Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2006, 09:26 PM   #17
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch3353-h4xx0rrrr View Post
PBL, Mac's mum never said "Throw him out on the street," but she told Mac to get *rid* of him. That could mean a lot of things. "Give him to the neighbor kids. Take him to the dog shelter. Just get him out of this house."

Gotta comment. Now, I guess this might just be me, but I wouldn't let my eight year old (and no shouts of "but he's SOOOO mature!") give away a HAMSTER. *I*, the PARENT, would go online or something, hit a hamster forum maybe, and find either a rescue or someone to adopt it. I'd put even *more* effort into finding a home for a being who can talk and think like a human being. It strikes me as massively irresponsible to expect a child to find a good home for an imaginary friend, let alone to expect him to do it in 24 hours. (And if she didn't actually expect him to do it in 24 hours, I have to wonder if she was surprised when Bloo was gone so quickly. Think she asked Mac where he took Bloo? *I* don't.) Reminds me of the episode of Animal Cops or one of those shows where a woman went to JAIL for allowing her 13-year-old to let his dog starve to death chained to the fence in order to teach the KID to be responsible. SHE went to jail, not him.

I am not a parent, and I doubt I ever will be, but I think its pretty obvious that Bloo's mere presence at home was not the problem - and in fact Bloo's sudden removal without ANY other sort of intervention was WORSE than just leaving him there and ignoring the whole situation. I do not blame Terrence 100% for all the problems between him and Mac and Bloo (unlike a lot of people who would like to believe its all his fault), but I do know that taking Bloo away from Mac was NOT the right thing to do. Arguments about the fact that if it didn't happen the show wouldn't exist aside, of course.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote