once a Friend goes to sleep this task will be "taken off"), Toys
Arcade: Machine plug, TV, "Terrance"

I've noticed that both phones in the house have been rendered as flash objects, but thus far they haven't rung. Maybe it's just an additional graphic thing, like how the "sleeping" Friends are rendered in GIF. format instead of a looping flash symbol.

Occasionally the Friend will let you take a photo of him or her, and sometimes upon your entrance to the mansion will ask a question that "calculates" how happy you are with him/her. There are also times when a Friend will request to play a virtual game with you, or ask for a snack that you as the player will have to prepare for him or her. These "questions" don't really contribute to your final score so you can click on any option. (It's fun to see them react to eating a burger made from eggs, cheese and milk, though.)

Does that clear things up?

Last edited by ptps; 07-16-2007 at 08:13 AM.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:33 AM   #100
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Lol, I don't think a burger would include sugar or flour. XDD

Last edited by antgirl1; 07-16-2007 at 08:33 AM.