Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 07-23-2007, 01:58 PM   #11
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Have a nice time, JJ!

I'll try and have this wet and muddy little island cleaned up by the time you come back. Has anyone got a mop?

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:13 PM   #12
Subzeroace
Has a PhD in Horribleness

Burning things is fun and useful!  

Send a message via AIM to Subzeroace

Get an Ice Capp at Tim Horten's.

Thats what I say to anyone coming to Canada, even in the winter. (what? I still drink them in the winter!)
Old 07-23-2007, 05:14 PM   #13
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

I haven't been there at all, but I do have an interest to visit in the future. You have fun in the land of Canadia (um..err..Canada). May it be a safe one.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 03:32 PM   #14
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Thanks for all the warm words of farewell, folks. I touched back down upon my native soil this afternoon, so it looks as though you're stuck with me once again.

I had a wonderful three weeks abroad, and Lynnie, I owe you big time. I had managed to locate a Hot Topic near the city centre of Seattle, but it was pretty small and mostly Foster's-free, but the store your directions led me to appeared to stock virtually everything that's currently on the website. Since I had no idea when I was next going to be in Seattle (and since the US dollar-UK pound exchange rate is currently so good), I treated myself to a full-on Foster's shopping spree, encompassing the Wilt, Coco, Berry, Deo Bloo and Quiet Intensity Bloo shirts as well as a whole bunch of pins and keychains, which I reckon will keep me going for a while. I was also quite tempted by the Cheese shoe laces, but I decided not to get too carried away. Fortunately I still had enough cash left over to go up the Space Needle and get a nice panoramic view of the city.

As awed as I still am by all the sights that I saw in Vancouver and beyond, it seems liable that I'll be seriously jetlagged for the next couple of days or so. I think I need to go and lie down for a while.

PS: I'm afraid I missed out on this whole Tim Horten's thing, Subzeroace. I'll put it at the top of my list of things to look into next time I'm on Canadian territory...I'll see to it that there is indeed a next time, since there's still so much left of the place that I'd like to explore.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:22 PM   #15
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Awesome, I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit to these parts! And happy to hear the HT at Alderwood carried through in supplying some awesome-riffic Foster's merchandise. It's a great mall, once you're inside. Was there a lot of traffic and congestion in the streets around it? There always seems to be when I go. I sometimes get myself lost in trying to go home because it's nearly impossible to turn the direction I want to. I just have to follow traffic (one of the reasons I don't go to the mall very often). But it's still a great mall.

Aw, no need to owe me for the directions. Happy to help. Glad you got home safe and sound, and that you had a great trip. Welcome back!
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:11 PM   #16
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

how's Blighty treatin' you, JJ?
Old 08-14-2007, 05:55 AM   #17
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
Awesome, I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit to these parts! And happy to hear the HT at Alderwood carried through in supplying some awesome-riffic Foster's merchandise. It's a great mall, once you're inside. Was there a lot of traffic and congestion in the streets around it? There always seems to be when I go. I sometimes get myself lost in trying to go home because it's nearly impossible to turn the direction I want to.
It wasn't actually too bad when I was there, but then I did arrive only an hour or so before closing time. It was more trouble getting over the bridge to the central area of Seattle, but certainly worth all that honking and frustration. It's a beautiful city. I loved all the model pigs you have stationed all over the streets downtown. Or the Seattle Swine, as I took to calling them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partymember View Post
how's Blighty treatin' you, JJ?
Pretty good thus far, thanks, though it is typical that it should start tipping down with rain on my first full day back. Nothing quite like the good ol' British summertime.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 08-14-2007 at 07:18 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:06 AM   #18
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

I wish Ground Force was still on BBC America

I loved seeing the landscape of Britain. Beautiful country.