Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fun and Games > Cartoon Network Universe: FusionFall

Notices

Cartoon Network Universe: FusionFall Topics relating to the MMORPG FusionFall belong here.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:39 PM   #1
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky
Thumbs up Tip: Warp Failures and Network Close

I am having horrible problems with Network Close errors and "You have lost connection with the network" popups etc right now. While this tip doesn't solve my problem, it does help me out. This will also reset your connection when you get a Warp Failure. Basically, I used to think one had to quit the game entirely and then relaunch it, which is time-consuming, but you don't.

All you have to do is bring up your console, click Quit, then on the Quit menu select Change Character. Choose your character again and re-enter the game and your connection will be back. They now have an entry dealing with Warp Failures in the Help Center and that's where I learned this. Just fyi!

edit: OH, I also meant to add, you can use Change Character to get out of Infected Zones quickly as well. Just quit and change character and when you get back in the game you will be outside the Infected Zone. No more running around trying to get back out, lol.

Last edited by Sparky; 12-28-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:30 AM   #2
Snakemaster9
Newly Abandoned

Proud Nerd  

How weird, whenever I get network close, now fusionfall has to start over

Last edited by Snakemaster9; 12-30-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Snakemaster9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:57 AM   #3
The bloo
Settling In

Cool  

Same for me also.

Thats the bloo i know

Thats ugly

:bloogrin
The bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:58 AM   #4
Sparky

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

...start over? How do you mean?
Old 12-30-2008, 12:02 PM   #5
Snakemaster9
Newly Abandoned

Proud Nerd  

Well, it goes to the error message, Internet Explorer is restarting, then everything is closed, this also happens when I exit the game.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:06 PM   #6
Sparky

I have had my browser close sometimes when getting "You have lost connection with the network" errors but not "Network Close". They might be the same error but they have different popups.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:00 PM   #7
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

The network close bug has been hitting me big time today, it seems that every time I want to get on and play after everything loads up, the game decides "that's enough" and stops working.

And it's not the browser crashing restart kind of bug either (Although that happens about 50 percent of the time) after the network close prompt appears I am still able to walk around and stuff but I can't actually do anything. (IE Fight Monsters, interact with other players/characters...etc.) I can't even quit the game properly (I have to shut down the browser window.)

After checking out the fusion fall forums/help page I still have yet to come across any kind of solution to this problem. I thought it may have been something on my end but I've checked my system and they meet all the requirements to play this game properly.

They did mention something about sending them something called a DX Diag when requesting help, but when I clicked on their how to guide to creating a DX Diag....that part of their website is down too.

So after all that, I guess what I am asking is that are you guys still dealing with the same problem and if so how are you all dealing with it and any further tips y'all would like to share?

Sorry for the long rant, but when you've paid 50$ for a game, you kind of get peeved when it only wants to work every other day.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:43 PM   #8
Sparky

Yeah I meant to update this thread and forgot...yes I'm having the same problems, and the change character trick doesn't work anymore - because one cannot even quit the game at all when there's a network close. The browser window has to be closed. I have brought this up on the official FF forum...twice now I think, and have yet to be acknowledged either by staff or other players. So I don't know what to tell you. :/

To be honest I prefer Network Close to Unity crashes, which close the whole browser. The reason for that is, with a Network Close you can just close the game popup window and start a new game, which loads quickly as you already have all the game info cached. Unity crashes close the browser entirely so you lose your cache and you have to load the game files all over again. I have done everything I'm supposed to to tell Firefox NOT to clear my cache upon closing but it continues to do it anyways.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:56 AM   #9
KazooBloo
Foster's Legend

Bummer dude.

Tags
fusionfall, network close, warp failure