Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fan Creations > Fan-Fic Forum

Notices

Fan-Fic Forum Post and discuss Foster's-related stories here.

Old 10-26-2007, 12:35 PM   #1
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17
Question Question About a Sequel...

Hello, all! I have a question about a fanfic I'm writing, and I hope you guys, being fellow Foster's fans (I'd assume!), can help me out.

I'm on fanfiction.net, username supergeek17, and I'm working on a piece called "Where to Save a Life" I know that Vampyre and Antgirl1 have reviewed it (thanks!), but I need the help of my fellow Foster's fans.

I'm considering writing a sequel, most likely titled "What Really Happened." (I'm hesitant to use that title, mostly because it sounds like a Lifetime movie waiting to happen.) It's supposed to cover Wilt's life after the events outlined in "Where to Save a Life," especially his mental state. (I won't write him going truly, hard core insane, promise.)

Now I get around to the actual question: I was wondering how you guys, if you read the story and based on what I've got so far (it's nearly done), would feel about a sequel. I think (and hope) that a sequel will be relatively well-received, but I still have this slight paranoia that people will groan, "Oh God, not a sequel..." whent they see it.

Just a quick recap: What I'm asking is:
  1. How would you guys feel about a sequel, based on what you've read (if any of it)?
  2. Is there anything in particular you think would work well in said sequel? (And play nice here-- I don't want to spark a riot and get yelled at!)
  3. Any ideas for an alternate title?

Thanks, and I'd greatly appreciate any help you guys can give me!

EDIT: OK, in case you looked at this recently and went, "Hey, it looks different..." there's a reason. As you all know, I upped the rating on "Where..." to M (that was just this morning). I just received a personal message saying that links to story rated above PG weren't allowed and to please edit the link out. Feeling more than a little sheepish, I listened. The story's still up and officially done on fanfiction.net, but the link is no longer here. Sorry about the mix up.

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille

Last edited by WiltsAKGirl17; 10-29-2007 at 07:11 PM.
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:57 PM   #2
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

I'm totally up for a sequel! You have a great story going here, and it would be a shame to just end it like when it's done. Sequels are good, I think. They can join loose ends, explain things that weren't explained in the original story. But they also just add more of a story, and your story's already brilliant, so adding more would be even more brilliant.
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 02:59 PM   #3
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

I'd like a sequel, too, I just hope that things don't go TOO far, or TOO detailed, (You'd have to rate it M if you use Chapter 5, which I'm also happy that you avoided too much detail of it in the first place).

But either way, if I don't like it, then I won't flame, or bash. I'll just leave it be.

Last edited by antgirl1; 10-28-2007 at 03:01 PM.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:32 AM   #4
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Default The Final Decision

OK, everyone I'm back! (Antgirl1, I did change the rating to M-- some one else suggested I up it because of Chapter 5, so I thought about it and did.)

I just finished "Where to Save a Life" this morning. (YAY! *victory dances all the way to fourth period*) I decided I am gonna write a sequel. I'm not sure how long it'll be, but I'll let you guys know when it's up.

Thanks a million!

Old 10-29-2007, 04:34 PM   #5
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!
Old 02-17-2008, 06:20 PM   #6
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Default Shoe Laces

Please forgive the topic ressurection, but here's the final say.

I finally have the start of the sequel up over on fanfiction.net, entitled "Shoe Laces." A million thanks to Vampyre for the title-- I owe you sooooooooooooo much! I'm not adding a link to the story because I don't know if I'll end up upping the rating again-- I'm starting off with T and hoping I don't inadvertantly write something that garners an M. (If you REALLY want a link, PM me.)

Thank you guys so much for your ideas and opinions! I'll try not to disappoint.

~ supergeek17, aka WiltsAKGirl17

Old 02-27-2008, 04:02 PM   #7
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

I kinda have an idea, here. XD

Maybe, during the story, is if the Davis twins make a comback, one of them at least, would start to realize what they've been doing was wrong.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:56 PM   #8
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
I kinda have an idea, here. XD

Maybe, during the story, is if the Davis twins make a comback, one of them at least, would start to realize what they've been doing was wrong.
Ahh... hmm... uh... Um, I wasn't really planning to bring the Davis girls back into the plotline for "Shoe Laces"-- I really want my focus here to be Wilt and his recovery process, with a little bit of other character's angst to round it out. They'll be mentioned, but the little devils won't be making a comeback. Not unless you guys want me to strangle my computer, screaming obscenities at them for what they did in chapter five. ;)

The reason I say that is because I primarily have a semi-firm basis in reality for the recovery process. It's not always that the wrong-doer (why does that sound so lame?) realizes the error of their ways, and I DON'T want this story to be all sunshine, lollipops and roses at the end. The recovery will be there, but it's going to be slow, like in a real-life situation. (I've done some serious research here.)

I'm not bashing your idea in any way, please don't read this like that; I'm just saying that... I really don't want to bring them back. (I've never hated any of my OCs that much before...)

Old 12-27-2016, 12:59 PM   #9
KazooBloo
Foster's Legend

SEQUEL.