Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:14 PM   #111
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Talking

Of course, he's right. *pops in the DVD*

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 07:27 PM   #112
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Like most of us I miss the show these days, and I miss the gang. Some characters I miss more than others and you know who tops the list so earlier this evening I got out the Season Two discs and replayed Frankie My Dear yet again. It really is a remarkably good episode, one of the standouts of a remarkably good series. The story itself has a sort of timeless quality to it, something that has undoubtably been played out throughout the ages, from medieval times to the Star Trek era; with a little tinkering I can see it working for other shows as well. In another timeline maybe it's Daphne on a date with that lunkhead Dylan, with Fred in the role of Princey and Scooby and Shaggy are under the coat as Orlando Doo. I think overall Mac and Bloo got a little more screen time than Frankie did but her time was excellent time indeed and she really carried the episode well. And of course it's always nice to see her happy and smiling even though you know life is going to hand her another lemon. She shrugs it off and moves on, showing that she's stronger inside than you think. I have no doubt in my mind that if Mac and Bloo hadn't gotten involved and she had gotten into a relationship with Dylan, she would have seen through him soon enough and sent him packing, and if he'd turned out to be an abusive sort she isn't the sort who would've gotten trapped; she might put up with it briefly but eventually she'd have flattened the coward and had him arrested. Mac and Bloo turned in a good, solid performance as well, from the "and hot!" routine through the final confrontation with Dylan and everything in between. Chris and Princey's roles, while smaller, were just as important to the story, and they were both perfect for the parts they needed to play, the lovestruck teenager and the somewhat dim, over-the-top romantic. And then there's Orlando Bloo, one of the funniest characters the Foster's team ever dreamed up. I doubt we'll see him again before the series ends but I think one last time would be a hilarious treat for us all. I'd love to see Mr. Herriman under that coat with Bloo sitting on his head.

Again, this was a standout episode, and for me it remains my favorite even to this day, three and a half years after it first aired. Frankie will always be the star in my eyes, and in this episode she was the star in nearly every way, but I tip my hat to all the other characters involved, regulars and one-shots alike, and to the artists and writers who made it all possible. Well done I say, well done to all!

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:33 PM   #113
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I think this episode was above perfect, because it's thanks to it that I started watching the show on a regular basis and thus became such a big fan! And I say above perfect because most the other episodes are perfect, but I may not have noticed the others if I hadn't seen this one. And it is now tied for my favorite episode of all time.

Orlando Bloo will never, ever get old. I'll always have a hearty belly laugh for him.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:58 AM   #114
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
I think this episode was above perfect, because it's thanks to it that I started watching the show on a regular basis and thus became such a big fan! And I say above perfect because most the other episodes are perfect, but I may not have noticed the others if I hadn't seen this one. And it is now tied for my favorite episode of all time.

Orlando Bloo will never, ever get old. I'll always have a hearty belly laugh for him.
I was introduced to Frankie through other artists perceptions. I started to enjoy the show until this episode. After this cute and brilliant story, not only was I a fan of Fosters - I fell in love with Frankie
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:46 AM   #115
WestBunny:3
Newly Abandoned

We must dominate the world!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
Right said, lynnie

I didn't know bloo had such voice skills. It was so funneh!!
Seeing him trying to cut and eat that steak of meat was priceless too, and also Mac's grin was
Old 09-28-2008, 12:09 PM   #116
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

I think what really worked for this episode that made it stand out above others (besides the fact I'm cuckoo for Frankie puffs ) is the fact it managed to create a unique, different kind of story for a minor character and make it interesting and funny. I mean when you think about it, this is a really different episode.

The focus comes on a side character, the plot is exceedingly more adult and teen like (dating, falling in love, sexuality etc.) and they managed to make it work in a kids environment with child like characters. I'm still applauding the fact the creators decided to make Bloo and Mac fall in love with Frankie, kids drooling at an older parental type figure is not something I see too often.

Usually "puppy love" is ignored upon and the children characters view lovey dovey stuff as "ick" in their words, or too confusing for them to understand. Here, its used quite well and it actually shows up AGAIN! Solidifying the fact it wasn't a one time gag. Plus, its nice to actually see other people in Frankie's life other then her grand mother.

Outside of Kathy and Frankie's infamous mystery parents, we don't know a damn thing of who exists in Frankie's history or even how she met Dylan. I know that's kind of useless information considering Dylan is a tool, but I am curious as to wonder how those two met.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:50 PM   #117
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

My impression was that they met when Frankie and Kathy went out for the night, although under what circumstances I can't say. If I had to guess I'd say that they were introduced by mutual friends, possibly at a club of some sort.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:06 AM   #118
dieddead46
Newly Abandoned

I think this was most probably the first episode of Fosters I ever watched.
And it really drew me in. I mean it' was a kids cartoon.
That didn't treat kids like kids. It treated them like young adults.
And I don't know, ever since I watched that episode, Mac's goofball expressions, the face offs between Mac and Bloo over Frankie's affection.
I just think it was an episode that really, really worked, and showed a lot of intelligence.
So yeah, I think that was the episode that really made me fall in love with the series.
dieddead46 is offline   Reply With Quote