Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > General Character Discussions

Notices

General Character Discussions Discussions about the characters in *general*, or groups of characters, belong here. Please place discussions about *single* specific characters in their appropriate category.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:47 PM   #1
Frankie_4_Prez
At Home

Frankie encourages you to READ!  

Default Imaginary animal friends

Other than Herry, who is clearly a rabbit, what other obviously animal-looking friends have shown up in Foster's episodes? (in other words, something ambiguous like Coco shouldn't count)

The only other obvious one I can think of is Fluffernutter (squirrel).

Really curious what the heck inspired Duchess (short-nosed elephant?) and Berry (annoying rodent creature?)
Old 04-08-2008, 07:51 PM   #2
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie_4_Prez View Post
Really curious what the heck inspired Duchess (short-nosed elephant?) and Berry (annoying rodent creature?)
Good one.

Crackers, a small dog, comes to mind immediately but I'm drawing a blank on any others at the moment.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:55 PM   #3
Frankie_4_Prez
At Home

Wow that was a fast reply. Was just browsing the screencaps, and in "Go Goo Go", Goo imagines a bunch of... mini-humans, and in "Setting a President," there's an owl friend whom Herry forces to sleep at night. But these are all relatively minor characters. I'd imagine there really aren't any more major characters (those who have a proper name) that are some kind of animal.

Oh yeah, which episode is Crackers in? Sorry it isn't really obvious to me.

Last edited by Frankie_4_Prez; 04-08-2008 at 07:55 PM.
Frankie_4_Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:58 PM   #4
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I have the gallery from the season sets posted on my site, here and here. You can use them to remind you of the minor characters.

There's quite a few animal characters. But please don't use this thread to simply post a list, as a list is not a discussion. I don't know exactly what kind of discussion you had in mind.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:01 PM   #5
Frankie_4_Prez
At Home

Wow, cool, I'll check out those links. Yeah I guess the board rules weren't too clear to me, as to what counts as a discussion and what doesn't. What I asked was really a simple question with a simple answer. Is there a better place to do that? I mean, just ask simple questions? You should remove this thread if you feel it isn't in the spirit of the forum. Sorry
Old 04-08-2008, 08:10 PM   #6
Sparky

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I just wanted to make sure the thread wouldn't just turn into a list with no discussion, that's all...Any thread with no discussion in it belongs in Spam. Though I'm pretty sure people could come up with some discussion...like, why do some people imagine IFs that look like specific animals while others imagine crazy mixed-up looking IFs? Does that say anything about the creator? Is someone who creates a mixed-up type of IF more imaginative, or just someone who has trouble settling on one thing?

(But I know what you mean, like once I asked what ep contained a scene I could remember but I forgot what ep that was. But we ended up discussing the scene a bit, anyways.)

Last edited by Sparky; 04-08-2008 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:12 PM   #7
Frankie_4_Prez
At Home

Hmm, ok, I'll keep that in mind. At first it seemed me that Spam was for stuff non-Foster's related, but it sounds better to put short and simple questions over there regardless. Thanks.

Since often we have no clue about the nature of every IF's creator, I'd say probably the older kids imagine more "logical" or "normal" friends as they have experienced more of the Real-world through school or TV or whatever. As some evidence, it's known that practically every newborn can only conjure up scribbles, and there seemed to be literally thousands of them.

Just thought of another spin-off question, why do you think Terrence came up with a blocky, square-shaped friend? Was it like a spur of the moment thing? He wanted something ultra mean and evil... but got in fact a fairly innocently natured IF. Perhaps the time you take to think of an IF makes a big difference?

Last edited by Frankie_4_Prez; 04-08-2008 at 08:18 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:18 PM   #8
Sparky

It's not like we never have non-discussion threads in the Foster's sections, we just try to encourage people to not do it. If you can ask a simple question in an existing thread that would be better than starting a new thread that may end up, again, turning into just a list or whatever. If it's possible, try to do that. And let's try to make this the last OT post in this thread.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:22 PM   #9
Frankie_4_Prez
At Home

OK, yeah, I agree it is getting a bit off-topic. Just ignore what I wrote above.

Last edited by Frankie_4_Prez; 04-08-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:30 PM   #10
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Back on-topic, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie_4_Prez View Post
Oh yeah, which episode is Crackers in? Sorry it isn't really obvious to me.
Crackers was introduced in Mac Daddy.

Some animal IF's might have been created as replacements for pets that have passed on. Others might have come into existance as an act of defiance, as in "Oh, so you won't get me a puppy, dad? Fine! I'll make my own!" More exotic animals, such as an imaginary iguana, might be the result of an intense fascination with the species. That's my thoughts on the matter, at least.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote