Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fan Creations > Fan-Fic Forum

Notices

Fan-Fic Forum Post and discuss Foster's-related stories here.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:18 PM   #1
kammy101
Newly Abandoned

Kissy, kissy  

Default April Showers

You may have remember my previous character, Chihiro Hizunaka, but after months of thinking, her name is now April Hyun. I hope you enjoy this story, since this is my first one. Also, April Hyun is a human, not imaginary.

April Showers

Chapter 1: Who’s she?

“All right, class, take your seats.” the teacher rang out after the bell rang. The children raced to their assigned seats and watched the teacher as he spoke. “Before we start class, I would like to introduce you to a new student in our school.”

The door swung open as the child was shown; she was an Asian-American and looked like the age of 7 or 8 years old with short black hair with a violet ribbon on the left side of her head. She wore a light purple coat that had one button attached at her chest, while wearing a collared white shirt, a blue skirt with white platform shoes. Her outfit looked like a school uniform. She was looking down at the floor as she dragged herself to the desk.

“Her name is April Hyun , she just moved into town a few days ago, so please make her feel welcome,” the teacher introduced. One of the classmates felt sympathy in her, for he knew it must have been a tough experience for the new kid. The boy named “Mac” , looked back at her as she chose a seat away from.

“Alright, now we have a lot to learn today. Open your textbooks to page 184,” the teacher explained as she went up to the board to begin his lesson. Mac still stared back at the child, until other girls were whispering and sniggering to each other.

“What kind of family names their kid that?” her friend replied to her friend. Mac listened to the group of friends giggling, rather than the teacher.

“Hey, guys knock it off, she’s a new kid. Why should she be treated differently, just because she came here? I mean, like how would you feel if you were a new kid?” Mac argued as the girls stared at him.

“I bet that she doesn’t know about fashion or charm; look at those hand-me-down clothes and those braids” one of them teased, and started laughing. The teacher stopped her lesson being slightly annoyed and scowled at the two girls.

“Quiet, back there!” the Teacher commanded as children felt silent. Mac still felt bad for the new kid, who wrote effortlessly with no confidence or pride. He turned around and saw April with her head down in shame, until her eyes went up at the staring boy and waved briefly at him, as he waved back.

The teacher stopped her lesson about Louis and Clark’s journeys and saw Mac’s head turned at April and had a scowl on her face and shouted, “Mac, eyes forward, while I’m talking.”

“Sorry.” replied Mac as she continued her lesson, he was thinking about her all day long. He hasn’t had an experience like this before in his life as an 8-year old. Through out recess, the boy was out playing a game of dodge ball with the other children.

As he was dodging, catching, missing, twirling and ducking from one ball to another, he was still in the game. Until his eyes weren’t facing the kid who was about to throw the ball at him, he was actually staring at April, who was sitting down at a nearby table underneath a tree’s shadows and was she had in her hands was a book that she borrowed from the library. Her eyes were studying word after word, sentence after sentence, paragraph after paragraph, page after page, chapter after chapter.

That was until, her eyes were spotting around the playground and darted towards Mac, who was actually hit in the head with a ball, which snapped him out of his mind. He rubbed the sore at the corner of his head; the most popular kid, Riche Wildebrat walked up to him chuckling in amusement.

“What were staring at? The ball was near you.” Riche asked rudely as Mac’s eyes widened at the question. His face started to blush.

“Nothing, nothing at all,” he chuckled nervously.

“You’re staring at the new kid, aren’t you?” Richie asked pointing up at the 8-year old girl reading her novel. “If I were you, I wouldn’t be friends with her, who knows what kind of kid she is.”

“Yeah, she might be an old-fashion style kid; I mean look at her clothes.” One girl commented pointed at her.

“She might even be a geek, she just reading a book,” An African-American boy also said. The other children listening were laughing as April had an embarrassed look on her face and put the book to her face in shame. Mac had just about enough of those kids teasing her behind her back.

“This is just her first day and you guys are making it worse for her, I bet,” Mac complained as Richie’s eyebrow and smiled evilly.

“You’ll see, she might not be like as you think,” Richie told him as he and his friends walked away from the courts, laughing, as Mac went up to the girl who was still studying her book. Mac sat on the other side of the wooden bench, with a sad smile on his face.

“Hey, there,” Mac finally said, as April stared from her book to the boy with a small frown on her face which formed into a smile.

“Hi; You‘re Mac aren‘t you?” April asked in a quiet and timid voice; it seemed obvious that she heard what the other children were rumoring about.

“Yeah,” he responded; she actually heard his name while in class. He was about to ask her another question to listen to her speak, for it seemed that she wasn’t much of a social person; unfortunately, the bell alerted loudly for final period of the day. She then put her book inside her lavender backpack and got up to her feet.
“Well, it was nice to meet you, Mac,” April concluded the slightly awkward first impression; Mac nodded back and she headed back into the school building and Mac followed. When the final bell rang, the children stampeded out through the school doors, except Mac, who felt like his skull was going to explode from his pop quiz, which was more difficult than he thought it would.

His eyes widened when he saw April, walking down the street with her feet dragging on the concrete sidewalk. Mac thought that, Bloo might wait for him for another couple minutes, without growing impatient; he rushed up to her.

“Hey, Mac,” April said.

“Hey, that quiz was pretty hard wasn’t it? “Mac asked, trying to get her to talk. The subject of their conversation felt a bit awkward, talking about school work. As she still dragged her feet on the concrete, she opened her mouth to speak.

“Uh…Yeah. What’d you get?” The girl asked, feeling a little ashamed of asking about his grade; worried that he might have a better grade than her. She can be a bit curious about everyone’s lives; it was kind of a habit for her.

Mac didn’t expect that question to come out of her. It was like she was acting as her mother, but he responded, “A B- .”

“Oh, really

“Umm…home,” April stated as she was still walking in a quicker pace. Mac just stood there and went to Foster’s where he usually meets his imaginary friend, Bloo. He went inside, open the door. Until a scream was heard from a large monster with purple fur, who was known as Eduardo.

He picked up Mac in his arms and swung him around while he was crying. “Senor Mac, thank goodness; you’re safe Bloo said that you was eaten by aliens!”

“Oh, he did, did he,” Mac growled as he went to the arcade and a little blue blob was lying on the couch playing a video game that he has been playing recently. “Bloo, did you make up murder stories to Eduardo again? He won’t let go of me!” Mac cried as Eduardo released him from his mighty grip.

“No…Maybe,” Bloo answered as he paused the game. Mac sighed,” Don’t tell me you’ve been playing that game all day…Again.”

“He has,” a red-haired woman named Frankie added as she was mopping the floor. Mac tried to drag Bloo off the couch, which made him fall.

“Come on, Bloo let’s do something. Let’s go play with Wilt for a while at least.”

Bloo added,” Hello, he’s an athletic type which means exercise. Besides, he’s still doing chores.”

“Bloo, he finished his chores 4 hours ago and which was the amount of time you consumed.” Frankie said again.

“Shut up.”

Suddenly, the door slammed open as if some one broke in. “Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, everyone!,” a girl greeted. She dressed in a weird fashion, which didn’t match at all. She wore yellow boots, blue overalls, with a striped rainbow shirt. In her hair were 3 braids dangling crazily in her hair with different colored clips, she walked inside and saw the two boys. She had a reputation of being the most imaginative and talkative child, since she creates so many imaginary friends. But she gone over her habit.

“Here we go, again.” Frankie moaned.

“Goo! Now there’s a kid I can relate to!” Bloo cried, turning off his video game, at last. Mac glared at him, feeling offended.

“Not that I don’t love you, Mac,” he chuckled. The blue blob wished that Mac would at least try to be loose all the time, like him. The only time Mac was loose was he eats sugar.

“Hey, guys, want to play checkers again, cause I’m in the mood for it. In fact, I’ve been wanting play it all day! I’ll try to get--,” Goo chatted out; but Mac interrupted.

“Goo, how many times do I need to tell you? No imaging checkers, unless it’s a real game of checkers!” Mac scolded her, as Goo remembered. Bloo then remembered something too. He pulled out a piece of candy he had been saving, he plunged at Mac as he struggled out his grip.

“Bloo, what are you doing?!” the boy shouted. He finally opened so that the candy fell in his mouth. Mac puckered his lip by how sweet it was; he felt a slight jitter. Then sprang free from Bloo and ran off at least 100 mph, screaming and running around the halls.

A large rabbit, wearing a tuxedo and hat noticed from his molecule, that Mac, Bloo and Goo were sprinting. “No running in halls!” The rabbit then followed.

Meanwhile, April walked 2 more blocks to the house until she was distracted by a large mansion across the street, that made her eyes stare in awe, like if she was a newborn baby reaching for the light. The mansion looked like had countless numbers of different rooms; in front of it was a black ironed fence which had graved words on top, “Foster’s”. She wondered who could be living at the house, she thought it might have been the richest person in town. She heard fainted noise and screaming inside.

She gave up on the ruckus and resumed her way back home, walking on the cement sidewalk. She finally reached home, she noticed the home was empty, but still some unpacked boxes, since she and her family moved. But, the room was silent…Too silent.

“Mom? Dad? Hello?”, April called out but no one was heard and thought she had the house for herself without her older sister, Linn for once. The young child felt a bit hungry and headed in the kitchen. She opened the cabinet and saw a behind the canned food was a bag of chocolate chip cookies and grabbed the whole bag and started eating. She began her stroll around the living room, then sat down on the couch and turned on the T.V.

The closet door behind creaked a little and two eyes immerged and revealed a girl about 13 or 14, unlike April, she had short hair that reached her neck, she wore a black short top, a brown skirt, with dark brown high heel boots. Her outfit had fitted her age. It was actually April’s older sister, Linn.

Linn charged at her sister and plummeted her to the ground, “Well, well, well, if it isn’t my little sister from school.” she cackled. April escaped from her sister’s clutches and ran off, screaming as Linn followed her, they ran around the couch a couple times, then into the kitchen, April hid inside the bottom cabinet.

Linn didn’t see her in sight in the kitchen, “I know you’re in here, you little runt!” April tensed as she saw her boots, figuring that she might look inside her sanctuary; but sighed in relief when she walked off to try and beat her up. It was like a game of hide and seek.

“April, where are yooou,” Linn called in a sing-song voice. April breathed slowly and sighed, “That was close.” She gasped again when she noticed the door opened and revealed an evil grin on Linn’s face.

The child yelped and crawled inside; When Linn opened every door of the bottom covered, it would open broken glass, until she made it out. She bumped a stand that had a family portrait on it of their parents when they were married. Linn bumped into the tall plant that stood near the stairs. Then broke a valuable china and two vases, it was until Linn finally caught up to her.

“Now, I have you,” Linn chuckled the two of them started wrestling around the treacherously messed up home. She then gave her a headlock, while April’s yelling was muffled on the floor. April got out of her arms and tugged her legs while sitting on her back. Linn rolled around and grabbed her by the neck, while April’s face turned blue and was preparing to punch her; but her hopes were down, when she heard the door creak open.

The people who were at the door were their parents, May and Thomas. Their mother, May was an attractive woman; She wore a navy blue business suit with a pair of high heel shoes. Her hair was black like both of her daughters, straight and silky smooth. Their father had really short hair, unlike both of her kids, he had glasses. He also had a business suit, carrying a suitcase in his hand; to have dropped in shock as they saw the house in turmoil.

Soil from their plants was splattered on the wooden floor, including broken pieces of glass on the floor what the couple both saw rolling on the floor, were their two daughters, once again fighting like they have been since April was 2 years old. Their blood was boiling as they studied the house.

“GIRLS!”, Thomas snapped, which made the girls stop their battle as they got up from the floor brushing themselves off. “What was going ON in here?!”

“Mom, Dad, I can explained, it’s not my fault, it was--,” April stated as Linn went up to her parents and whined, “Oh, thank goodness, your home. I was trying to do my homework, until April went insane!”

“Girls, go to your rooms!“ May finally called. As the girls stared in shock for being punished again like normal.

“What, but she--,” The girls stammered in unison, until Thomas interrupted.

“No butts! Upstairs now!

The girls did as they were told and ran up the stairs, Linn slammed the door loudly. April was about to do the same and slammed it loud. April went upon her bed and laid down roughly and covered herself with the covers. She grabbed her pillow and screamed loudly.

The couple both sighed in exhaustion and stress; they usually had to clean it themselves, because if they started cleaning, they might run into each other and start their loathing battle and make the house messier than before.

A few hours later, April didn’t show downstairs at all just staying upstairs, either finishing her homework or using the bathroom. She declined to not come downstairs for dinner tonight to not have anything to do with her sister. No matter how hungry she was.

She brushed her teeth thoroughly and quietly. As she walked out the bathroom door in her light purple pajamas, she ran out in a flash to her room, like if she were a crook and was being chased by police.

April sighed in relief, finding that her sister wasn’t in sight. She tucked herself in bed, she hoped the next day would go better. But what she really wanted was at least one friend, hoping to get away from Linn, for once.
kammy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:24 PM   #2
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Good start; definitely not bad, not bad at all.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:48 PM   #3
kammy101
Newly Abandoned

Kissy, kissy  

Chapter 2: Curiosity

April ran in a hurry, since her clock was reset, thanks to Linn. April saw her father pouring his coffee and gulping it down. “Dad, Linn reset my clock half an hour late! Can you take me to school?” she asked.

“ I 'm late! See you after school.” Thomas yelled, not listening to her daughter, yet kissing her, grabbing his suitcase ran out the door. She went upstairs again and saw her mom brushing her hair. “Mom, Dad won’t take me to school. Can you take me?” she pouted.

“April, not now. Go ask Linn.” she replied. April gave out a sigh and ran out the door. She ran as fast as she could; she looked at her watch that said 8:45. She had only 15 minutes to get to class.

“Why didn’t I start school on Friday?” she yawned. Her legs started to grow sore. She wasn’t gifted to be a fast runner. Her breath started to shorten as she huffed. Suddenly, she ran into someone whom she hadn’t seen before; her clothes were wrong as a clown's outfit.

“Oh, I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to hit you, I’m just late.” April cried. As she stood up, the girl seemed at least a foot taller than her, from her boots. She then opened her mouth to speak. April didn’t expect her to talk at such a fast speed.

“ That's okay. Oh, my gosh! I know you; Yeah! You’re the new kid aren’t you?” the child chatted. April, distracted by her image,took her a while to know what she was saying. She thought it was her turn to talk.

“Well um--” she stammered.

But the girl interrupted, “Yeah, you are! When did you come here? Where do you live? What class are you in? Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh?” She asked, getting close to her face.

April still kept staring at her, stammering. “ I just want--” the shy child replied, until she reached her hand out.

“Oh, where are my manners? I’m Goo, nice to meet you! What’s your name?”

“I’m April. And you're--?” April held her hand as the hyper girl shook it vigorously as she spoke again.

“Yeah, just a nickname I came up with, just to build up my self- esteem to get me prepare for my life. Also known as, Goo,Goo,Ga, Ga, since I used to say that as a baby until, I was 2 years old. Yep! Oh, yeah, sorry for bumping into you!” She said. April quirked an eyebrow for a second but then smiled.

As Goo started blabbing, April looked at her watch and it said 8:56 A.M. She was gonna be late!

“AHHH! I gotta get to class! I’ve got only four minutes!” April squeaked. Goo then grabbed her by the wrist and started running, as the slightly smaller child was struggling to sprint.

"Hey, hey! Slow down!" she yelled to Goo, who didn't hear her.

As they finally got into the school building, they got to their other classes, just in time, as the bell rang. April thanked Goo for rushing her to school, as she ran. April was out of breath, scraping her feet to her desk.

Mac saw her face ruby red and covered in sweat, panting. He went up to her. “What happened to you? You looked like you ran all the way here.” The boy stated as she glared at him.

The teacher came in, as the students sat in their seats.

“Alright, class, we have a lot to learn.”

April slept throughout the period in exhaustion.

Today wasn’t as bad as she thought it would be; none of the kids were teasing her or anything that would hurt her. At noon, the bell rang for lunch time and April was holding a lunch bag.She tried looking for a table all around the cafeteria in a hurry.

She didn't eat breakfast and was so hungry.

April smiled shyly and saw an empty chair next to a blonde girl, who seemed older. She was about to sit down, until the girl’s hand blocked the cushion and remarked, “Um…Excuse me. I think this seat is taken.”

“B-but, no one’s even sitting here.”

“But you’re not part of this group.” She said. Then another girl stood up and pointed, ”Yeah, I mean look at that hair. It’s so short, people might mistake you as a boy!” April blushed, while the girls laughed.

"And by her clothes, she should sit at the goody-goody tables!"

She then walked away from the table and finally found another table, that was empty, which made it look more welcome. she walked up and sat down. April saw Mac with a tray, walking up towards him, with another person,.

It was the same girl from this morning, she rushed up to her. “Mac, that’s the girl I ran into this morning.” she whispered, Mac smiled.

“She’s in my class and is always alone.” the boy stated sympathetically, coming up to her. “Hey, uh, you don’t mind if we sit here? Do you?”

"Sure," she replied.

The two children then sat on the long bench, opening up their lunches. April then ringed, “Hey, I know you two! You’re one of those smartest kid in class and you’re the girl from this morning!”

“Yeah, sorry, we didn’t introduce ourselves, I’m Goo as I said before and this is one of my best friends, Mac.” Goo then spoke quickly as usual, as Mac grinned.

“I know we didn’t get to talk as much. Tell us about your self.” Mac said.

“Well, I got a dad, mom and an older sister, Linn, almost 14. Trust me, you DO NOT want to meet her, she’s the meanest, nastiest girl the world’s ever known, even when she spits in your face while you‘re sleeping!”

Mac and Goo then laughed as April giggled too, remembering how disgusting it was.

“Yeah, at home it’s like that too. I used to get beat up by my older brother, Terrence, he’s about the age as your sister and my mom works at long hours and Terrence tries to kill me.” Mac said, as April showed wide eyes of interest as she bit her cheeseburger. Goo then continued Mac’s story.

“ Luckily, Mac, created an imaginary friend to help him, his name is Bloo. He always gets himself into trouble, which made things more easier, besides, his brother was a big stooge and Bloo can be a goofball. But Mac and Bloo were inseparable ”

April then giggled again. “Unfortunately, one day, my mom told me to give him up.” Mac stated as April gasped.

“What happened?”

“She said that I was “too old” to have him”. But me and Bloo heard about this place called Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends, a foster home made for abandoned friends. “

“After that, we made a promise to Madame Foster, the founder. As long as I visit there every day, Bloo can’t be up for adoption.”

“You wouldn’t believe what kind of chaos we go through.” he groaned.

“Tell me more!” April commanded happily. They finished their lunch as Goo and Mac shared their stories about their days at Foster’s, through out the day.

To the first day they came, to a chaotic day at the mall, to an unexpected wild house party, to flooding the house and blowing the roof off, to their first Christmas at Foster’s.

Also they talked about their other friends, about Eduardo mostly being a big crybaby, but saving lives, to Coco being their most “unique” friend and sometimes hard to translate to Wilt being the best basketball player that he could beat anyone in a game with one hand. (Literally), that he should be the famous player in the world, no, the universe!

They spoke during lunch and during gym class, despite April being hit with a dodge ball several times and jogging around the field for at least an hour. April asked questions, nodded, and laughed.

When it came to the end of the day, their story came to an end. “Wow, you guys are amazing.”

“ Say, how about you come with us to Foster’s sometime? Huh, Huh, Huh, Huh, Huh?” Goo asked, April shift her shoulder.

“Well, I’m free on Saturday. How’s that sound?” She asked. Mac nodded, “Sure thing. Here‘s the address. ” He took out a written piece of paper that had the location: 1123 Wilson Way.

April thanked them, then waved goodbye as she walked down the sidewalk. Mac and Goo then walked the opposite side of the street. As they got to the old mansion as always, Bloo popped out the door with a giant toboggan behind him.

“Mac, there you are, I was wondering if you want to go stair sledding again. Coco’s going to time our speed.” Bloo said as Mac and Goo came in, ignoring Bloo’s foolish plan.

“We just made a new friend today.” Goo shouted. Bloo eyes went wide.

“You made a new friend? Finally! You haven’t made anything in like years!” Bloo complained as Mac rolled his eyes.

“Bloo, she’s not imaginary.”

“Aww…’ Bloo whined.

They went up to the second floor to Bloo’s bedroom, where he shared with Coco, Eduardo and Wilt, who were upstairs, playing quiet hobbies. They were mature enough to not fall for Bloo’s tricks, besides, they didn’t have anything else to do.

Eduardo was playing with his latest Darby doll gym set, he had bought at the mall, which was sissy of him to do. “Oh, dear I’ve gain 2 pounds. Back on the tread mill for me.” the monster mimicked the voice of a blonde doll he held in his hoof.

Meanwhile Wilt was only reading a sports magazine, reading in the basketball section, which he only reads. His one eye went wide when he read that Jordan Michaels had won the playoffs, since Wilt had missed it…2 years in a row.

“WHOO! YES! THAT’S MY BOY!” the red beanpole whooped loudly, that it startled Eduardo and Coco, who was somehow painting her toenails. She spilt polish all over her foot, by Wilt’s volume.

That nail polish was a $400.00 limited edition bottle! “COCO CO COCO CO COCO CO!” the strange bird creature screeched as Wilt looked guilty at her face.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to waste your nail polish! You can my allowance to buy another one!” Wilt squealed as she went up to her nest in horror. The door suddenly flung open.

“What?! You’re inviting a GIRL!” Bloo screeched with his eyes big as dinner plates. Usually, Bloo wasn’t the most fond with girls. Aside from, Frankie, Goo, Coco and all the other female imaginary friends he knew about. .

“Well, yeah, I mean, sometimes, I get tired of always hanging with boys all the time.” Goo blurted as she looked at the group in their position, seeing Eduardo staring with his large yellow eyes and Wilt staring with his only working eyestalk. “No offense.” She stated.

Wilt then butted in,” I’m sorry, but, what are you talking about?”

“Goo and I just met this girl at school today and--” Mac answered as Coco clucked.

“Coco co coco Coco co?” The bird said flirtatiously as Mac had a confused stare, trying to figure out what the creature asked. He then picked it up right away.

“No, Coco! She‘s not my girlfriend!”

The blob had a strange glare at his respond.

“What she like? Is she pretty? Is she nice?” Eduardo asked with his hooves near his face as Goo continued.

“Oh, yeah, she’s okay. No, no, no; more than okay, she is like so awesome. Despite the fact she doesn‘t have any friends.” The girl said, as Wilt’s eye went wide in surprise and asked her.

“No friends?! I’m sorry, but are you saying that she doesn’t have ANY friends at ALL?” Wilt asked worriedly as Goo nodded her head.

“I’m sorry, but I don’t believe this. What is it with kids these days? Always judging people.” The red thought mumbled irritably. Children’s actions weren’t like in Wilt’s days back in the 70s, when he was thought up.

“That’s the reason why Goo’s bringing her to Foster’s this weekend.” Mac added as Wilt smiled warmly. The broken thought had felt tons of sympathy in his heart, as he always has when he sees someone who has something that bothers them.

“Trust us, you guys are gonna like her.” Mac said. Bloo then shuffled his way to the bed when he stepped in something wet and slippery. He looked down and saw a magenta-colored liquid. It was Coco’s spilt nail polish.

“AHHHH! BLOOD! COCO’S A MURDERER!”

Eduardo blinked as he heard Bloo’s shrieks. The purple monster screamed as he jumped off the bed and ran off through the halls.

“I AMIGOS WITH A HOMOCIDA! HOMOCIDA!” (Homocida: Murderer) Eduardo roared out.

“Here, I’ll get him. It’s my turn.” Mac groaned, then ran out of the room and through the halls to find the paranoid, purple beast.

Meanwhile, Linn was only watch her favorite soap opera, “The Loved and the Loveless” as the teen was watching Slade about to pucker his lips to kiss her other girlfriend, as her old wife, Shana opened the door and gasped at the site.

“Slade, I thought we were supposed to be together forever!” Shanda yelled as her eyes watered up.

“Please, it’s not what it looks like!” the man stammered. As the other women glared.

“You never told me you were married. We’re through!” she said as she left toward the door.

Shauna with tears dripping down her face went up and slapped him in the face.

Linn chuckled, “Well, that’s what you get for cheating, Slade.”

The door opened and it was April. Linn then hurriedly changed the channel to something else.

“I saw that. Not convinced.” April said as she passed her anxious sister. Linn then noticed something about her as she went upstairs. She seemed happier than usual.

At dinner, the two daughters, and their parents, sat at the table, eating spaghetti. Linn stared suspicious on April, until her mother, Mei asked, “So girls, how was school?”

“Oh, I got an A+ on a quiz,” replied Linn trying to get her parents attention, but April chirped, which made all eyes targeting her in interest.

“I actually made new friends today!” the child said, as her parents smiled.

Thomas said in delight,” Well that’s wonderful, honey.”

“Mac and Goo. I don’t know why Goo’s called that.” April replied as they raised their eyebrows. She told about everything about what her companions gossiped to her. “Can I go with them to hang out on Saturday? Please?”

“Well, you never went to someone’s house before. Are you sure?” Mei asked with concern, their parents were kind of cautious of having April hang at someone's house, because of her age. April nodded.

“Alright, you can go. “

April cheered silently to herself. She wondered what wonders will await her on Saturday. Linn however was more suspicious; usually she’d rather see her quiet and miserable than happy and sunny.

“What is that little runt so happy about? ‘Cause I’m gonna find out.” Linn thought the next day, drawing her sister being beaten. While her teacher Mr. Wince, the oldest English teacher in her school. He turned from the chalk board to the class handing out quiz papers.

“I’m giving you all back your quizzes from yesterday,” Mr. Wince called out as he placed them one by one. This made Linn snapped to her senses as she received her paper which received a marking of a D+ , her eyes went wide.

“Mr. Wince, you said yesterday that I got an A+!” the teen groaned as the elderly turned around.

“I meant Linn McDowell not you, Miss Hyun.” he pointed to the far corner where a freckled, orange hair girl with glasses waved.

“Yeah, will you ever listen?” a low voice asked rudely behind her back. She turned around and saw a boy who was about the same age as her. He had raven black hair like she did and his face was not smooth and clear, instead it was covered in red bumps, known as pimples.

He dressed up in a dark red jacket, black shirt. Including blue baggy jeans and sneakers. He looked like one of those punk rockers, Linn thought. The boy had his feet upon the desk as Linn stared in disgust.

“Shut up, Zitzilla! You couldn’t even get an A, even if you tried.” Linn yelled. The class whooped for the girl.

“Well, if I did, I would’ve gotten actually gotten a C- instead,” Terrence stated. He actually never got a good grade in anything. “Besides, I’d been higher scorer than you in THIS class!’

The class whooped again as Linn was fuming.

“You take that back!” she growled in a demonic, voice.

“Make me”, Terrence teased. Linn then charged at him and sent him to floor beating him up, as the class cheered as if it were a wrestling match.

This was just not her day today.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:05 PM   #4
kammy101
Newly Abandoned

Kissy, kissy  

Chapter 3: Impressions

Since April met Mac and Goo, she spent time with them often. But the week sped fast until Saturday came along.

She left the family home, feeling that this would be a more better day. She got new friends, Linn’s grounded in her room for having a fight at school. April grabbed the address Mac gave to her.

She then finally found Wilson Way and found a house with a scent of fresh cut lawn.

The mail box said "Rivers"

April then ran up to the porch when she slipped on her foot and landed on the freshly cut lawn. The child was thankful the soft green grass broke her fall; but then all of sudden a man’s voice was heard.

April then saw an elderly man, known as Old Man Rivers.

“HEY! Get off my lawn, you brat! Do you know how hard it is to keep this lawn fresh here? What is it with you kids these days?” Mr. Rivers yelled, as April got up.

“Sorry, sir! Isn’t this 1123 Wilson Way?” she asked. Old Man Rivers’ face softened up, but barely.

“This is 1122, over there is where Martha is. Oh, that Martha!” he hissed angrily remembering who this Martha was. April had no idea who she was talking about.

“Who’s Martha?” April asked. Rivers pointed his canes across the street to a house behind her.

“My neighbor,” he said. April turned around and her eyes were wide in surprise. It was actually the same huge mansion, she passes after school.

“Whoa. Didn’t see that coming,” she said. The sound of a lawn mower was heard behind her and it was Mr. Rivers automatic lawn mower right next to her.

“Get out of my lawn or I’ll call the cops!” he screamed. April yelped and ran across the street until she got to the other side.

She pushed the iron gates open, and walked up to the pathway. She then look at the colorful sign next to her. It read:

“Foster’s home for Imaginary Friends”

She continued to walk up to the stairs and up to the door, rang the door bell and stood there patiently.

For 10 seconds, she somehow heard thumping coming closer behind the door, like someone was jumping towards it. She finally heard the door creak open and couldn’t believe what she saw.

What was wearing a tuxedo and top hat, had no pants, was grey and had really long ears. It was a giant rabbit looking like…a butler?

He then tipped his hat to her and spoke in elderly, yet British accent, ”Good day, young lass. How may I be of your assistance?”

“Are you like some sort of butler?”

The rabbit scoffed,” I will have you know that I am Herriman. Mr. Herriman to be exact, the head of business of Foster’s and I am not a service trade. Now please state your purpose at this residence.”

“I…uh…you see…I uh?”

“Speak up, child. I don’t have all day with indecisive stuttering.” Mr. Herriman said impatiently. Then suddenly a voice rang out, April knew that voice.

She looked behind the rabbit and saw Goo and Mac running toward him, including a small blue blob, she never seen before.

“Wait a minute. It’s okay, Mr. Herriman, me and Mac know her!”

Herriman stood with his eyes wide. “You know the identity of this child?”

“Yeah, we met her at school, she Goo’s best friend,” Mac added. Herriman coughed.

“Miss Goo’s friend?”

“No, she’s not imaginary!” Goo said irritably.

“Very well, then, but, let me take a slight examination on uh…” Herriman stopped since she did not say her name.

“April,” April finished.

“Yes, Miss April. Now do you have any high percentage of social chattering?”

“No?”

“Do you have creativity?”

“Not that much.”

Herriman took a look at her appearance, she didn’t seem wild or obnoxious like Goo was. He checked around until he was done. It felt like a doctor’s appointment for April.

“She seems fairly acceptable to me. Miss April, I shall arrange a tour for you.”

“A tour?”

“Master Mac and Miss Goo, please lead Miss April, I have some work to be done.” Herriman concluded and hopped away to his office.

“So that’s the kid, you were talking about.” the blob known as Bloo said.

“Yep, that’s her.” Goo said, then walked up to her. “April this Mac’s imaginary friend, Bloo--” Bloo then went up to April’s face.

“Or mostly, the Bloo King, Bloo dude, or His Bloo Majesty--” Bloo interrupted as Mac pushed him out of the way, as April laughed.

“Well, nice to meet you, Bloo. They told me a lot about you. ” April said shaking his blobby hand.

“Did they say stuff about my charisma or charm?”

“No, but they did tell me what you’re famous for.”

“For being the most awesome friend?”

“No, for being the biggest goofball.” Bloo then frown as the children laughed.

“You’re a riot, kid, you really are“, a woman’s voice said. April turned around and a red-headed women, who had a vacuum in her hand.

“Shut it Frankie, this kid doesn‘t even know me”, Bloo complained.

“April this is Frankie she’s the secretary,” Mac introduced her. Frankie shook her hand gladly.

“What’s up? They told me about you. I hope you enjoy Foster’s, since you’re Goo’s first human friend, you come visit anytime. Just don‘t tell Herriman I said that.” Frankie whispered. The intercom then echoed Herriman’s voice.

“Miss Francis, there has been an incident on the 3rd floor! Proceed immediately!”

“I need to go. Bloo this better not have been you again.” Frankie growled at Bloo as she went upstairs with the vacuum.

“No, I swear it wasn’t me!” the blob pleaded.

“Well, let’s get started with the tour,” Mac said uneasily. The four of them walked upstairs to a large room. “Over here is the parlor where it’s just a relaxation for the friends.”

April saw so many creatures, they call “Imaginary Friends” of all colors, shapes and sizes. Some had more than two eyes or arms. Some long and skinny, short and fat, had wings, you name it.

“Wow.” was all she can say.

They went on to find a more exciting room onto the next floor, a door that a name titled “ARCADE”. April’s eyes went wide.

“No way. You have an arcade?” April squealed as Bloo opened the door. In the room were a couple of imaginary friends playing video games; noise was blazing through their eardrums. They walked into the dark, yet neon colored room.

“Yep, we have all kinds of games here!” Goo said. April looked around and saw a video game she hasn’t played, entitled, “Super Lario Brothers” then Bloo snatches it away from her.

“Oh no, no, no. My good friend, I hate to break it to you, but this game is for high scored masters only, namely me.” Bloo said pointing to himself.

“Are you kidding? I played this game back in my old town and I‘m pretty good.” April remarked.

“Prove it,” Bloo remarked. They then started the game, Bloo went first and score 91,759 pts. Which was his highest. “Beat that”.

April started and then played for about half and hour. She even made it to the final level. The friends noticed her playing and a whole mob came by. Everyone including Bloo gasped when April’s score showed. It was 700,382 pts, much higher than Bloo’s or anyone else’s score and ranked first place.

“I don’t believe it, she actually got THAT far!” one friend shouted. Everyone agreed and cheered. Bloo was left steaming with envy.

“What about me? I ranked second place!”

The children and Bloo went out of the arcade and continued with the tour.

‘Bloo quit being a sore loser.’ Mac said to Bloo who still mad at April for beating him. “At least you got 2nd place.”

“That’s not even a place worth winning.”
Old 12-27-2016, 12:50 PM   #5
KazooBloo
Foster's Legend

Nice.