Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:00 AM   #1291
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestBunny:3 View Post
Put Wilt just doing that, and there you have an original plot for a commercial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
Wow, that would be really out of character, but I actually think that would be hilarious to see.
Well, not quite in the manner depicted in Pulp Fiction, I would hope.

Trust me, things don't go at all well for Phil...

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:21 PM   #1292
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Well, of course, I don't want Wilt hurt. But to see him in a tift with John Travolta would be very strange, to say the least.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:17 PM   #1293
WiltGirl
Newly Abandoned

Silly, Nervous, Helpful and Blue.  

I quit happy to say i one of the girls who luvs wilt! JUST WANA HUG HIM!!!!!!
hes fabby tastic!!!!
yes i'm weird but i not the only one and and i happy to be weird cos it means i can like wilt!!!! WOOOOO
ooo and before in the earlier posts there was a 'who ever wants to marry/kiss wilt thing raise ur hand'
JUMPING UP AND OWN WAVING LIKE A LOONEY!!!!! woop!

WG

Last edited by WiltGirl; 04-02-2009 at 12:20 PM.
WiltGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:45 PM   #1294
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiltGirl View Post
I quit happy to say i one of the girls who luvs wilt! JUST WANA HUG HIM!!!!!!
hes fabby tastic!!!!
yes i'm weird but i not the only one and and i happy to be weird cos it means i can like wilt!!!! WOOOOO
ooo and before in the earlier posts there was a 'who ever wants to marry/kiss wilt thing raise ur hand'
JUMPING UP AND OWN WAVING LIKE A LOONEY!!!!! woop!

WG
Well we now have a Wilt Appreciation thread as you know, so please keep stuff like this - that is to say just gushing over Wilt without actual discussion - in that thread and not this one. Thanks.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:34 AM   #1295
WiltGirl
Newly Abandoned

Silly, Nervous, Helpful and Blue.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Well we now have a Wilt Appreciation thread as you know, so please keep stuff like this - that is to say just gushing over Wilt without actual discussion - in that thread and not this one. Thanks.
i found that just after i wrote this so soz, my bad
WiltGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:54 AM   #1296
carlito_cool
The Coolest Nerd

Im Cool, BayBay!  

I've used to like wilt because he is so helpful, kind, tall[kinda] and I like his catchphrase (Is that OK?)

Wilt is also cool.

carlito_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:41 AM   #1297
sldlovesfosters
Newly Abandoned

hahahaha wow! great to be here um..... this thread has erm... died out tragically but there is still some intersting thing about him, so I would like to say something is that ok?

I have noticed that Wilt sometimes REALLY show his age in what he is doing or saying. like in Pranks for Nothing the swatted Bloo away and shouted "WOULD YOU GET OFF" then turned on his side and closed his eyes XD He was very much acting like a middle aged man with a hyperchild keeping him up. Cause trust me, middleaged men need SLEEP and when someone is keeping them from them, children espesially, they can get alittle cranky XD AND in Destination Imagination before he went onto the bridge he shouted, and I quote, "Boogie down!" He just sounded so.... old... it makes me laugh and when he says "you said it sister" he still sounded sorta old, the way he said it you know?
sldlovesfosters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 08:36 PM   #1298
KazooBloo
Foster's Legend

Is in my favorites!
KazooBloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 02:15 AM   #1299
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Cool

Haha, hi. It's been a very long time. The last post was clear back in 2016. Very old and probably dead thread, but there's this realization that came to mind that would only fit here and not the appreciation thread. Before I begin, it's pretty weird seeing posts and replies from myself from the 2000's. I was a silly little autistic teenager then. (I'm sorry.)

Here goes.

For many years, we've been fond of this guy. Very. Some a lot moreso than others. Deem him a dreamboat, the whole package, the perfect guy. But the thing is: he's not. I think that many, unfortunately including myself, misinterpreted his character, even going so far as to romanticize the guy. So here's my take on it:

He's a jock and a himbo. Lemme explain.

So the first part is obvious and can be generally agreed on easily, it was blatant throughout the entire show's run. But there's this strange disconnect a lot of the time, where it's barely a thing, when it comes to fan content back in the day. Well obviously it's not his whole life, but it's a major part of it. It becomes a sort of "back of your mind" kind of deal. It's strange.

In my recollection, I don't think I saw any fancharacters who were also sporty. It's been years though, so maybe I missed one, but a fanship almost never had to do with chemistry, but "at first sight". And that's fair; when you're a teen crushing on a fictional character, you do your best. And sometimes it means forgetting about one of his key traits. It happens.

Next, I can forgive "himbo", as it wasn't a term widely used back then. But aside from a singular bullet point (physical strength), it fits him exactly. Good natured, masculine, and... Dumb. Very dumb. We can blame the writers all we want, and that's fine - they weren't able to at least make it consistent. Of course, the same can be said for other characters too, but we're focusing on this ten foot ballin dude over here.

Anyway, he has his articulate moments, but it's not in the majority. Not long ago I tried rewatching the show again, only to find it very mean-spirited. I don't see how I liked it all those years ago. Maybe it was the idea of it. I made it to about... I think "Frankie My Dear", and didn't come back since. And in all those early episodes?

Wilt's as inconsistently smart/dumb as in the later seasons. Not much changed.

Therefore, my aforementioned conclusion.

If anyone's still around to read this, disagree if you want. It's all good. Maybe he's smarter than I think. I don't know. Wouldn't mind discussing it!

Last edited by antgirl1; 06-02-2022 at 02:43 PM.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 03:21 AM   #1300
FrankRTWiw
Newly Abandoned

Probably the last member on here.  

Himbo, huh? I guess I never thought about him in that way. Come to think of it, I do recall at least one moment where it would apply.